Some films and series are not displayed in Emby on the TS-251

renefw

renefw
Spoiler

Hello,

I came across Emby a few days ago. Quite honestly I find it much better in terms of options, ads and Configurations than the Plex I used so far. I intend to Even after I finished setting it up, I embedded Premiere as a lifetime Buy license.

Unfortunately, since I don't speak English, I have my text in German written and translated using Google Translate. I hope that everything is understandable.

I own a total of 3 Qnap NAS. A TS-251, a TS-133 and a TS-453mini. I downloaded Emby from the website for Qnap and so far only installed on the TS-251 and TS-133. There mine complete collection on the TS-251 and a copy of it on the TS-453mini is saved, I'm currently using the TS-251 Automatic recognition of library photos and information about the films and Check individual series episodes. Afterwards I will also be Emby Still installing on the TS-453mini. Have part of my collection I also copied on the TS-133. My very large video collection including thousands of films and almost 150 series. All videos are mp4 Files with the H264 codec and a few in 4K with the H265 codec. However, I have the problem that 2 complete series and about 50 Movies after scanning in Emby on the TS-251 are not displayed. It However, I noticed that some of these films and one series are dying Additionally stored on the TS-133 are, according to Sann, quite normal: can be displayed in the libraries with photos and information. The TS-251 is simply missing some completely! However, in the Plex, all of them are also displayed on the TS-251. Unless I These films from another folder not scanned by Emby, in If you move a managed one, they will appear shortly afterwards but without an image and additional library information is displayed for now. I can do that then play normally. Unless obviously a few seconds later The images and information have been loaded, but are not loaded at all more displayed. I switch to another folder (e.g. from series to films (or the other way around) and back again, these films or series are missing again, even if they weren't there. All others in the folder are displayed completely. Sometimes I also had films where the libraries didn't have pictures and Information was displayed, but the respective film with a photo from the movie. If I choose Identify in Emby, I can die You can also find suitable films with photos and information. Was embedded through everything loaded, then the films are completely missing again and at the top left of the Play button is under one less element.

I had tried the current version 4.8.1.0 from the website and Beta version 4.9.0.3 is currently installed. In both versions is the same problem. What can I do that also applies to the TS-251? existing films and series can be displayed? Whether with the TS-133
actually all films that are there are displayed TS-251 is not displayed I can't say exactly as I still have it I haven't checked all of them, with three films and one series it's me but already noticed. Since the second series is not on the TS-133 is saved, I can't write it here. On the TS-251 I have I installed the version emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_x86_64.qpkg because An Intel processor is integrated there, like the TS-453mini. On the TS-133 I have tried all versions. However, I was only able to do so at the last one Trying to install the emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_arm_64.qpkg as I I had previously seen that an ARM processor was installed there. All other installations have failed with the message that they are not compatible with this device. Can my problem possibly be addressed? a small bug in version emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_x86_64.qpkg or the version installed on the TS-251 is not the same right one? By the way, I haven't tried another version here install because it was installed without any error messages. Or what could be the cause?

Many thanks for your help....

Spoiler

Spoiler

renefw

Hello,

I came across Emby a few days ago. Quite honestly I find it much better in terms of options, ads and Configurations than the Plex I used so far. I intend to Even after I finished setting it up, I embedded Premiere as a lifetime Buy license.

Unfortunately, since I don't speak English, I have my text in German written and translated using Google Translate. I hope that everything is understandable.

