Option to have both allow and block parental control tags

Clackdor

Clackdor

I've been trying to lock down parental controls as much as possible on my server. The existing tagging and rating system is definitely helpful in that, but it's either allow or block as far as tags.

Some older movies that don't follow the modern rating system are rated as "Approved" which falls under the most permissive setting. Some of those movies aren't necessarily young kid friendly. In contrast there are a handful of kid friendly movies and shows above the lowest rating that I would like them to be able to see. 

The only method I've found to be 100% effective is to not use ratings at all and manually tag items to allow access. This get tedious very quickly with large libraries. 

ginjaninja

image.png.994c308ae382b45ded6c42f2fc5915ab.png

A workaround in the mean time might be to use the reports plugin to group by parental rating 'approved' and click through to each movie that should have a strong parental rating and change it..

I dont have 'approved' in my locale but if 'approved' is generally accepted to contain both X rated content and Kids content in your locale then perhaps it should be weighted as X rated (better to be safe than sorry)

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: