Emby does not fetch artwork from The Movie Database

bsapi

bsapi
On 3/1/2024 at 5:13 AM, Luke said:

Hi, how does it look if you add another new season?

Indeed. I have just added a new Hungarian season to the library and after scanning the library it comes up without any issue. Name of the season (1. évad) looks like expected.

Otherwise old entries do not change. A few still shows "Season 1" despite the "TMDB" is translated to "1. évad". I refreshed the metadata several times but this doesn't change. (Attached screenshot.)

image.png.82b80c1dcf37191260291f559734bcaa.png image.png.5888f32c9b9090962c27b6b77a1c4653.png

bsapi

This must be something DB related issue. I have just added a season that was deleted months ago but when it appeared emby remembered to it. If emby has this "good memory" maybe it causes the issue. I am just guessing. I don't know hot to force emby to forget...

• 3 weeks later...

Can you try adding another new season?

bsapi
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you try adding another new season?

Hey. A new twist has happened. I deleted all the files from the directory that has the same format 'Season_01'. I added completely new files with the same name (i got new better quality , nevermind). So I refreshed the library items and it changes automatically to '1. évad'. 😮

55 minutes ago, bsapi said:

Hey. A new twist has happened. I deleted all the files from the directory that has the same format 'Season_01'. I added completely new files with the same name (i got new better quality , nevermind). So I refreshed the library items and it changes automatically to '1. évad'. 😮

Is that a good or bad thing?

bsapi
On 3/20/2024 at 7:53 PM, Luke said:

Is that a good or bad thing?

Hi. Before I go further with this topic I need to check first my files. I also need to check the tmdb side. Is everything all right with the data that I would like to see in my Emby. It takes time. After we stated the naming format that I use is bit out of the normal (emby) naming convention I am not surprised if I experience anomaly. But answering to your question I would say it is a good thing. My Emby now looks good, sync well.

(One thing that is loosely connects to this topic. Parental Control is not working as I expect. I figured out the US Certificate must be added to the movie in tmdb. I use Hungarian metadata but if only Hungarian certificate is added to the media in tmdb Parental Filtering does not work well. Beside of this my Emby works well.)

• Thanks 1