webhooks when reaching credits and/or supposed end

MagicDoubleM

MagicDoubleM

How about having firing a webhook when playback reaches the credits, to be able to play with the lights?

Hi, can't you do that now by writing some code with your webhook receiver to compare the current position against the runtime?

rbjtech

Use chapters hidden markers - CreditStart ?   (IntroStart/IntroEnd will also be there).... ?

rbjtech
5 minutes ago, Mibok said:

This feature request might be related and i'm taking the opportunity to boost this a little. I hope it could be done someday.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/109042-end-credits-flag-home-automation/

@Luke FYI

@Mibok

So I believe you just need to request to have a 'Notification/Webhook' available for the 'secret' chapter markers - ie

• StartIntro
  • EndIntro
  • StartCredit

I guess these should be in the 'Playback' section below.

Emby will then fire a webhook, when the 'StartCredit' chapter marker is hit - thus turning on the lights, etc.

This could 'maybe' get extended if the normal chapter name contained the word 'credit' also but that's getting into messy detection - re languages etc - probably better to stick with a set/fixed 'StartCredit' marker imo.

Use the ChapterAPI plugin to create them (in Movies & TV) - or if you still have the old Introskip Plugin, that will detect them for you (in TV Shows).

image.png.b972dafaaf4f18b42307e411ab042482.png

• Like 1

MagicDoubleM
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

@Luke FYI

@Mibok

So I believe you just need to request to have a 'Notification/Webhook' available for the 'secret' chapter markers - ie

• StartIntro
  • EndIntro
  • StartCredit

I guess these should be in the 'Playback' section below.

Emby will then fire a webhook, when the 'StartCredit' chapter marker is hit - thus turning on the lights, etc.

This could 'maybe' get extended if the normal chapter name contained the word 'credit' also but that's getting into messy detection - re languages etc - probably better to stick with a set/fixed 'StartCredit' marker imo.

Use the ChapterAPI plugin to create them (in Movies & TV) - or if you still have the old Introskip Plugin, that will detect them for you (in TV Shows).

image.png.b972dafaaf4f18b42307e411ab042482.png

Bingo, that was exactly what I was having in mind.😅

MagicDoubleM
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can't you do that now by writing some code with your webhook receiver to compare the current position against the runtime?

I guess it would be possible, but I don't have that kind of control over the receiver (it's IFTTT) and a calculated time-stamp wouldn't be as accurate as these hidden chapter-marks.

• Thanks 1