I own a total of 3 Qnap NAS. A TS-251, a TS-133 and a TS-453mini. I downloaded Emby from the website for Qnap and so far only installed on the TS-251 and TS-133. There mine complete collection on the TS-251 and a copy of it on the TS-453mini is saved, I'm currently using the TS-251 Automatic recognition of library photos and information about the films and Check individual series episodes. Afterwards I will also be Emby Still installing on the TS-453mini. Have part of my collection I also copied on the TS-133. My very large video collection including thousands of films and almost 150 series. All videos are mp4 Files with the H264 codec and a few in 4K with the H265 codec. However, I have the problem that 2 complete series and about 50 Movies after scanning in Emby on the TS-251 are not displayed. It However, I noticed that some of these films and one series are dying Additionally stored on the TS-133 are, according to Sann, quite normal: can be displayed in the libraries with photos and information. The TS-251 is simply missing some completely! However, in the Plex, all of them are also displayed on the TS-251. Unless I These films from another folder not scanned by Emby, in If you move a managed one, they will appear shortly afterwards but without an image and additional library information is displayed for now. I can do that then play normally. Unless obviously a few seconds later The images and information have been loaded, but are not loaded at all more displayed. I switch to another folder (e.g. from series to films (or the other way around) and back again, these films or series are missing again, even if they weren't there. All others in the folder are displayed completely. Sometimes I also had films where the libraries didn't have pictures and Information was displayed, but the respective film with a photo from the movie. If I choose Identify in Emby, I can die You can also find suitable films with photos and information. Was embedded through everything loaded, then the films are completely missing again and at the top left of the Play button is under one less element.

I had tried the current version 4.8.1.0 from the website and Beta version 4.9.0.3 is currently installed. In both versions is the same problem. What can I do that also applies to the TS-251? existing films and series can be displayed? Whether with the TS-133
actually all films that are there are displayed TS-251 is not displayed I can't say exactly as I still have it I haven't checked all of them, with three films and one series it's me but already noticed. Since the second series is not on the TS-133 is saved, I can't write it here. On the TS-251 I have I installed the version emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_x86_64.qpkg because An Intel processor is integrated there, like the TS-453mini. On the TS-133 I have tried all versions. However, I was only able to do so at the last one Trying to install the emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_arm_64.qpkg as I I had previously seen that an ARM processor was installed there. All other installations have failed with the message that they are not compatible with this device. Can my problem possibly be addressed? a small bug in version emby-server-qnap_4.9.0.3_x86_64.qpkg or the version installed on the TS-251 is not the same right one? By the way, I haven't tried another version here install because it was installed without any error messages. Or what could be the cause?

Many thanks for your help....

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example of your issue?

renefw

On my QNAP TS-251, among many other series, I also have the Chucky series in my series folder. This doesn't appear at all in emby's library. For example, I also have the film Flipper in my films folder. This isn't shown to me in emby either. All other films that I have in my series and films folder are also displayed in emby via the TS-251. I also have this series and the film on my TS-133. Both are displayed in emby.

18 hours ago, renefw said:

On my QNAP TS-251, among many other series, I also have the Chucky series in my series folder. This doesn't appear at all in emby's library. For example, I also have the film Flipper in my films folder. This isn't shown to me in emby either. All other films that I have in my series and films folder are also displayed in emby via the TS-251. I also have this series and the film on my TS-133. Both are displayed in emby.

Hi there, how are the files named and organized?

renefw

I named all files with the title of the film and then the year in brackets (example: Flipper (1983).mp4). For the series, I named the main character with the name of the series. There are subfolders with season 01, season 02.... In these the episodes are provided with the episode number, the title of the episode and the year in brackets (example: Order: "Chucky" in it subfolder: "Season 01", in it 01 This episode is called (2021).mp4). This is how my entire library is structured. All others were also correctly recognized. If the year is correct, the photos and information will also be loaded correctly. For those that were loaded incorrectly, I added the ID after the year (for example: [tmbid-123456].

renefw

Screenshot 01.png a few seconds after adding the title. Screenshot 02.png I can open the library for the film and play it. If I go back, the title is missing from the library (see screenshot 03), as if I had deleted it. But I don't have it as visible in Windows Explorer. Screenshot 04, the film is still visible in Windows Explorer. The screenshots were taken in ascending numbered order.

