First scan is stuck after fresh install

NoCore9

NoCore9

Hello, I've installed Emby on my machine, my library is a bit huge (80 To), scan for Movies and Series was pretty fast but Anime scan is very very long and looks stuck to 87.4% (now 2 days just for it), I don't know why.

Library is mounted on ubuntu server using sshfs with Tailscale tunnel and using the Emby 4.9.0.8 betaimage.thumb.png.8ae50f84390b0bb7cd5713ef8e381ae9.png

image.png

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63846109564.txt

Happy2Play

It isn't stuck you just have Detect Episode Intros happening also so it makes the overall process even longer.

Happy2Play

What is your library option for this?

But from a new install this should be run as its own task after you have completed an initial scan and once all marks are made you can change the option to both/when added.

NoCore9
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What is your library option for this?

But from a new install this should be run as its own task after you have completed an initial scan and once all marks are made you can change the option to both/when added.

Here you have the options for this library, I've also stopped the detect intro for the moment, will update it later.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by NoCore9

Happy2Play

I can only guess the intro scan kicked off at some point of the library scan.  As it would have had to happen in previous log.

So you may want to disable the Markers option per library or stop the task while initial scan is going.  Note the Detect Intros is scheduled for every 24 hours.

HI, yes intro detection can take a long time. I think it's just a matter of waiting for it to finish. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

NoCore9
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, yes intro detection can take a long time. I think it's just a matter of waiting for it to finish. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi, scan didn't mooved at all and still on the same percentage while kicking intro detection, I can see on logs that Emby is doing something on the same Anime for like 1 day.

NoCore9

Ok I can see that it's not only Animes, it's the scan that is taking too long, next scan is very very very long, 2 days to gain 1% on the scan that's a problem, partial scan when changes occurs is not working too, need to full scan.

Happy2Play

If initial scan has not completed you need to disable Markers.  As the process is going to slow the entire process down.

Only all this task to run after all your media has been imported the it will takes potentially days for the task to do all your media or limit it to so many hours every night.

But your server log looks normal for the settings enabled.

NoCore9
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If initial scan has not completed you need to disable Markers.  As the process is going to slow the entire process down.

Only all this task to run after all your media has been imported the it will takes potentially days for the task to do all your media or limit it to so many hours every night.

But your server log looks normal for the settings enabled.

Initial scan has been done (by doing some metadata detect manually to speed up the process), makers as been enabled like 1 day after scan stuck because he's starting each 24 hours so that's not the problem.

The problem is that each new scan (daily scan) is long and taking days to finish and that's a big problem because all other tasks (partial scan especially) are not working.

Edited by NoCore9

Happy2Play

But in the end ongoing process will affect all future process no matter what they are.  Dev will have to comment further.

If you stopped the marker process normal scans are fast correct?

NoCore9
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But in the end ongoing process will affect all future process no matter what they are.  Dev will have to comment further.

If you stopped the marker process normal scans are fast correct?

No, same speed.

57 minutes ago, NoCore9 said:

No, same speed.

What exactly did you do?

NoCore9
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do?

restarted the server and let the scan run but it's long, but on first scan i've searched the items manually like searching them

Have you been able to complete a scan?

NoCore9
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you been able to complete a scan?

No 🤡

On 3/29/2024 at 10:45 PM, NoCore9 said:

Made the last update 4.9.0.12, still slow / stuck

Hi, can you please provide a new log example? thanks.

NoCore9
On 4/4/2024 at 7:45 AM, Luke said:

Please try removing these plugins:

AniList 1.0.5.0
	Anime 1.5.6.0
	InfuseSync 1.4.2.0
	Top Picks 1.0.0.60

Then restart the server and see how things compare.

Server finally finished the initial scan after 1 month, I suspect that the plugins are making the search a lot longer but I can't disable them now as it will be useless

13 hours ago, NoCore9 said:

Server finally finished the initial scan after 1 month, I suspect that the plugins are making the search a lot longer but I can't disable them now as it will be useless

I would at least remove Top Picks if you can.