i cant manage to get the intro skip feature working

mark asaad

mark asaad

i can't manage to get the intro skip feature working 

i did as the fouram said that i went to my tv-show library and added a marker as a scheduled task and went to scheduled tasks and scanned for intros then went to playback and made it ask to skip intro but still nothing is working 

made it ask to skip intro but still nothing is working 

Hi, what do you mean by this exactly?

Ok, there it is in your screenshot. Did you try clicking it? Please try to describe your issue in as much detail as possible, e.g. more than a few words. Thanks.

mark asaad

no this is a screenshot from the internet, i want to see the button, but it doesn't show or skip automatically 

4 minutes ago, mark asaad said:

no this is a screenshot from the internet, i want to see the button, but it doesn't show or skip automatically 

OK, what video did you expect to see it on? Please provide some discussion of an example. Thanks.

Happy2Play

Since that is not your image we can only guess the items do not have intro markers yet.

You may find the Chapters API plugin useful also to verify the item even has markers.

image.png.13bf8157968e9100928823986a660e9b.png

You also need to have at least two episodes per season because the detection happens by comparing episode files against each other.

mark asaad
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

need to have at least two episodes per season

that is the case , i have no season with less than 2 episodes

mark asaad
26 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Chapters API plugin useful

i added this plug in but its a bit confusing how do i use it to add markers to my shows 

thank u for ur help

mark asaad
30 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

verify the item even has markers

i can see that the plug-in detected the into time but i still cant get it to skipimage.thumb.png.99e9038bb4646456c3bc6b442c274308.png

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, mark asaad said:

i added this plug in but its a bit confusing how do i use it to add markers to my shows 

thank u for ur help

Sorry all I can do is point you to the plugin topic.  But was just pointing you there to verify if the item you are trying to play even has markers.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, mark asaad said:

i can see that the plug-in detected the into time but i still cant get it to skipimage.thumb.png.99e9038bb4646456c3bc6b442c274308.png

So are you saying at about 2:36 on this media the button does not appear?  But something doesn't quite look right with your chapter but may be from the plugin as mine are from Emby.

image.thumb.png.686b7dc5dae6b6039527dc0ed899e932.png

mark asaad
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

as mine are from Emby

so is mine , do u have emby premiere?

rbjtech

To note for future use - the Emby Plugin 'markers' and core 'markers' are exactly the same - this is how the Plugin uses the core 'skipping' functionality while not using the core 'detection' functionality.