Username and password incorrect

Blackoune
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Blackoune

Hi,

I just setup my emby server and take an Emby premiere for use it on my iphone and AppleTV. I can login in the web interface and my iphone but i had a problem when i'm connecting to AppleTV. Once i downloaded and start the Emby app on the AppleTV, he instantly request me for a username and a password without an entry for the server. I tried to login with my emby account and my server profile but he constantly saying "Username and password incorrect" and I can't enter into the app. I link my emby account (this account) to my profile on my server and it does nothing. I tried to use Infuse but when I use my emby account he saied me that he can't find my server... I don't understand...

Thanks for your help

SamES
32 minutes ago, Blackoune said:

Hi,

I just setup my emby server and take an Emby premiere for use it on my iphone and AppleTV. I can login in the web interface and my iphone but i had a problem when i'm connecting to AppleTV. Once i downloaded and start the Emby app on the AppleTV, he instantly request me for a username and a password without an entry for the server. I tried to login with my emby account and my server profile but he constantly saying "Username and password incorrect" and I can't enter into the app. I link my emby account (this account) to my profile on my server and it does nothing. I tried to use Infuse but when I use my emby account he saied me that he can't find my server... I don't understand...

Thanks for your help

Have you previously used the app with Emby Connect, may be with another server?  I think this is the scenario that prevents it from first asking for a server.  

Blackoune

No i just installed the app and i didn’t have another server. When i launch the app, i’m instant redirected to the login page

SamES

On the first screen, did you select 'skip' or did you try and use the PIN method (which is the Emby Connect login process)

'Skip' should the take you to the manual server entry screen

image.thumb.png.4cd1f4210df80ce4a50204b8bddb9758.png

Blackoune

I didn't have a skip button. Already I didn't have this screen but just a login page where i need to register my username.

I just found a screenshot on google.

post-662515-0-08693700-1591125877.jpeg

SamES
2 hours ago, Blackoune said:

I didn't have a skip button. Already I didn't have this screen but just a login page where i need to register my username.

I just found a screenshot on google.

post-662515-0-08693700-1591125877.jpeg

I'm not really sure how you are starting on this page.  Is this the very first page you see? Do you see a welcome page before this?

I would try uninstalling the app and installing it again.

If you press back on this screen, where do you end up?

Edited by SamES

Blackoune

This is the very first page i see and i don't see any welcome page.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and if i press back on this screen, it brings me back to the main menu of the appleTV.

kbijvank

Do you have a iPhone? Maybe you can enter your Username and password with your phone. I remember reading about a bug in the software that causes spelling mistakes.

SamES
8 minutes ago, Blackoune said:

This is the very first page i see and i don't see any welcome page.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and if i press back on this screen, it brings me back to the main menu of the appleTV.

Something doesn't seem right. What model is your AppleTV - can you confirm the app version from the store that it installed?

Blackoune

I already use the iphone to write my username and my password.

I have an AppleTV 4K on tvOS 17.3 and i download everytime the app from the AppStore.

• Like 1

SamES
6 hours ago, Blackoune said:

I have an AppleTV 4K

Is that 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen?  There should be a model number in the device settings (General->About)

• Solution
SamES

The only thing I can think of is that it has automatically found your server and wants a username and password for an account on your server.

Can you make a test account on your Emby server with a very basic username and password - just letters, no special characters and see if that allows you to login.

If it does, then we can work on why you can't login with your regular account.

• Thanks 1

Blackoune

Ok i will test when i'm back home but I don't really think he found my server because he's not on the local network due to the nginx proxy.

I just thought that my server was in HTTPS but i don't think it relate to my problem.

SamES

If that test account doesn't work, try changing the test accounts password to start with a capital letter, then try again to login.

If that works, then trying logging in to your regular account.  Don't change its password, just try to login.

SamES
2 minutes ago, Blackoune said:

Ok i will test when i'm back home but I don't really think he found my server because he's not on the local network due to the nginx proxy.

I just thought that my server was in HTTPS but i don't think it relate to my problem.

From my tests, server discovery is the only way you can start on the login screen, so maybe the reverse proxy is not working as you expect.

There was an issue reported last year whereby the first manual login after install failed if the first character of the password is not a capital letter.  The suspicion was that it was being autocapitalized on by the UI but I could never reproduce it, and I've tried again and still can't reproduce it.  Maybe you are seeing the same problem.  Out of curiosity, what language and Keyboard layout do you have set in the main apple tv settings?

Blackoune

My proxy seems to work fine because i can connect with the adress with my iphone and other devices.

And you mean the password of Emby Connect or the profile in the server ?

btw I have my AppleTV in french so i'm in azerty.

• Like 1

Blackoune

Sorry i’m not at my house this week-end, I reply you this sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blackoune

Ok so I create an account named "123" with the password "123" and this doesn't work. I change the password with "Emby" and this also not work.

I try to reinstall the app one more time and i'm redirected in the login page like always. I retry to connect with the test account but it don't work.

I really think it must be my Emby connect account and not my profile on my server.

SamES
3 hours ago, Blackoune said:

Ok so I create an account named "123" with the password "123" and this doesn't work. I change the password with "Emby" and this also not work.

I try to reinstall the app one more time and i'm redirected in the login page like always. I retry to connect with the test account but it don't work.

I really think it must be my Emby connect account and not my profile on my server.

You can try it and see.

5 hours ago, Blackoune said:

Just to answer this question, when you enter a username and password into the Apple TV app, it should be your local emby server usernames and passwords, not your emby connect info.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Blackoune

Hi Luke,

I have been tried to use my local emby users ans it's not working.

Like i saied above, i don't think it's my local emby server.

i don't think it's my local emby server.

Can you explain what you mean by this?