music artist appears twice

Lee

you should run ffprobe using the same command line that the server uses. i think it outputs it to the log when new audio is scanned in. if not, just search the code on github for ffprobe and you should be able to find the params.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Found the parameter in the logs.  According to ffprobe.org the -i parameter just tells it to read the input file following.  It looks like the same output so I'm guessing the -i para is the default

ffprobe -i file:"01 - Happy.wma"

ffprobe version N-66618-ge079d43 Copyright © 2007-2014 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Oct  4 2014 22:10:14 with gcc 4.9.1 (GCC)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-av
isynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enab
le-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --
enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-lib
modplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrw
b --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinge
r --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --en
able-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
 --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-
libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
  libavutil      54.  9.100 / 54.  9.100
  libavcodec     56.  2.101 / 56.  2.101
  libavformat    56.  7.104 / 56.  7.104
  libavdevice    56.  1.100 / 56.  1.100
  libavfilter     5.  1.102 /  5.  1.102
  libswscale      3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
  libpostproc    53.  1.100 / 53.  1.100
Input #0, asf, from 'file:01 - Happy.wma':
  Metadata:
    WMFSDKNeeded    : 0.0.0.0000
    DeviceConformanceTemplate: L3
    WMFSDKVersion   : 12.0.9600.16384
    IsVBR           : 1
    date            : 2014
    WM/Year         : 2014
    WM/Track        : 0
    genre           : Top 40
    title           : Happy
    album_artist    : Various Artists
    album           : Now That's What I Call Music! 50
    track           : 1
    artist          : Pharrell Williams
  Duration: 00:03:51.08, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 314 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg), 500x500 [sAR 1:1 DAR 1:1],
 90k tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc
    Metadata:
      comment         : Cover (front)
    Stream #0:1: Audio: wmav2 (a[1][0][0] / 0x0161), 44100 Hz, 2 channels, fltp,
 313 kb/s

FrostByte

Here is the same file after converting it to mp3 format

ffprobe -i file:"01 - Happy.mp3"

built on Oct  4 2014 22:10:14 with gcc 4.9.1 (GCC)
isynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enab
le-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --
enable-libfreetype --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-lib
modplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrw
b --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinge
r --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --en
able-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
  libavutil      54.  9.100 / 54.  9.100
  libavcodec     56.  2.101 / 56.  2.101
  libavformat    56.  7.104 / 56.  7.104
  libavdevice    56.  1.100 / 56.  1.100
  libavfilter     5.  1.102 /  5.  1.102
  libswscale      3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
  libpostproc    53.  1.100 / 53.  1.100
Input #0, mp3, from 'file:01 - Happy.mp3':
  Metadata:
    title           : Happy
    album           : Now That's What I Call Music! 50
    genre           : Top 40
    album_artist    : Various Artists
    track           : 1
    artist          : Pharrell Williams
    date            : 2014
  Duration: 00:03:51.13, start: 0.025056, bitrate: 157 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 154 kb/s
    Metadata:
      encoder         : LAME3.99r
    Stream #0:1: Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg), 500x500 [sAR 1:1 DAR 1:1],
    Metadata:
      title           :
      comment         : Cover (front)

ginjaninja

Here is the same file after converting it to mp3 format

ffprobe -i file:"01 - Happy.mp3"

built on Oct 4 2014 22:10:14 with gcc 4.9.1 (GCC)

libavutil 54. 9.100 / 54. 9.100

libavcodec 56. 2.101 / 56. 2.101

libavformat 56. 7.104 / 56. 7.104

libavdevice 56. 1.100 / 56. 1.100

libavfilter 5. 1.102 / 5. 1.102

libswscale 3. 1.100 / 3. 1.100

libswresample 1. 1.100 / 1. 1.100

libpostproc 53. 1.100 / 53. 1.100

Input #0, mp3, from 'file:01 - Happy.mp3':

Metadata:

title : Happy

album : Now That's What I Call Music! 50

genre : Top 40

album_artist : Various Artists

track : 1

artist : Pharrell Williams

date : 2014

Duration: 00:03:51.13, start: 0.025056, bitrate: 157 kb/s

Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 154 kb/s

Metadata:

encoder : LAME3.99r

Stream #0:1: Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg), 500x500 [sAR 1:1 DAR 1:1],

Metadata:

title :

comment : Cover (front)

Does the converted mp3 file as a single file in a fresh mb3 library/install exhibit the duplicate?

FrostByte

Does the converted mp3 file as a single file in a fresh mb3 library/install exhibit the duplicate?

