Some films and series are not displayed in Emby on the TS-251

renefw

Are the films that are all named in German in the file system, all German films or are some of them German names for Hollywood films?

If they are either translations or little-known German productions, the providers just may not have proper information on them and, the way that search works on those providers, they always return something so, instead of just going un-identified, it gets wrongly identified.

renefw

Some of the English productions that also have the original English title in German also have a German title. There are also many completely German productions. That's not the problem at all!!! If the films are not recognized, they can be viewed in Emby's library! However, without information and cover. If I click on Identify, I can sometimes find the appropriate data. If I then load this or enter the corresponding ID after the name in Windows Explorer, this data will then be loaded. Some of the films then disappear from the library. It's not a simple problem as you seem to think. I had already checked everything you have written so far!!! As written in Plex, all films and series that are in the folder were also displayed. There are just a few missing from Emby. Most are displayed correctly. Since I use the same method for all of them, there is no application error here. It either has to do with a previously unknown Emby setting, which would also surprise me, or there is a small bug in the Emby version that affects my NAS. Otherwise, I can only imagine that there was a problem when installing Emby on the TS-251, which, as described several times, only affects this QNAP. As written, the movies that don't show up on the TS-251 show up on my TS-133. These are the same copied media files as on the TS-251. The settings in Emby are 100 percent the same for both!!! 

Even if they are identified incorrectly, I can change them and then the films in the library will also be displayed, albeit incorrectly. My problem is that if, for example, there are 10 films in a folder, 9 of them are also displayed in the library. 1 film is completely missing! In the library there are only 9 items next to Play at the top left. If I change the name so that the data is no longer recognized, 10 films are displayed in the Emby library again. However, one without or with incorrect information.

Please try to make suggestions that are effective and don't just waste time in unnecessary correspondence...

Thanks!

Do you have any parental control or other access rules in place?

renefw

I don't have parental controls set up. There are no access rules set up that could intervene here. With my username I have full access and administrative rights. This can also be ruled out...

renefw

There are a lot of horror films in my media library. Many of them have a German age rating of 18 years. These are all displayed without any problem....

Happy2Play
On 2/19/2024 at 10:20 AM, renefw said:

Screenshot 01.png a few seconds after adding the title. Screenshot 02.png I can open the library for the film and play it. If I go back, the title is missing from the library (see screenshot 03), as if I had deleted it. But I don't have it as visible in Windows Explorer. Screenshot 04, the film is still visible in Windows Explorer. The screenshots were taken in ascending numbered order.

Screenshot 01.png

Screenshot 02.png

Screenshot 03.png

Screenshot 04.png

Would want to see server log for this example as nothing stands out here so far.

As for searchable I would really question the actual title.  Per the image overview is English so I would question actual title as that is the logo image not what Emby wrote as title.

Is the English name searchable?

Screenshot 02.png

renefw

In some cases the covers or information were recognized in English, even though the title of the respective film was German. The fact is that I completely uninstalled Emby again, reinstalled it and set it up again. Emby now recognizes all titles and no longer deletes titles that were not previously displayed. If I compare the number of films in Emby with those in the respective folder in Windows Explorer, they all match. There are no more missing titles here either. No idea what the problem was.

@Happy2Play before I uninstalled it, I had backed up the entire Emby folder. If you can tell me where I can find the server log and I know what the file is called, I'll be happy to post the old server log here. Since it was uninstalled, I no longer see the log in the web interface.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, renefw said:

@Happy2Play before I uninstalled it, I had backed up the entire Emby folder. If you can tell me where I can find the server log and I know what the file is called, I'll be happy to post the old server log here. Since it was uninstalled, I no longer see the log in the web interface.

Don't know the platform but within your backup there should be a logs folder.

But sound like an upgrade/migration database issue where it will only be specific to one setup.

• 2 weeks later...
renefw

After I reinstalled Emby, I ran a library scan again. Now two complete series and several films are missing again. As already described several times, they are no longer displayed, even though they are there. I'll upload the logs, maybe someone will see a problem there.

embyserver-63844848734.txt embyserver (1).txt hardware_detection-63844848817.txt embyserver-63845086921.txt

Happy2Play

Since these log are from different days what series and filmes.

