Username and password incorrect

Blackoune
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Blackoune

My server is not visible on my local network because I have setup a proxy.

I can connect to my server with emby connect on other platform like iphone or Infuse (or with the adress of the server).

that's why I think it's not my profile on the server.

btw the AppleTV app is the only one who I can't connect to Emby.

SamES
5 hours ago, Blackoune said:

My server is not visible on my local network because I have setup a proxy.

I can connect to my server with emby connect on other platform like iphone or Infuse (or with the adress of the server).

that's why I think it's not my profile on the server.

btw the AppleTV app is the only one who I can't connect to Emby.

Server discovery operates differently to the main client/server communication.  It uses UDP broadcasts on the local network and looks for a response from the server.

I suspect what is happening is that the serverdiscovery broadcast is reaching the server, and receiving a response so it is automatically connecting to this server and wants your server username and password.  However, as you have blocked 'most' server communication with the proxy, the attempt to login to the server fails.

So I go back to my earlier statement, I don't think your proxy is setup correctly as it appears to be passing the server discovery UDP broadcasts, but not the traffic between server/client on other ports (or any TCP?) which then causes the login failures

• Agree 1

So the proxy is blocking the login attempt from even reaching the server?

SamES
40 minutes ago, Luke said:

So the proxy is blocking the login attempt from even reaching the server?

That's what I suspect, but it's not blocking discovery, so once it detects a single server it is skipping the welcome screen and Emby Connect sign-in and going straight to server sign-in which fails

Blackoune

Which is weird is that I can connect to every devices and like I saied before, I can connect to Infuse with Emby Connect or with adress (on the AppleTV).

Why is Emby app is the only one who have problem with the proxy in that case ?

Edited by Blackoune

42 minutes ago, Blackoune said:

Which is weird is that I can connect to every devices and like I saied before, I can connect to Infuse with Emby Connect or with adress (on the AppleTV).

Why is Emby app is the only one who have problem with the proxy in that case ?

Emby Connect and direct server login are two different login methods. It sounds like your proxy is blocking direct server login, which is what you're trying to use in the Emby Apple TV app.

The Emby Apple TV app does support Emby Connect login. You need to click Sign in with Emby Connect. So again, two login methods, and so you do kind of need to know which one you're using so that you can enter the right credentials for it.

Having said all of that, if your proxy is in fact blocking direct server login, then it sounds like you are making things more difficult for yourself by doing that. Just my opinion. For example, what would you do if we didn't even have Emby Connect?

• Agree 1

Blackoune

In fact, before my problem I didn't know that Emby connect exist so I was connecting with the adress of the server (https://emby.#####) and I had no problem with that.

Now, if Emby on AppleTV work with the direct server login, I never used it before because the TV app or the Chromecast works fine with the adress connection.

I had no problems with any other Emby applications : TV LG, Chromecast, iPhone, web browser, Infuse, MacOS or the Windows app.

Now if it can help, I have my own server with VMware esxi. I made a VM with Debian where I setup a docker container with emby on. I have another container with swag for the proxy. Swag listen the ip local of the container with Emby and transmit it to the DNS (https://emby.#####).

I have an idea, I will try it this evening.

Blackoune

Ok I think you are right, I use my hotspot on my iphone and reinstall the app and I can see the welcome page.

I connect to my server with Emby Connect with no problems.

After this I reconnect to my box and it stay like this

So I think the problem come with my proxy configuration like you saied, the Emby app try to connect to the server but due to the docker local configuration, it was unreachable.

Thanks for your help !

Edited by Blackoune
  • Thanks 2