Emby Premier Costs etc.

ebr

daldana

+1 for the annual option.

• Like 1

justinrh
23 hours ago, pwhodges said:

You can watch TV by simply going to a channel - you may know what's on from other sources (newspaper, etc).

To make a recording you can right-click on a channel; select "Create Recording"; put in the required information.

Paul

Okay, I was thinking all of the channel info was dependent on "Emby Guide Data".  Without that, I guess Emby gets channel info from the tuner.  I'm sure I'm still missing something  🤣

badous

I use Lite tv everyday but since I am in a country not supported by emby guide data, I had to edit my channels and xml provider. Its not that difficult.

But yeah, if the cost of something I am not using is removed and it relieves the emby team why not.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/04/2024 at 22:19, IPley_2 said:

They are not simultaneous reproductions, they are devices that use some premier feature for at least 1 week.

That's not 45 at a time, it's 45 different devices in a week.
In a week 1000 situations can happen and it could be that you use it at work, that you go to another location, to a family member or friend's house, work...

75 devices are too few for non-commercial use.
You can sell me whatever you want but it is preferable to say that you can only have 100 users than to force people not to use devices.

We need a stable version (I don't remember the last one) 4.8.x.x has many bugs and the developers either don't respond, or they solve it when 10 more bugs have already been created.

Device management, we cannot see what number of devices are being used as premiere, we cannot manage them. Premier device count is meaningless, if you use dark mode in chrome your device is premiere ONE WEEK. A friend uses Chrome, mobile, tablet, TV (maybe more, at work, second tablet, another TV), if you have 10 friends or family, it is very very easy to reach the limit of 25, 45 or 75 devices. I myself use emby on my two phones, tablet, 2 TVs, 2 work computers, my computer at home, my laptop, on the server itself, my car screen and I'm sure I forget some more. Just me, I use 11 premiere devices, it doesn't make any sense. Why do the premiere devices count a week, wouldn't it be better to have a day, or simultaneously playing at that same moment? One week is too long, on top of that you have no option to choose a plan with more than 75 devices because they already treat you as illegal

I don't use emby's epg, I use my own xml.

You have to focus on stability and offer better options and answers to those of us who pay

Counting of devices needs to be fixed ASAP. I have counted all of my devices several times (you can find exact number of devices on user access device screen) and they are below 45 of my license, regardless emby shows over the limit message and blocks new devices.

Also, this "one week counting" is major flaw, it should be max 24 hours. Is browser counted as device ? On many posts there is info that browsers are not counted, some say they are, i also think they are.

Seems like emby devs on purpose don't want to fix this flaws.

pwhodges
18 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Also, this "one week counting" is major flaw, it should be max 24 hours. Is browser counted as device ? On many posts there is info that browsers are not counted, some say they are, i also think they are.

The one week thing enables you to go a few days without Internet access for verifying the premiere status - some people use that.

Browsers do not need to be enabled as clients, neither by paying nor by Premiere; but any device (even a browser) which uses a Premiere facility on the server gets counted.

Paul

37 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

The one week thing enables you to go a few days without Internet access for verifying the premiere status - some people use that.

Browsers do not need to be enabled as clients, neither by paying nor by Premiere; but any device (even a browser) which uses a Premiere facility on the server gets counted.

Paul

One week thing is too long, as server admin you don't have any means to clean devices or anything, that's the point.

Browsers count, you can see every browser used on users device access in emby UI. If browsers were not counted and i m not talking about browser who is using premiere features rather basic browser access browsing, i now would not be over the limit of 45 devices, because i don't have that many devices in total.

Emby premiere devices counting and management for emby admins who bought emby premiere is flawed, thats a fact.

• Thanks 1

2 questions for @ebr

1. Under any user in emby UI, under devices access, there are all known devices on emby server listed. This information is going to emby servers for counting.
    How is logicality possible that that list shows TOTAL of 36 devices, and emby server is saying that limit of 45 devices has been reached ?
    I repeat again, that list shows ALL devices on emby server.

2. If 1 user uses 3 different browsers on SAME MACHINE DEVICE (firefox, safari, IE), and plays 3 movies in a week, all transcoded so it is premiere feature.
     How many devices in this case is counted ? 3 or 1. I repeat again, 3 difffrent browsers on same user under devices shows 3 devices for same user but 3
     browsers are listed separately, so they are counted as 3.

So many things are broken here....so many....

7 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

2 questions for @ebr

1. Under any user in emby UI, under devices access, there are all known devices on emby server listed. This information is going to emby servers for counting.
    How is logicality possible that that list shows TOTAL of 36 devices, and emby server is saying that limit of 45 devices has been reached ?
    I repeat again, that list shows ALL devices on emby server.

