Issues after upgrading to 4.8.1.0 on PR4100

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide a specific example?

Yeah, sure @Luke

My TV Shows library is composed by this 3 folders:

FOLDERS.thumb.jpg.9105ec0e56b880ca7b5317d07d4af102.jpg

For the purpose of this example I've added 2 new shows to 1st folder:

1st Folder:

LATESTADDEDFOLDER.thumb.jpg.80ba0a2e9edf42f8d94faa9fc499beb1.jpg

And this is what's shown after Emby detects the new shows added:

2 First shows recently added (Time after Time and Incorportated) to folder 1:

PRESCAN.thumb.jpg.419376dbaf1341adf1c1519ae5bf53e9.jpg

After running a library scan, not from library but from scheduled tasks, this is what's shown on recently added shows:

Latest added shows after Library Scan run from Scheduled Tasks:

POSTSCAN.thumb.jpg.f7a796623ba0d1e326273fb5ba4a3f9a.jpg

These shows are the latest added to folder 3, but not to the library

Folder 3:

WHERESHOWNAFTERSCANBELONGS.thumb.jpg.06c5a9dd25846e4af7c3dc8a98aa7c70.jpg

So my guess is that the "Library Scan" Scheduled Task, that is executed daily goes secuential folder by folder and when finishes folder 3, understand that those are the latest added shows to the library ignoring if the other folders has more recent added shows, but's only my guess.

Hope this helps.

OK, did you  use the metadata editor to check the date added value for the episodes of those series? That is what drives the order to the latest list.

DarkStar1977
2 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, did you  use the metadata editor to check the date added value for the episodes of those series? That is what drives the order to the latest list.

Yes, those episodes are marked with later date added, but this is not true:

Data from metadata editor:

MDEDIT.jpg.0a754a3e898b1169723f960a2a9a741c.jpg

Real date file was added to the folder and added to the library for first time:

REALDATE.jpg.486fd9379270c74ec668f07ff60fe810.jpg

(The example is from Episodes from Galactica 1980)

For any strange reason every time an scheduled Library Scan Runs, the tv shows added to folder 3 are re-added with the scan date of the scheduled task (I have my schedule daily at 3am in the morning)

For any strange reason every time an scheduled Library Scan Runs, the tv shows added to folder 3 are re-added with the scan date of the scheduled task (I have my schedule daily at 3am in the morning)

Then this is probably what we should focus on. What makes you think they're being readded?

DarkStar1977
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Then this is probably what we should focus on. What makes you think they're being readded?

Because are every day in the morning always those as the latest shows added ?

On 2/12/2024 at 1:06 PM, DarkStar1977 said:

Because are every day in the morning always those as the latest shows added ?

OK, please provide a specific example, along with the server log that spans from the night before until the time you noticed the problem in the morning. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
DarkStar1977

@Lukehaving no season visible for 1 season shows present an issue:

If you have already seen the season you need to go episode by episode marking it as viewed, as you don't have the option to mark the season as viewed you can only mark the entire show or going episode by episode marking it as viewed.

This is not an issue when the show has only one season and it's finished BUT has a great impact on shows that TODAY have a season but a new season will come.

If you marked it viewed at show level, the new season will be marked authomatically as viewed, otherwise you need to teach all users to go episode by episode marking those as viewed, something very anoying when a season has +10 episodes that you've already seen.

I see 2 solutions:

1.- Reenable the option to see the season in "1 season" shows

2.- When you mark as viewed the show, will only mark the existing episodes as viewed but will not affect to new ones.

In fact, Pllex uses behaviour described in option 2, no matter what you mark as viewed (show, season), only affects to episodes that are present in the server but does not affect future added episodes.

If you marked it viewed at show level, the new season will be marked authomatically as viewed, otherwise you need to teach all users to go episode by episode marking those as viewed, something very anoying when a season has +10 episodes that you've already seen.

Hi, this may have been true in 4.7 but will not happen anymore in 4.8. The entire feature that was causing this doesn't exist anymore.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:04 AM, Luke said:

Hi, this may have been true in 4.7 but will not happen anymore in 4.8. The entire feature that was causing this doesn't exist anymore.

Does this answer your question?

DarkStar1977
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Does this answer your question?

Yes and no, I know how to acces by web but does not solves the issue that started everything, and is that after the upgrade, from native Apple and Android applications, embyconnect login was not recognized, that forced me to create a local password for each user, after that, they have to reset their embyconnect password and then worked.

• 3 weeks later...
DarkStar1977
On 4/11/2024 at 10:06 PM, Luke said:

Is this resolved now?

Yes. Thanks