Media give "Too many errors. Giving up" using bluetooth earphones

joselveas
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

joselveas

When using bluetooth earphones (galaxy buds live) on emby for android tv (ver 2.1.10g on chromecast 4) any media (only videos) give the error "Too many errors. Giving up".

For context, i have normally 3 audio output: HDMI, bluetooth speaker and bluetooth earphones. Only the earphones give the error.

I try disabling the transcoding on the server, disabling the option "burn subtitles" on the app for andorid and the audio output (in the app) i try the 3 options (automatic, dolby and stereo) but nothing work.

The "solution" i found is disconnect the earphones, play the media with the speakers or the hdmi output an then, when the media is playing, connect the earphones and it work. (obviously not the best solution)

*Sorry for the bad english, but spanish is my native language.

**Logs of emby when the error occurs are attached.

***desktop version is 4.8.3.0 and app version is 2.1.10g used in chromecast 4 (not 4k version) with android TV

last logs emby.txt

Edited by joselveas

15 hours ago, joselveas said:

I try disabling the transcoding on the server,

Hi.  If you've disabled any of the transcoding options and the app needs to transcode, then you may get this error.

joselveas
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

Sideloading the standard android app apparently fixed the problem. thx.

2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you've disabled any of the transcoding options and the app needs to transcode, then you may get this error.

I try disabling and enabling but with both configuration the error continued.

*I install on the Chromecast the amr7 standard android app and that fix the problem (like @Lukesaid), but in the android tv app the error is still there.

Sideloading the standard android app apparently fixed the problem. thx.

Hi, that's great, thanks .Are you happy continuing to use this?

joselveas
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, that's great, thanks .Are you happy continuing to use this?

Well, to tell you the truth, i prefer the androidTv app for the GUI (although it is not very different, it is better optimized for use with the Chromecast control) and also to take advantage of the fact that I have premier hahaha.

For now I will use the standard android app, but i hope in the future the problem is solved (maybe i buy another earphones and those will work without problems, or maybe in a future ver. of the android tv app the error will no longer occur). thx.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:36 PM, joselveas said:

Well, to tell you the truth, i prefer the androidTv app for the GUI (although it is not very different, it is better optimized for use with the Chromecast control) and also to take advantage of the fact that I have premier hahaha.

For now I will use the standard android app, but i hope in the future the problem is solved (maybe i buy another earphones and those will work without problems, or maybe in a future ver. of the android tv app the error will no longer occur). thx.

Hi there, why do you feel it is better optimized for use with the Chromecast control?

BenjP

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Bluetooth headset but it was working fine before the last update on March 12.
Sorry, but slideload the Android version is not a solution. 

Is there a way to downgrade emby for Android TV?

Edited by BenjP

joselveas
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, why do you feel it is better optimized for use with the Chromecast control?

i fell there are some gestures in the android tv app that are more natural (using the chromecast remote) that in the standard android app.

Like when I'm watching a chapter of a series and I press down on the control, all the options (like cc, go to the next chapter, pause, etc.) can be seen on the screen. When I press up I can see the chapter divisions and the forward and back buttons simply move the chapter forward or back. But in the standar app, i have to push up to see the options (no problem there), but i cant see any media button (pause, go forward or back, next chapter, etc) and the GUI feels a bit slow.

I understand that the above may sound a little silly, but I feel that the movements and the UI are more natural in the android tv app when using a remote.

Another thing and this too maybe could sound silly (It's just an opinion from a user perspective), but if i want to make changes in the server, i will use the domain where apache is proxyng emby or connect directly to the host server, or the tablet that i use with the standar android app. Personally, i dont need all the server options in my tv and having them there feels strange and a little confusing (using the standard app on adnroid tv).

*I am also a software engineer and I understand that many times being able to focus on both maintainability and adding new functions to satisfy the user is a hellish task.

• 2 weeks later...

@joselveas

Like when I'm watching a chapter of a series and I press down on the control, all the options (like cc, go to the next chapter, pause, etc.) can be seen on the screen. When I press up I can see the chapter divisions and the forward and back buttons simply move the chapter forward or back. But in the standar app, i have to push up to see the options (no problem there), but i cant see any media button (pause, go forward or back, next chapter, etc) and the GUI feels a bit slow.

Don't you have these media buttons on your remote? If not, then you can always enable them in the app playback settings. Then they'll show on screen as you're accustomed to. 

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. Thanks.