I've got a few files converted to mp3 for testing, will test after the better half goes to work and I can use her laptop

ginjaninja

is one alternative possible explanation for the course of events,,,

1. file 1 contains tag 'pharrell williams'

2. first scan creates ibn\database artist pharrell williams with mbzid xyz

3. one or more of remaining album files contains tag 'pharrell'.

4. second scan creates  ibn\database artist pharrell with identical mbzid xyz (this is confirmed by the mbz api gets)

5. ? Because the MBZIDs are the same, for similar but not identical tags, mb3 gets confused.?

bringing us back to the original idea that cause is (5) and the solution is to to ensure all tags which represent the same (and can be resolved by the search api as the same) artist, must be identical.

FrostByte

Understand.  You could very well right, I'm just not finding anything in ffprob or my tag editor.  However, right now I'm not even able to reproduce the problem anymore on my test machine either.  I'll just have to keep playing with it and say you and Luke are correct the phantom id tags unless I can get it to reproduce the error again.  I've pretty much muddied the water on this other computer now playing with tags, converting file formats and stuff so I will need to start fresh there.  To tell you the truth I never listen to these 3 guys so I can live with it :)

AND SHE'S GONE!!!!

@@FrostByte you might want to try the method I outlined!! can't remember if search works as well outside w8 but you should be good I think!!

FYI loaded her albums back in and she only appears once... WINNER

• Like 1

ginjaninja

If u had time..it would be good to scan a lubrary with just (3) the other files...to see if pharrel (williams) is in there..

The other quick thing u can do is remove the mbzid from both duplicates in the mb3 meta editor..i have see this have the effect of decoupling artists but not 100% of time.

• Like 1

I've been trying to clean up a lot of my tags...

Came across something with an album where I retagged it in picard but after a scan the old tags seemed to remain...

Then I copied that album and saved it outside of server folders, deleted the album from within metadata manager and reinserted and scanned and the "new" tags showed up..

could there be an issue whereby my old tags were bad, but the server is hanging on to some of that information somewhere?

ginjaninja

Came across something with an album where I retagged it in picard but after a scan the old tags seemed to remain...

Then I copied that album and saved it outside of server folders, deleted the album from within metadata manager and reinserted and scanned and the "new" tags showed up..

could there be an issue whereby my old tags were bad, but the server is hanging on to some of that information somewhere?

i have always found mb3 to very reliable after a scan to faithfully conform to the musictags (save for this duplication issue)..and not remember old tag info after a scan.

i cant recall the need to remove from library and 'reinsert' for music.

what i can recall, but not reproducible and possibly just a dream is that on a couple of occasions whats in in the library seemed to be affected by whats in IBN (not just tags)....but luke says this is not possible and i have no evidence.

since then i have always cleaned out ibn, when i clean up tags, but according to the boss this is not required and 'an old wives tale'. :-)

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 1

I can't find another music artist with a link in that goes to ibn either which one of the MJB's does.. Surely that can't be down to a bad tag???

all others go

music/r&b/mjb

music/hiphop/dr.dre      etc...

FrostByte

Appreciate it, I'll try that.  I also have MC Hammer twice and 2 Chainz twice on my other computer so I'll play with them also after wiping this out.  I have all the time in the world because I'm retired :)

so I tried this with MJB, 6 albums of hers two game albums she appears in nothing else...

delete all traces in ibn (artists/people etc)

rescan - and there she is !!

no songs no albums

if it was a bad tag, surely the song/album that was tagged incorrectly would show up????

I know I said I give up but I can't it's sooooo infuriating.

I'd use ffprobe or whatever but what on? there are no songs or albums listed as I've deleted them all......

I think I've cracked it!!!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D08765572644A05!9760&authkey=!AA_I1eH3imAy0uQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

I decided to extend my search outside mediabrowser...

went in rnb and did a file explorer search for mary, Rihanna songs come up on 2 separate albums...

so I do this throughout all my genres and there are about 7 different artists that seem to be "infected " with mary j. blige!!!!!

one song out of all these albums has her tagged as artist and album stronger each tear...

I'm not sure why MB3 doesn't "see" these songs and list them though??

I can only assume at some point my media database became corrupted within WMP???

Anyway clean up operation then i'll report back!!!

FrostByte

Cool, glad you got yours resolved.  Strange that MB doesn't list the songs associated with the second version of the artist even though it created the second artist.  I will go back and try mine.  We can probably mark this topic as resolved now since you got it working though

ginjaninja

I'm not sure why MB3 doesn't "see" these songs and list them though??

I can only assume at some point my media database became corrupted within WMP???

this* is the normal issue i believe, probably nothing wrong with WMP.

*the track/tag content which precipitated the artist object in MB3 library does not show up under said artist"

• Like 1