Poster of the movie, suddenly a bunch of stitched screencaps?

casperr0426

casperr0426

I run Plex and Emby side by side. I posted below in Plex forums as both emby and Plex are having the same issues. 

"Do you have any idea into what might have happened? My server hasn't undergone any changes, and this issue with the posters being stitched screencaps from the movie has never happened before, but suddenly it's occurring."

See file attached. 

Now on Plex forums, I was advised to turn off, uncheck the following

Use local assets 

When scanning this library, use local posters and artwork if present.

and

Prefer local metadata 

When scanning this library, prefer embedded tags and local files if present.

I had the prefer local metadata turned off anyway but not the use local assets. When I unchecked it, it worked and when adding same movies, Plex shows the right poster not the stitched screen caps but emby still shows the stitched screen caps. I tried to go into the settings in emby but I cannot find something similar. Is there a way to do this in emby? I just dont understand why suddenly this started happening. Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 5.49.17 PM.png

Happy2Play

Never seen this before but what resides in the movie folder?

casperr0426

I looked and it looks like there is that picture file of stitched screencaps which emby then uses as poster. Is there a setting in emby to disable it from using that file or I am stuck with always deleting a picture file when the movie comes with it?

Happy2Play

Need specifics to what it is named but no there are no option to not use provided images.

Several image types support multiple file names. They are listed in the order that they're checked for.

Image Type	Supported file names
Primary		{name}.ext
		{name}-poster.ext
		{name}-cover.ext
		{name}-default.ext
		{name}-movie.ext
		folder.ext
		poster.ext
		cover.ext
		default.ext
		movie.ext

casperr0426

It is just a jpg file with the same exact filename as the movie in that same folder.

Happy2Play

So per order of precedence {name}.ext image will have the highest priority of being used as display image.

3 hours ago, casperr0426 said:

It is just a jpg file with the same exact filename as the movie in that same folder.

Hi, please try deleting that file, then running a library scan and see if that resolves your issue.

casperr0426

It did resolve it when I deleted the picture file. I will monitor if any of the new movies I will add will come with these picture files 

• Thanks 1