Pin Not Working

Mulderkekou
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Mulderkekou

Salut!

me concernant, le code PIN ne fonctionne pas sur mon compte utilisateur avec l'application Android TV. Je dois systématiquement entrer le mot de passe.
Emby est en version 4.8.3.0 sur Synology. Ce qui est étrange c'est qu'avec mon serveur de "test" sur mon Mac (V4.9.0.7 beta) le code PIN est bien reconnu par Android TV...

Ai-je oublié d'activer quelque chose à votre avis ?

Edited by Mulderkekou

Mulderkekou
Posted (edited)

Yes, the PIN code works with the web application but does not work with my Android TV and iOS... And this with all users.

It's strange because with my test server it works.

Would it be possible for Emby to think I'm outside? Yet all my devices are on the same network...

My server is on my Synology Nas with an ip address 192.168.1.125, my test server on my Mac with an ip address 192.168.1.120

Edited by Mulderkekou

Mulderkekou

PIN code don’t work. Full password work.

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

Hi.  What version of the server?  With 4.8.x, the PIN is NOT a replacement for your normal password.

Passwords

Mulderkekou
Posted (edited)

Hello,

In my first message I indicated the versions of the 2 Emby servers I use. Stop me if I'm wrong, but the password is required on the first connection for each device. After we can use the Profile PIN code. This is what I do with the WEB application, and this is what I do with my test server (Emby 4.9.0.7).

The problem is that with the server I use which is in 4.8.3.0, Emby on AppleTV, AndroidTv or iOS does not want the PIN code, it always asks me for the password, for each user even after entering the password for the first time. I use strong passwords for security, therefore complicated.

To be clear, if I want to switch from the "EBR" profile to the "Luke" profile I must each time enter a password of the type "abced-azerty-28bali" instead of entering the Profile PIN code 1234 that is refused.

Edited by Mulderkekou

17 minutes ago, Mulderkekou said:

To be clear, if I want to switch from the "EBR" profile to the "Luke" profile I must each time enter a password of the type "abced-azerty-28bali" instead of entering the Profile PIN code 1234 that is refused.

What version of the Android TV app?

Mulderkekou
Posted (edited)

AndroidTv 2.0.98g

I don't think the problem is device application because I have 2 Emby server:

Emby 1 : 4.8.3.0 on an Synology NAS 1523+ 
Emby 2: 4.9.0.7 on my Mac mini for tests

Profile PIN work with Emby 2 on all devices (iPhone, AndroidTV, AppleTV) and the web app (Emby server)
Profile PIN doesn't work with Emby 1 on all devices but work on the web app (Emby server)

It's strange....

Edited by Mulderkekou

Mulderkekou

Ok, I think I understood...

In any case for iOS, I didn't check the "remember me" box so it asked me for the password every time...
I'm going to watch for AndroidTV it must be something similar...

• Solution
3 minutes ago, Mulderkekou said:

I'm going to watch for AndroidTV it must be something similar...

You will need to install the beta or wait for Google to approve the release that is currently in review.

Mulderkekou

Ok, I understood...

Excuse me for not necessarily using the right words.
In summary, my problem is with the Profile PIN. Because I have children, I need Profile PIN.
I thought that with Emby 4.9 (my test Emby) it worked on andoidTv but in fact I had put the same PIN Profile as the password so necessarily it worked ☺️

So in fact, the PIN Profile does not work with the current AndroidTV version but will work with the future version (currently in beta)? I understood correctly ?
Same for Apple TV?

Thank you for your answers 😉 

HI ,yes we are working on getting the beta version released to the store. Thanks.

Mulderkekou

Nice. Thank you for your help 👍

• Thanks 1

Angelus69

Hello,

I have the same issue. This bug already appeared in a previous version but was fixed in the version Just before the 4.8.3.0.

I cant understand why this bug / issue reappeared again with this 4.8.3.0 "stable version". I was afraid to do the update...

15 minutes ago, Angelus69 said:

Hello,

I have the same issue. This bug already appeared in a previous version but was fixed in the version Just before the 4.8.3.0.

I cant understand why this bug / issue reappeared again with this 4.8.3.0 "stable version". I was afraid to do the update...

Hi.  Exactly what problem are you having?

slicedmass

Is firetv app broken for pin Entry? I updated and if I set to require password and to use the pin dial. My pin won't work. The best I can get it not requiring a password but then anyone can access anyone's account on a firetv that they logged in to. I used to be able to have one account open to all and the others require a pin. Can you confirm this is now broken in firetv? Gonna have to revert back to the older version of this is the case

Edited by slicedmass

2 hours ago, slicedmass said:

Is firetv app broken for pin Entry? I updated and if I set to require password and to use the pin dial. My pin won't work. The best I can get it not requiring a password but then anyone can access anyone's account on a firetv that they logged in to. I used to be able to have one account open to all and the others require a pin. Can you confirm this is now broken in firetv? Gonna have to revert back to the older version of this is the case

Hi, what version of Emby do you have on the Fire TV?

9 hours ago, slicedmass said:

2.0.98a

Hi.  That version does not support the new Profile PIN.  You can install "Emby Mobile" from the Amazon store on your Fire now though and it will.

slicedmass
On 3/13/2024 at 7:26 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  That version does not support the new Profile PIN.  You can install "Emby Mobile" from the Amazon store on your Fire now though and it will.

Any idea when the fixed version will be released officially on the store? At this point I rolled back the update on my server and will wait for the apps to be updated officially.

1 hour ago, slicedmass said:

Any idea when the fixed version will be released officially on the store? At this point I rolled back the update on my server and will wait for the apps to be updated officially.

Hi. It was released yesterday on Google.

slicedmass

What does that mean for the built in Appstore on firetv stick devices? It's available on there too? 

18 hours ago, slicedmass said:

What does that mean for the built in Appstore on firetv stick devices? It's available on there too? 

You can install the standard app from the Amazon store now.

slicedmass
12 hours ago, ebr said:

You can install the standard app from the Amazon store now.

I purchased the firetv app using the one time purchase. When I load the other app on my firetv it seems like my only option is emby premiere. Is there no one time in app purchase to activate it? Is there plans to update the specific firetv app to work with the new server version? Any ETA?