2. If 1 user uses 3 different browsers on SAME MACHINE DEVICE (firefox, safari, IE), and plays 3 movies in a week, all transcoded so it is premiere feature.
     How many devices in this case is counted ? 3 or 1. I repeat again, 3 difffrent browsers on same user under devices shows 3 devices for same user but 3
     browsers are listed separately, so they are counted as 3.

So many things are broken here....so many....

and if you update the browser to another version it will also count as a new device 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BlackDub said:

and if you update the browser to another version it will also count as a new device 🤷‍♂️

And 7 days you can sign to the moon until that "device" is still counted

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

Under any user in emby UI, under devices access, there are all known devices on emby server listed. This information is going to emby servers for counting.

This is not correct.  The devices you see in your server are not Premiere devices.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

This is not correct.  The devices you see in your server are not Premiere devices.

I think I’m right in saying that there is no way to see the premiere device count, which is only held on your inhouse server.

Is there any way to make this info available to Emby admins?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ebr said:

So not all are premiere, yes we knew that and no one said they all are, i just pointed that that is the ONLY location that is a starting point to see all devices used and starting point to see how much deices are used on emby server, but all of this you already knew.

Answer the 2 questions that i posted. If everything is clear as you point it through the posts than answering those 2 questions should be easy.

Edited by kikinjo

5 hours ago, kikinjo said:

Those devices are completely separate from the Premiere count.  Two possibilities - devices can be removed from that list and your key may be on more than one server.

5 hours ago, kikinjo said:

If 1 user uses 3 different browsers on SAME MACHINE DEVICE (firefox, safari, IE), and plays 3 movies in a week, all transcoded so it is premiere feature.
     How many devices in this case is counted ? 3 or 1.

0.  Browsers don't count in the Premiere count.  This is indicated in the Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

Can I just ask, is transcoding counted as a device premier feature? I am confused as I have a few clients that need it, so am paying for premier (as want to support you guys + unlock live TV etc). But if the end user is not using live TV and is using an app that does not need unlocking (I think most do to be honest - but let's says they paid for it) then would they count towards my device count if the only thing they are doing is transcoding? 

11 minutes ago, ebr said:

Those devices are completely separate from the Premiere count.  Two possibilities - devices can be removed from that list and your key may be on more than one server.

In this example i talked about one server, not multiple. Secondly, your explanation does not make any sense at all. Devices are separate from premiere, yes we know that don't repeat it

constantly, those devices are exactly the devices that are tied to mine premiere, not your shield, or lukes amazon stick, these devices are used on emby server and SOME of them use premiere, ok ? Can we finally give it a rest now with nonsense explanations. Asking third time,  How is logicality possible that that list shows TOTAL of 36 devices on whole emby server and emby server is saying that limit of 45 devices has been reached using only 1 server.

Edited by kikinjo
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

In this example i talked about one server, not multiple. Secondly, your explanation does not make any sense at all. Devices are separate from premiere, yes we know that don't repeat it

constantly, those devices are exactly the devices that are tied to mine premiere, not your shield, or lukes amazon stick, these devices are used on emmy server and SOME of them

use premiere, ok ? Can we finally give it a rest now with nonsense explanations. Asking third time,  How is logicality possible that that list shows TOTAL of 36 devices on whole emby server and emby server is saying that limit of 45 devices has been reached using only 1 server.

You will never know, they don't want you to know what devices premiere uses, ask yourself why

• Agree 1

pwhodges
19 minutes ago, pbathuk said:

Can I just ask, is transcoding counted as a device premier feature? 

Software transcoding is not a Premiere feature - hardware transcoding is.

Paul

1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

Software transcoding is not a Premiere feature - hardware transcoding is.

Paul

Understood, but does that mean if a user (a device) uses hardware transcoding, their device counts towards my limit? Or is the payment for unlocking the feature enough or if I had enough devices HW transcoding through a 7 day period (say 26) would I need to upgrade my license? This is where things become a gray area to me.

52 minutes ago, pbathuk said:

Understood, but does that mean if a user (a device) uses hardware transcoding, their device counts towards my limit? Or is the payment for unlocking the feature enough or if I had enough devices HW transcoding through a 7 day period (say 26) would I need to upgrade my license? This is where things become a gray area to me.

The app is not aware of how the item is transcoding so, no, that does not factor into the limit count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

How is logicality possible that that list shows TOTAL of 36 devices on whole emby server and emby server is saying that limit of 45 devices has been reached using only 1 server.

I answered previously with two possible explanations.

3 minutes ago, ebr said:

You don't have to because we explain why.

Is there a limit to Emby Premiere?

"The main reason we do not provide a way to do this at this time is security and privacy."

Meaningless.
You can see if a device is playing live TV, if it is doing HW transcode, if it is downloading files, etc. premiere functions at that very moment. What sense does it make to excuse that it is for privacy/security when a count could be made if you are aware of the use of each one 24 hours a day? Find a better excuse

• Like 1
  • Agree 3