I want to pay you to get HDR playback fixed in Emby on the Apple TV 4K

stephen_hill

stephen_hill

Dear Developers

I have now decided that I willing to pay to get this bug/feature prioritized. Because my alternative is to pay for Infuse, and I'd rather give you the money.

How can I take this forward?

Is there anyone else who would be willing to donate to get this issue prioritized and fixed?

Many Thanks
Stephen

• Like 3

Hi.  While we appreciate your gesture, we don't feel this type of thing is the right method for choosing feature implementation.  Plus, most of the time, it isn't simply an equation of more money = certain features.  This one is definitely on our radar but it also much more complicated that it may seem.

stephen_hill

@ebrAs a software developer myself, I appreciate what your saying, but it appears that this issue has been around for atleast 2-3 years.

Nevertheless, I'm curious if other users are willing to support this development financially. I'm also wonder how many hundreds or even thousands of dollars are being spent on Infuse Pro because HDR doesn't work natively.

Dear Emby/Apple TV 4K users, write a comment below if you would be willing to pay for this feature.

Cheers
Stephen

• Like 1

Hi, yes we are working on improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

Cipri1984

The developers have been saying for years that they're going to solve this issue and we'll finally have HDR/DV on Emby on the Apple TV. But honestly I've given up hope, I think it's something that's never going to happen.

• Like 1

stephen_hill

Well since this post hasn't gained any traction, I'm just going to give in and subscribe to Infuse Pro.