If I close the emby app, I cannot start it again w/o uninstalling

phi303

phi303

It's the weirdest thing, on my nvidia shield, if I close emby i.e. hit the back button and hit 'yes' to exit - when I try and load emby again, it will just hang infinitely. same goes with hitting the home button twice and pressing down to remove the app from recent. the only way to get back into emby is completely uninstalling it and re-installing it, oddly going into storage and clearing data and cache doesn't do the trick (makes no sense to me). rebooting the shield also does nothing, it HAS TO BE an uninstall and re-install.

IF I just hit the home button and let emby stay in the background and do whatever and go back into emby, it's totally fine so long as I didn't actually close emby. I'm completely dumbfounded by this because nothing makes sense to me. 

sa2000

I just tried the Emby Android TV app on the Shield - Version 2.1.10g and the app re loaded ok after going through - remote: Back key and then selecting EXIT on the Exit Emby? dialogue and then relaunching Emby.

Must be something specific to your configuration. Is it just the one user account that you use ?

Could I get more info on the setup and versions in use and maybe get Android app debug logs before the hang and also server logs with debug logging enabled beforehand - covering that period and when the app is restarted and hangs

To get the android app debug logs - on the app Settings, select "General Display" and then scroll down until you get to "Enable debug options" and tick/select that. Then go back to the app screen and your account avatar and when that opens, you can choose Send Logs which will send them to emby. Note down the exact time and the emby user account being used. 

Then restart the app which you expect for it to hang - note down the time and now collect the server logs 

See this article on android TV logs and server logs 

sa2000

@phi303is the problem still there ? Have you enabled debug options? You can go through this and after it hangs re-install the go through the steps to send logs and giving the time and timezone and user account name and also getting the server logs in case there are some server aspects

Hi.  Are you running a VPN or any other network watchdog type system?

Solution at the end.

I'd been having the same issue with the Emby for Android TV version 2.1.1.10g.  If I use the "Clear Data" I am able to open the app and log in, otherwise same as the OP. 

I had uninstalled the Android TV app a few times to make sure that I have the latest version and the problem persists.  This is happening on both my Hisense TV running Android TV and 2 Invida Shields running Android TV.  

This behavior was new after upgrading to the beta release of the 4.9 branch.  

Log errors:

2024-05-15 07:51:49.289 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:51:49.289 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network
2024-05-15 07:52:29.062 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:52:29.062 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network
2024-05-15 07:52:29.066 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:52:29.066 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network

My solution was to login to the Emby web interface and change my login password.  I used the same password as before and now Android TV auto login works again without issue.

Edited by consumer
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, consumer said:

Solution at the end.

I'd been having the same issue with the Emby for Android TV version 2.1.1.10g.  If I use the "Clear Data" I am able to open the app and log in, otherwise same as the OP. 

I had uninstalled the Android TV app a few times to make sure that I have the latest version and the problem persists.  This is happening on both my Hisense TV running Android TV and 2 Invida Shields running Android TV.  

This behavior was new after upgrading to the beta release of the 4.9 branch.  

Log errors:

2024-05-15 07:51:49.289 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:51:49.289 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network
2024-05-15 07:52:29.062 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:52:29.062 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network
2024-05-15 07:52:29.066 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - ipAddressFromHeaders: 192.168.200.49
2024-05-15 07:52:29.066 Debug HttpServer: InitRemoteConnectionInfo - rejecting ipAddressFromHeaders as on local network

My solution was to login to the Emby web interface and change my login password.  I used the same password as before and now Android TV auto login works again without issue.

omg, yes, this is exactly the problem! thank you so much! everything is back to normal now. as you stated, i just went and re-added my same password and it's all gravy now - thank you again!

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2024 at 8:11 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Are you running a VPN or any other network watchdog type system?

i'm not sure if relevant but I do have a pihole running at the router level. VPNs are only on browsers for me - I wonder if user consumer also has a pihole running? 

either way, i'm just so happy the problem is solved lol 

• Like 1