Subtitle problems

TheChief
Go to solution Solved by jaycedk,

TheChief

Good morning,

I'm relatively new to Emby. I am encountering the problem that I cannot find/download subtitles for a certain series via the Emby app on my Google TV or via the Emby app on my Android tablet/phone, but it works fine via the web version of Emby.

My setup:
-Qnap with Emby Server 4.8.3.0 installed in container station
-Emby premium account
-OpenSubtitles setup correctly in both the Open Subtitles settings and in the library settings from the series and movies.
-Open Subtitles VIP member
-Automatic download with Sonarr/Radarr/SabNzbd

As mentioned, the subtitles work well when I go to the web version of Emby (http://*****:8096/web/index.html#!/home), but the subtitles do not work via the apps.

What am I missing? 

TheChief

jaycedk

If you are using radarr/sonarr consider using Bazarr for your subtitle need.

Bazarr is an companion app, that ties into radarr and sonarr.

• Like 1

• Solution
jaycedk
Posted (edited)

Looking at your logs, I see this Unauthorized

2024-04-07 08:26:48.406 Error SubtitleManager: Error searching for subtitles on Open Subtitles
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.3.0
    Command line: /app/emby/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/emby/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/emby/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/emby/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.60-qnap (root@U16BuildServer174) (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc (toolchain config: [gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 glibc-2.21]) 4.9.2, GNU ld
    Framework: .NET 6.0.25
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: app/emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 2
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /app/emby/system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Login(OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.SearchInternal(SubtitleSearchRequest request, Boolean useFilename, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleComDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, OpenSubtitleOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Are you using .org or .com login ?

Edited by jaycedk
  • Like 1

TheChief

@jaycedk

That was the problem! Until a few weeks ago I used Kodi and, as mentioned, I am unfamiliar with Emby. I have now set it up correctly with the login from opensubtitles.com instead of .org and now it downloads the subs correctly!

Thank you very much! @jaycedk

• Thanks 1