AppleTV: User Switching upon App Opening

ellisd4

ellisd4

Did a quick search and did not find a specific feature request to this functionality, so if one exists, I'd like to apologize in advance.  On AppleTV, I would like to request the ability to select user upon app opening.  This would be the same as going to the "switch user" menu or force closing the app and re-opening it.  This functionality would behave like other streaming platforms, like Netflix, Disney, etc, that allow profile selection.  I believe this doesn't function the correct way now due to the background refreshing of the app.  This is particularly important in cases of shared devices that have other users, such as child accounts, logged in.  

Edited by ellisd4

HI, yes the new login features such as the profile pin will be coming. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
dsmitty166
On 3/6/2024 at 6:53 PM, Luke said:

HI, yes the new login features such as the profile pin will be coming. Thanks.

I see the profile pin is available in beta, But the issue still is, if you want to switch users you have to enter the full username and password every time. 
Is this going to change to save the logins, allow you to choose one, and then enter password?

As it stands today, with the new pin stuff, switching users is not something that’s even useful if you have to type the password each time. 

• Agree 1

On 3/16/2024 at 10:45 AM, dsmitty166 said:

I see the profile pin is available in beta, But the issue still is, if you want to switch users you have to enter the full username and password every time. 
Is this going to change to save the logins, allow you to choose one, and then enter password?

As it stands today, with the new pin stuff, switching users is not something that’s even useful if you have to type the password each time. 

HI, what makes you think you need to enter the full username and password to switch users? 

dsmitty166
15 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what makes you think you need to enter the full username and password to switch users? 

Because every time I click switch user, it asks for a username and password? Even if I have remember me selected. 

In testing, I’ve also tested primary direct connect to the server, not emby connect. However, behavior is the same for both. Regardless of pin being enabled, switching users always asks me to enter in full credentials. 

On 3/18/2024 at 7:35 AM, dsmitty166 said:

Because every time I click switch user, it asks for a username and password? Even if I have remember me selected. 

In testing, I’ve also tested primary direct connect to the server, not emby connect. However, behavior is the same for both. Regardless of pin being enabled, switching users always asks me to enter in full credentials. 

Can you try it again? Thanks.

dsmitty166
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try it again? Thanks.

Not sure if you changed anything, but I’m on build 1.8.4, and everytime I select change user, it goes directly to enter a username. There is no option to select a user. 

I am not currently logged in via emby connect on either account. 

Edited by dsmitty166

dsmitty166

Note I’ll also add that when testing, I am not on the same local subnet as my server. 

dsmitty166

Ah, turns out this box is checked by default, thus not allowing any usernames to show. 

It does work now. 

IMG_4559.jpeg

• Thanks 1

dsmitty166

Back to the original question by the OP though as well, right now, unless the app is forced closed, it will never ask for a pin again. 

@Lukeis there plans to require selecting a user or a pin after a period of time? Or once the app leaves the foreground?

58 minutes ago, dsmitty166 said:

Back to the original question by the OP though as well, right now, unless the app is forced closed, it will never ask for a pin again. 

@Lukeis there plans to require selecting a user or a pin after a period of time? Or once the app leaves the foreground?

Hi, yes that is the next improvement that needs to be made. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Mulderkekou

Hello,

Version 1.8.5 (1) is here. The PIN code works. On the other hand, when you leave the application and come back no code request. So in the state, not usable with children.

Can't wait for the next update 😉

Thank you for the work. 

• Agree 1

On 3/30/2024 at 8:28 AM, Mulderkekou said:

Hello,

Version 1.8.5 (1) is here. The PIN code works. On the other hand, when you leave the application and come back no code request. So in the state, not usable with children.

Can't wait for the next update 😉

Thank you for the work. 

HI, yes this is the next improvement to be made. Thanks for the feedback.