Issues after upgrading to 4.8.1.0 on PR4100

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi I'm suffering some issues after upgrading to 4.8.1.0:

1st .- Plugins, installing or updating plugins does not work, even after rebooting emby server, and seeing it as installed, when upgrading, the previous version persists and on installing new plugins, the plugin does not appear as installed.

Installed V 3.3.3

GB.jpg.41399a876869202e9d64253c44c55467.jpg

Showing 3.2.9.0 as installed version

PINSTALLED.thumb.jpg.da1f23cff4df4010ec004d20aba32947.jpg

Discord Plugin installed

DS.jpg.c7a220da7708dd83855180da14e3f85c.jpg

Not showing the Plugin on the Installed Plugins

PLUGINS.thumb.jpg.c11a1ea2cd45294cf4212eaec0d6f93e.jpg

2nd.- Missing seasons/chapters: are not visible anymore in the libraries and I cannot find the configuration to re-enable it, I saw that there's a contextual menu on the season to show a pop up with missing / upcoming chapters, this is not what I want, I want as it was before

MISSINGCHAP.thumb.jpg.4cdf8d4478129aca9eba442caa12b36e.jpg

3rd.- Shows with 1 season only: Season has disappeared and the chapters are shown in the show, I don't want this, how can I re-enable to present Seasons for 1 season only show ?

1SEASON.thumb.jpg.35da1140fc33d9507388e4e2ec2e83a7.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

@Lukewhat step I missed on reporting a problem ?

I've upgraded to Emby Server latest version available: 4.8.1.0 and I'm facing several issues:

1st PLUGINS ISSUE:

Upgrade Problem description: Upgrading a Plugin does not result on getting it upgraded, even appears as installed, the previous version persists including after rebooting the emby server:

SCREENSHOT OF UPGRADED PLUGIN 3.3.3 SHOWN IN THE INTERFACE:

GB.jpg.ef17cf042770ba4fc371943d1de98ab9.jpg

PLUGIN VERSION SHOWN AFTER REBOOTING -> 3.2.9.0

PINSTALLED.thumb.jpg.70b1a2e3bf399bea9bf9e685564d5b7e.jpg

New Plugin installation Problem Description: After installing a new plugin and rebooting the Emby Server, the plugin is not shown as installed:

NEW PLUGIN INSTALLED SHOWN IN THE INTERFACE:

image.jpeg.9859c0dd808324755b525b62e8ee015a.jpeg

INSTALLED PLUGINS SCREEN WHERE DISCORD PLUGIN IS MISSING:

PLUGINS.thumb.jpg.53a7fcb060582f8a22227d33797ea04d.jpg

2nd MISSING SEASONS/CHAPTERS not shown anymore on the TV SHOWS

After upgrading, the posibility to show the missing seasons or chapter in series has disappeared as it was on the previous version.

In version 4.7.11 and previous versions you have the possibility to enable in libraries the option to show missing episodes/seasons in the show/season by enabling this switch:

SWITCH TO ENABLE MISSING EPISODES/SEASONS INCLUDING UPCOMING EPISODES TO BE PRESENTED IN SHOWS LIBRARY:

SWITCH.thumb.jpg.2c69508592fae021eda77469cb4cbdf6.jpg

This feature has disappeared in the last version and now you cannot see the missing episodes/seasons within series/seasons:

SEASON WITH MISSING EPISODES NOT SHOWING MISSING EPISODES:

MISSINGCHAP.thumb.jpg.d383cac5d76d7e048552a1f95d10590e.jpg

The only option after the upgrade is to click on the upper 3 dots and show a popup screen with missing episodes:

3 DOTS OPTION TO SEE A POPUP WITH MISSING EPISODES / UPCOMING EPISODES:

MISSING.thumb.jpg.bc90e43dcf3bdf89672de87564b21364.jpg

I want to know how to revert it back to the previous version format where the missing and upcoming episodes where shown if the switch was enabled inside the Show and the seasons.

3rd SHOWS WITH ONLY 1 SEASON Problem Description:

Shows that has only one season are presented without season cover, showing directly the episodes inside the season:

SHOW WITH ONLY ONE SEASON PRESENTING DIRECTLY THE EPISODES BELOW INSTEAD THE "SEASON 1" COVER:

1SEASON.thumb.jpg.03e187fcc05e6199b1387aff7c76c7aa.jpg:

Before the upgrade the shows with one season where presented with the Season, sorry I don't have a screenshot of the previous version, but seems it's pretty clear.

Hope this makes the issues more clear.

And let me recap why Issues 2 and 3 are a problem for me:

Not seeing the missing episodes/seasons in the main view prevents to edit those seasons pictures if you don't have those

SEASONS AVAILABLE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT ALLOW EDITING THEIR IMAGES, IN THE BELOW. SEASON 3 AND SEASON 4 CANNOT BE EDITED:

SEASONS.thumb.jpg.79eaa3529227531aa762e8ef01fe4143.jpg

BTW this is the same issue that presents the issue 3, that you cannot see for only 1 Season Shows the Season 1 Cover to edit the pictures.

