End Credits flag & Home Automation

Mibok

Mibok

I have some automations in home assistant and one of them is one turns the lights off when we are watching a movie, turns on some dimm lights when pause and turns on all lights at stop.

So this is the request: A way to recognize the end credits on the movies and to report what chapter is playing to homeassistant. That way an automation can be triggered when the end credits scene is playing, like turn on dimm lights. I'm aware that it appears to be 2 request in one, but really only chapter reporting is the one needed, end credit detection could be a nice to have thing.

To do the first is needed to recognize the end credits for the movies, for this the new intro detect feature could be used (i already voted up the FR for end credits detection). But as i said before this feature is not that needed since most of the movies well ripped already have a chapter marker for the credits scene although most of the time they don't have the title "EndCredits" only the time marker for the chapter, but that's easy to fix editing the chapters.

However the real feature request here is for emby to report what chapter is playing that could be via a new WebHook event or to make emby to report what chapter is currently playing as an attribute on Home Assistant. Currently there is so much attributes passed on to HomeAssisant so i hope that adding current chapter is not that difficult to add. (i added a little mockup to illustrate what i'm referring to) 

Hass.Chapter.Mockup.png

Edited by Mibok
blur Token
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer

@Mibok

Standby… things are in the pipeline for end credits. It’s already a feature in a plugin and core team are bringing this to Emby.

Vantage Point plugin will be adding home automation command points to do things at various points during trivia and ads(commercials), trailers, movie build up and also as soon as movie starts.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Mibok

Just a little bump. I know that this FR hasn't had a great traction but still want to know if this is on the radar for the future 😃.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1