Line  87063: 2024-02-29 18:44:38.466 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: Der Fall Rebecca Zahau, Path: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Media II/Eigene Videos/Serien/Der Fall Rebecca/Staffel 01/01 Das Verschwinden (2021).mp4, Id: 365546
	Line  87132: 2024-02-29 18:44:48.124 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: 02 Der Verdacht (2021), Path: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Media II/Eigene Videos/Serien/Der Fall Rebecca/Staffel 01/02 Der Verdacht (2021).mp4, Id: 365547
	Line  87142: 2024-02-29 18:44:49.262 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Episode, Name: 03 Das Rätsel (2021), Path: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/Media II/Eigene Videos/Serien/Der Fall Rebecca/Staffel 01/03 Das Rätsel (2021).mp4, Id: 365548
	Line  90008: 2024-02-29 18:50:13.007 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: The Conjuring, Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Media I/Eigene Videos/Filme/Horror/The Conjuring, Id: 29269
	Line  90081: 2024-02-29 18:50:22.848 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Annabelle, Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Media I/Eigene Videos/Filme/Horror/Annabelle, Id: 345067
	Line 118514: 2024-02-29 19:38:06.058 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Movie, Name: The Nun, Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Media I/Eigene Videos/Filme/Horror/Conjuring Universum/The Nun (2019).mp4, Id: 365579

Devs will have to comment as over 3000+ items being removed from database.

But very specific info is needed as logs starting on 2-28 thru 3-5 is a lot of logging to look through.

renefw

Series: "Chucky" or "01 Chucky" in the folder "Serien" and Seattle Firefighters in the folder "Serien II"

Movie  (not all of them; I renamed some of them afterwards. Now there is 01 title (year) at the front - fehlt previously title (year) [id-1234]; ID is not always there):  in the folder "Filme/Komödie/ Heinz Erhardt": "01 Der Haustyrann (1959) -fehlt"; "01 Der letzte Fußgänger (1960) - fehlt"; "01 Geld sofort (1961) - fehlt"; "01 Kauf Dir einen bunten Luftballon (1961) - fehlt"; "01 Mein Mann, das Wirtschaftswunder (1961) - fehl"t
in the folder "Filme/Jurrassic Park": "01 Jurassic World - Ein neues Zeitalter (2022) - fehlt"
in the folder "Filme/Fernsehfilm": "01 Wendezeit (2019) - fehlt"
in the folder "Filme/Heinz Rühmann": "01 Geld oder Leben (1966) - fehlt"; "02 Maigret und sein größter Fall (1966) -fehlt"
in the folder "Filme/Horror/Chucky": "01 Chucky - Die Mörderpuppe (1988) - fehlt"
in the folder "Filme/Horror": "01 Carrie (2002) - fehlt"; "01 Escape Room (2019) - fehlt"
in the folder "Filme/Komödie/Dick und Doof": "01 Dick und Doof - Das Mädel aus dem Böhmerwald (1936) - fehlt"; "01 Dick und Doof - Die lieben Verwandten (1936) - fehlt"; "01 Dick und Doof - Die Wüstensöhne (1933) - fehlt"; "01 Dick und Doof hinter Schloss und Riegel (1931) - fehlt"

These were several that I found quickly. But there is more.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have you updated to Emby Server 4.8.3? Has that helped?

renefw

Hello,
I've had Emby Server 4.8.3.0 installed the whole time. However, I have since moved my data and settings from the QNAP TS-251 to a QNAP TS-264. If I import the relevant films here, the problem still persists.

What else can I do?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 11:09 AM, renefw said:

Hello,
I've had Emby Server 4.8.3.0 installed the whole time. However, I have since moved my data and settings from the QNAP TS-251 to a QNAP TS-264. If I import the relevant films here, the problem still persists.

What else can I do?

Did you set up fresh on the new QNAP or restore from a backup?

renefw

Sorry, unfortunately I only noticed your answer today.

I installed and configured the QNAP on an empty hard drive. Then I reinstalled Emby and I believe restored from Emby backup and adjusted the deposits for the media folders.

In the meantime, I also noticed that when I selected "Highest permitted age rating" - De-18/FSK-18 for the user accounts and certain users under the parental controls, that many other films and series are not displayed in this user account. If I don't select any information in the respective user account, they will still be displayed.

In the meantime, I also noticed that when I selected "Highest permitted age rating" - De-18/FSK-18 for the user accounts and certain users under the parental controls, that many other films and series are not displayed in this user account. If I don't select any information in the respective user account, they will still be displayed.

Hi, can you please provide specific example(s)?

renefw

Now I had reset the age rating in emby for various user accounts to “Highest permitted age rating” – De-18/FSK-18. It still shows me the films that it didn't show me last time. That's why unfortunately I can't send you any screenshots or give you any titles.

However, with some other titles it is still the case that they are not displayed to me at all if they were recognized with the correct broadcast data. I had already uploaded examples and screenshots.