Metadata and images not fetched for new series

Ceten

Ceten

Hi

I noticed newly added series no longer fetch metadata and images from TheTVDB.
The first series which didn't retrieve info was Avatar: The Last Airbender (2024) so I thought it was because Emby couldn't find the correct Avatar series but even after identifying the series and forcing a metadata refresh only the series description is filled in, no images are retrieved and the episodes are not recognised.
Today I tried with another series: 'Death and Other Details' but the result is the same:
image.thumb.png.bfaf7b2a63dbd25b36ce300ef4419050.png

Attached are the server logs for yesterday (with the identify) and today.
I do notice a lot of Unauthorized errors in the logs.
Is there an issue with TheTVDB right now?
I'm still using Emby 4.7.14.0 as I'm waiting on an update to make the Android TV app compatible with Emby 4.8.

embyserver-5.txt embyserver-63846403200.txt

Happy2Play

@LukeDon't think I've seen this before.

2024-03-19 10:00:43.111 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Fri Jan 12 17:02:59 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.EntryPoint.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbBaseProvider`2.FindItemByRemoteId(String searchType, String remoteId, String language, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbBaseProvider`2.FindItem(TLookupInfoType searchInfo, String searchType, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Ceten
10 hours ago, Luke said:

No that's a new one. @Cetenare you behind a vpn?

No, I'm not using a vpn.

Hi, are you still having an issue with this?

Ceten

@Luke, I just tried refreshing the metadata for 2 episodes of The Witcher and got the same unauthorized error:

2024-03-26 03:39:58.265 Info HttpClient: GET https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/series/362696/episodes/official?page=0
2024-03-26 03:39:58.431 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.14.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology72_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.302+ (root@build7) (gcc version 12.2.0 (GCC) ) #69057 SMP Fri Jan 12 17:02:59 CST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Unauthorized
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Tvdb.EntryPoint.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodes(String url, Int32 page, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodesWithAllPages(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchMainResult(String seriesId, String seasonType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.EnsureEpisodesInfo(String id, String seasonType, TimeSpan cacheTime, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetEpisodeData(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, Boolean fillExtendedInfo, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Then I tried restarting Emby and after that the metadata can be retrieved again.
Maybe the access token for TheTVDB expired and Emby failed in getting a new one without restarting?

Ceten

The Synology NAS it runs on had been online without a reboot for 48 days (since February 7) before I restarted Emby so if Emby doesn't restart automatically that should be about the same time.
There's no mentions of Emby starting in the Synology logs after February 7.

OK let's see if the tvdb plugin update that just went out resolves it. Thanks.