Finally regarding missing chapters, this was so useful when you download some episodes but are not in the right order, just by entering the season you're missing you can see the right order to rename the chapters properly, now the only option you have is to go to the Show, click on the 3 dots, and see all the missing episodes, not just the ones of the season you're looking for.

Hope this makes the issues I'm having more clear, and you can help me.

Thanks

Edited by DarkStar1977

Please attach separate server logs for the gamebrowser and discord plugins.

3 DOTS OPTION TO SEE A POPUP WITH MISSING EPISODES / UPCOMING EPISODES:

Are you enjoying the new View Missing Episodes feature?

DarkStar1977
Just now, Luke said:

Are you enjoying the new View Missing Episodes feature?

No, as I explained above, this prevents to edit pictures of missing seasons and to see clearly in one screen how many upcoming episodes are going to be released, I see the benefits for people that does not want to see the missing episodes inside the show but I don't understand why this has been removed for people that wants to have it, and being able to edit the images of missing seasons.

• Agree 1

DarkStar1977
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please attach separate server logs for the gamebrowser and discord plugins.

Can u tell me how to obtain this separate logs ? 

Thanks

HI, you can always create an empty season folder, and then it will show up and can be customized.

DarkStar1977
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, you can always create an empty season folder, and then it will show up and can be customized.

Even this seems to work for multi-season tv shows, does not solve the "1 Season" Shows issue where you cannot edit the cover.

And btw, this does not show the missing episodes inside the seasons ...

Also during 4.8 beta development, did you by any chance install the beta and then downgrade?

DarkStar1977
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Also during 4.8 beta development, did you by any chance install the beta and then downgrade?

Nope, this have been an upgrade from 4.7.14 final version, never upgraded to a beta, I tested the beta on another NAS, the 4.8.0.39 in a separate environment.

I've just restarted the server. 

Attached is the new logembyserver-63842959692 (3).txt

Edited by DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

BTW, if the missing episodes/seasons will not be back as it was, is possible to downgrade to 4.7.14 ?

Edited by DarkStar1977

20 minutes ago, DarkStar1977 said:

BTW, if the missing episodes/seasons will not be back as it was, is possible to downgrade to 4.7.14 ?

It's different now. They are not in your server database anymore, and not having to worry about keeping that data up to date has led to a plethora of simplifications and performance improvements. The library scans in 4.8 are much faster now, and this change is partly responsible for that.

Having said that, there are some things that can be redone in different ways that I think you will like. 

DarkStar1977
1 minute ago, Luke said:

It's different now. They are not in your server database anymore, and not having to worry about keeping that data up to date has led to a plethora of simplifications and performance improvements. The library scans in 4.8 are much faster now, and this change is partly responsible for that.

Having said that, there are some things that can be redone in different ways that I think you will like. 

I saw that the scans are quicker, that's great, but I'm really used to control the "user experience" of the emby server, and this change makes me no having the flexibility I had before.

BTW, it's a downgrade posible ?

Due to the database changes it would require a fresh install, but I would suggest staying on 4.8 and working with us on the new experience.

DarkStar1977
Just now, Luke said:

Due to the database changes it would require a fresh install, but I would suggest staying on 4.8 and working with us on the new experience.

Ok, thanks, let's see if we can solve at least the plugins issue, and put my other requests as RFE's ;)

DarkStar1977

@Luke

I've found another issue related with "1 Season" Shows, the Statistics plugin present as missing all 1 season shows episodes as well as unwatched:

Statistics.thumb.jpg.02e601283dd13e2c9becb0c00478d90e.jpg

And btw, after last library scan on TV Shows, the home screen where the last shows are presented have been re-sorted and now is presenting as latest shows added shows that are not the most recent added.

In fact, this library is formed by 3 different folders:

FOLDERS.thumb.jpg.d4a5c4699bbd6dab306293b31d9d3274.jpg

All the most recent shows belongs to the third folder, that is not the last one where I added show episodes ...

Edited by DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

I've made some progress, the plugins where installed/upgraded by manually killing emby server process via SSH.

Seems the server was not restarting or stopping ...

• Thanks 1

DarkStar1977

@Lukeany feedback on "Latest Added Shows" issue ?

BTW, regarding plugins, Statistics plugin even updated and ran the task to calculate, it's not working, the screen hangs over and over and even makes the browser tab to hang needing to close it and reopen it.

DarkStar1977

Anothe issue, when an episode finish, instead of playing the next one (does not matter if it's clicking next episode or waiting to finish), the next episode never plays, you need to press back button and then go manually to reproduce the next episode ...

17 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

@Lukeany feedback on "Latest Added Shows" issue ?

Can you please provide a specific example?

BTW, regarding plugins, Statistics plugin even updated and ran the task to calculate, it's not working, the screen hangs over and over and even makes the browser tab to hang needing to close it and reopen it.

Please report any issues with the plugin here:

This will ensure that the developer sees them. Thanks.

• Thanks 1