Subtitles causes some kind of stutter issue - Windows 10 emby

goudron
Go to solution Solved by goudron,

goudron

Hi, so i have some kind of a stuttering issue.

Each time a subtitle appears on screen the playback doesnt rly stutter but it glitches as if it was resizing the resolution for a fraction of a second, the issue only occurs on one of my screens and also if i put the playback in fullscreen on that one screen. If i put the playback on the other screen theres not a single issue.

I rly dont understand whats causing this damn issue since everything works just fine on my other screen..

Both screens have the same resolution of 1920x1080, the "bugged" one is 144hz and the "good" one is 75hz

I installed drivers for the "bugged" screen but nothing changed same when i downgraded the refresh rate of that screen to 75hz wich didnt solve the problem, i dont rly know what to test now so if someone have any idea of what may be going on i'd be very gratefull !

Happy2Play

Is this ET desktop or App store version?

goudron
Posted (edited)

My bad i think i'm supposed to post this in the Web App thread no? I have Emby server on desktop

Edited by goudron

Happy2Play
23 minutes ago, goudron said:

My bad i think i'm supposed to post this in the Web App thread no? I have Emby server on desktop

Are you using a web browser or download app from app store or ET desktop version from download page?

Happy2Play

@GrimReapercan you move this topic to Windows.

What browser?  Have you tired other browsers?

Can you go over a specific example with server and ffmpeg logs if present.

• Agree 1

goudron
Posted (edited)

I'm on chrome, i've tried edge but same issue.

Also the issue doesnt occur when i turn on the satistics or if i move my mouse around so that the emby overlay appears but as soon as it disappears the issue comes back.

Heres the last ffmpeg logs i got :

ffmpeg-remux-55cda996-1f8e-4c4f-b6e9-62324cd12387_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-1de7f272-7ff7-43dd-8d6d-5521108cd529_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-8fe2a8f3-b9a6-4c5d-91e4-fdaf9199300b_1.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by goudron

Hi, so you're saying it's only when the overlay disappears?

OK we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
goudron

Problem solved.

The issue appeared on some movies but not all of them.

I installed emby on ubuntu server on a different computer, the issue was still here so i tried using a different media server wich is Jellyfin but the issue remained until i switched the "Burn subtitles" parameter from "Auto" to "All" under the "Subtitles" options and voilà the issue doesn't appear anymore.

I couldn't find a similar option on emby unfortunatelly, maybe there is one but not to my knowledge 🤷‍♂️ 

Kinda sorry to switch media server but i had no other choice ^^'

Hope this could help someone who has a similar problem!

Capture.PNG

jaycedk

If you install Diagnostics PlugIn you will have more options.

You will have to redo your config of this every time you restart your server. 

image.thumb.png.1b97d27ed21cc93cd4c51af54b3ff908.png

goudron

Didn't work unfortunately I've just tried either 3 options but none worked i also turned on and off High-Framerate Subtitle Burn-in but the issue remains, I tried playing with the subtitles options bellow but couldn't find something that works.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, goudron said:

Didn't work unfortunately I've just tried either 3 options but none worked i also turned on and off High-Framerate Subtitle Burn-in but the issue remains, I tried playing with the subtitles options bellow but couldn't find something that works.

And how about this in Diagnostic options?

image.png.72e2e6e58c73727a3be13ad07b04feaa.png

goudron
Posted (edited)

Thx It fixes the issue but takes more time to load and cannot read big movies now I get this "reading error" on both machinesimage.png.30dc95f8aacd1793527421990fe9463c.png

Edited by goudron

LittleKinder
23 hours ago, goudron said:

Problem solved.

The issue appeared on some movies but not all of them.

I installed emby on ubuntu server on a different computer, the issue was still here so i tried using a different media server wich is Jellyfin but the issue remained until i switched the "Burn subtitles" parameter from "Auto" to "All" under the "Subtitles" options and voilà the issue doesn't appear anymore.

I couldn't find a similar option on emby unfortunatelly, maybe there is one but not to my knowledge 🤷‍♂️ 

Kinda sorry to switch media server but i had no other choice ^^'

Hope this could help someone who has a similar problem!

Capture.PNG

je dois être aveugle je ne vois pas où tu as cette option de graver

pwhodges

At present that option requires you to install the Diagnostics plugin.

Paul

LittleKinder
8 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

At present that option requires you to install the Diagnostics plugin.

Paul

Yeah i was looking in the subtitle section, not below with the diagnostic stuff, thank you
solved it for now

goudron
6 hours ago, LittleKinder said:

je dois être aveugle je ne vois pas où tu as cette option de graver

C'est pas sur emby c'est sur Jellyfin un autre serveur media 

goudron

Simply updating my gpu drivers solved the issue for me 😅

Emby is on default settings and it works great now !

• Thanks 1

• Solution
goudron

Well, the issue came back in 1 or 2 days after updating my drivers.

It now occurs on youtube as well when i move my mouse around so that the ytb overlay appears.

Disabling hardware acceleration in ur browser options fixes the issue but from what i've seen on threads it seems to be a gpu driver related issue so I used DDU to cleanly remove my drivers to then reinstall them but the issue remains if i do not turn off hardware acceleration ..

Everything works perfectly fine from internet browsing to video games so I assume that my system works best without hardware acceleration on chrome 🤷‍♂️

If i get more issues i'll do a clean reset of my system but it doesnt seem to be necessary atm.

Hope this helped, cya !

• Thanks 1

Hi, that's interesting. Thanks for following up.