Unable to reinstall Emby on TrueNAS Scale

EricKnaak
Go to solution Solved by Lessaj,

EricKnaak

I had to remove Emby due to setting up a incorrectly configured setting for SSL and set SSL to required. So I was no longer able to access it, but now after being uninstalled it wont install properly and won't shutdown via the Emby Web interface. I am trying to setup SSL again, but it doesn't seem to reconfigure when I force it closed and open again from the docker controls in TrueNAS.

Is there something I am missing to get back to a fresh emby install, or is there something up with the image?

I am trying to install the TrueNAS Scale official charts emby image.

Any help is appreciated

EricKnaak

System:

OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2
Product:X10DRi
Model:Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v3 @ 2.60GHz
Memory:126 GiB
Update track Bluefin

EricKnaak
Posted (edited)

I can't access it externally from ports 8096 or 8920, which I want to do to try to get 8920 https working.

it is hard to tell if the certificate took after this last reinstall, because I can't reach it on the https port 8920, but I can reach it externally from port 9096.

Screenshot from 2024-05-06 12-11-34.png

embyserver (1).txt

edit: All of this except the https worked before I locked myself out of it, and had to do a reinstall of the emby docker.

Edited by EricKnaak
forgot one thing

Lessaj

Your HTTPS certificate did not work so only 8096 is listening.

2024-05-06 16:15:04.134 Error App: Error loading cert from /movies/Cert.p12
	System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The certificate data cannot be read with the provided password, the password may be incorrect.

• Like 1

EricKnaak
Posted (edited)

Thank you. If I fix the cert then it should start listening on 8920!

I still don't know why I can't access it from 8096.

Edited by EricKnaak

Lessaj

I'm not familiar with TrueNAS Scale beyond a few minutes playing around a few months ago, what does your configuration look like for the application? Not sure how external access on 9096 would make sense since your port forwarding configuration didn't mention that port, unless that was a typo.

EricKnaak

Sorry my mistake, I didn't include 9096 port forwarding in the picture because there was about 11 other records above it in the port forwarding list. 9096 is being forwarded and so is 8096 and 8920, but I didn't include it in the picture.

attached is my settings but my server name replaced.

Screenshot from 2024-05-06 13-55-59.png

Screenshot from 2024-05-06 13-55-59.png

EricKnaak

If you meant my truenas config here it is.

Screenshotfrom2024-05-0614-00-28.png.d35a7730f90a7d19899d7fc795350ff6.pngScreenshotfrom2024-05-0614-00-36.png.d4691282dbed894903c5259a00cc2349.pngScreenshotfrom2024-05-0614-01-46.png.60fa6c9644b6cd29235d9d3b7050833c.png

Lessaj

If I understand it correctly you're telling the docker container to use 9096 instead of 8096 and I'm not sure that that's correct since I don't see anything that would be mapping 9096 to 8096 in the container. Again, not particularly versed on TrueNAS Scale but it might be a good idea to match that for now.

EricKnaak

it says min value is 9000. I thought I had it working before on port 8096 even with truenas port being off, but I maybe mistaken.

Screenshot from 2024-05-06 14-10-26.png

EricKnaak
Posted (edited)

I tried doing the certification again this time with the full cert instead of short.

screen.png

Edited by EricKnaak
wrong filetype

Lessaj

Your certificate is working now but I don't know how you're exposing 8920 outside the container. The IP says it's 172.16.1.66 but your port forwarding showed 10.0.0.102. Should you be using Host Network for this?

EricKnaak

Oh that is because kubernets are confusing Emby. It's real local ip address is 10.0.0.102, but part of TrueNAS thinks it isn't, but it used to work anyways. I can connect to 10.0.0.102:9096 no problem.

Lessaj

Yes I did also see 9096 as the port being used in the logs from a client perspective, even though it says it's listening on 8096, so it seems to be redirecting the port I just don't see it on the config. Not familiar enough with the platform to understand how to set that up, hopefully someone else that uses TrueNAS Scale can chime in.

• Like 1

EricKnaak

It just seems so close to working.

• Solution
Lessaj

I installed TrueNAS Scale in a VM and admittedly I didn't go all the way to setting up SSL but I couldn't find how exactly it's mapping 9096 to 8096, there was no listening entry in a netstat output and I tried looking at iptables if there was rule but I couldn't find anything. Maybe if I kept digging around I'd have found something. But I did try setting Host Network enabled and now I can see it listening on 8096 so if you don't have anything else listening on those port it may be worth enabling that and you can just use the host IP:8096 or host IP:8920 and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

EricKnaak

It now seems to be working! ip:8920 works. 

all that's left to setup is adding files and automating ip address updates to the dns records.

• Thanks 2