Screenshot 01.png

Screenshot 02.png

Screenshot 03.png

Screenshot 04.png

renefw

By the way, I recorded the films "Vier Frauen und ein Mord" and "Der Wachsblumenstrauss" on television with the same device and converted them from ts format to mp4 on the same PC, with the same program and the same settings, and transferred them to my NAS copied. The first film is displayed permanently without any problems and the second disappears again shortly after being added. So it can't be due to different file settings...

renefw

I have now checked my films to see whether emby recognized them correctly. Which was sometimes not the case. So I have a German film of which there are several versions from different years. It was recognized with the year 1985. The one I have, however, is from 1963. After I changed the year, the film was no longer displayed in emby.

I have a movies folder. There are different genres, such as romance films and comedies. I had the same movie "My Fair Lady" in both folders, with two different qualities. In both folders they were recognized with the correct cover and information. The quality in comedies was better, which is why I wanted to keep this version. So I deleted the copy in Romance Films. I wanted to keep the better quality of comedies, but it should be in the romance films subfolder. That's why I moved the file from comedies to romance films using Windows Explorer. Since then, this film has no longer been recognized by emby. By the way, I have now bought emby Premiere as a lifetime version.

What can I do to see all existing films in the emby library?

Hi.  Exactly how did you create your libraries?  What content type and what folder(s) have you pointed them to?

renefw

I saved my movies in the Movies subfolders and imported them into Emby's library as Movies. My series are all stored in one folder, with corresponding subfolders, in the main Series folder. All of them were also imported into the library as series in Emby. That's not the problem at all, as thousands of films and series episodes are completely recognized and displayed with the correct covers and information. The problem is that there are a maximum of 50 films and two complete series that are not even displayed. That's exactly my problem and my question as to what I can do about it....

Hi.  Can you please show me exactly how you defined the libraries in Emby?  Just saying "imported them into Emby" is not telling me that.

Thanks.

renefw

Is this screenshot enough for you? If not, please write to me what I should do. It's just about the first two "Filme" and "Serien"

Screenshot 05.png

Please show me this screenshot that shows the library types:

image.png

And then this one that shows the folders defined for each of the problem libraries:

image.png

Thanks.

Okay, that all looks fine.  In the screen shot above where it shows the contents of "Krimi" (Crime) is this a folder or a genre?  How did you get to that page?

renefw

On my first screenshot I don't see anything about crime. What do you mean? It's just about the Filme and Serien folders. I have to adjust everything else manually. How do you think I got to this site? Which side do you mean? Unfortunately I do not speak English. That's why I translate everything with google translate. It's sometimes not so easy to understand what you mean. Excuse me please....

renefw

You meant the screenshot, that's a crime story, right. I thought they meant the first of today. A film by Miss Marple is not recognized in this folder....

Yes, how exactly did you get there?  Is that a genre or a folder in your file system?

Okay, so you are going through the "Folders" tab.  Do all the films show if you go through the other tabs?  What about via search?

renefw

Correct! If I look closely and enter the title using the search, it will no longer be found in emby even if it is no longer displayed in the library overview after adding it. If the film is still displayed a few seconds after being added to the library, I can also find it using the search...

Okay, then most likely, what is happening is the item is being mis-identified or, possibly, being seen as a different version of another film.

Do you have any movies show up that you do not recognize?  Or do any of those other movies in that same folder show a drop down for the video version?

renefw

Some of the films were recognized as incorrect films. If I then select the right one manually or use [tmdbid-12345] to identify it, they disappear completely. It has something to do with recognizing the titles in some way. How exactly, however, is not yet entirely clear to me. I went through all of them. For example, when I look in Windows Explorer, it shows 100 movies. However, in Emby, only 99 or 98 are displayed in the same order. If I compare them individually, I can also find the two that are not displayed. All films are displayed individually by Emby in the library, even if I have a few films twice in the respective folder. I added “-HD” or “-4K” after the date or ID. Even these are then displayed as two different films. The movies that don't show up have a completely different name than all the others in the folder that do show up.