App Logons (4.8.0.80)

Jibest

3 minutes ago, Exor85 said:

Sorry, but I don't want to tinker or experiment. There is a reason why I use stable versions and not betas

The link I provided is not a beta and that app should also be available in the Play store now (but may still be rolling out).

serpi
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Stay tuned, because once we get through this release we are also planning on looking at more modern authentication techniques, so that you'll be able to use an easier method than password entry.

Which, again, needs to be supported by all the apps.

Exor85
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

The link I provided is not a beta and that app should also be available in the Play store now (but may still be rolling out).

That would be ok then. It also works on the Android smartphone so far. But not on the Shield. It's just Android TV. And it would be relevant there.

And in the Play Store of the Shield there is only Emby for Android TV. Then I'm happy to wait for the official update. Of course, if it takes too long, I'll get on your nerves again. 

Maybe next time you should make sure that all official apps support the new functions before the server rolls out the update. 😉

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, serpi said:

Which, again, needs to be supported by all the apps.

They will. Apologies for the delay.

Jibest
11 hours ago, Luke said:

They will. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you Luke for being the only one to acknowledge the inconvenience and offer  an apology.

Respect.

• Thanks 1

tsanchez88

After the update none of my Roku TVs (3 different Models) would let me login when selecting the User from the list. I was previously logging in without a password on the local network, it would just spin and hang, but never ask for the new password I just set. I was able to get in by selecting "Manual" and entering the User/Password that way. On the bright side, it does seem to remember the user and did not prompt for a password when turning off/on the tv and starting the Emby app again. Not looking for support at this point, just posting incase anyone else runs into this.

Server Log: (IPs Removed)

2024-02-06 15:23:34.892 Warn Server: AUTH-ERROR: X.X.X.X - Access token is invalid or expired.
2024-02-06 15:23:34.892 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
2024-02-06 15:23:35.158 Info App: Udp message sent to [::ffff:X.X.X.X]:37322
2024-02-06 15:23:40.175 Warn Server: AUTH-ERROR: X.X.X.X - Access token is invalid or expired.
2024-02-06 15:23:40.175 Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.
Edited by tsanchez88
  • Thanks 1

Jibest

My 2019 Samsung Tv is showing version 1.7.0 this morning and after authenticating once for each user it is now allowing user switching without further password requests.

• Thanks 1

SamES
3 hours ago, Jibest said:

My 2019 Samsung Tv is showing version 1.7.0 this morning and after authenticating once for each user it is now allowing user switching without further password requests.

Great, thanks for confirming.

Exor85

Is there any information on when the official "Emby for Android TV" app will receive the update?

4 minutes ago, Exor85 said:

Is there any information on when the official "Emby for Android TV" app will receive the update?

Hi, it is currently in beta testing and should be available soon.

• Thanks 1

reizablade

My issue is that the password doesn't even work. I get an "Invalid Username or Password message when trying to log in despite having JUST set the new password! This is in the Browser and the Android Phone App, Android TV app and LGTV App. Even tried the forgot password function and entered the PIN and get the same error when trying to login with a blank password as per the instructions! It is extremely frustrating!!! I even ceated a NEW user and get the exact same error.

NOTE: Redacted identifying username and account names and IP address (internal IP)

2024-02-22 18:16:08.074 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Opera Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgNi4xOyBXaW42NDsgeDY0KSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvNzUuMC4zNzcwLjEwMCBTYWZhcmkvNTM3LjM2IE9QUi82Mi4wLjMzMzEuNzJ8MTU2MzcxNDA5MTA0Mw11&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.8.1.6&X-Emby-Language=en-nz. Accept=application/json, Connection=keep-alive, Host=host5, User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/95.0.0.0, Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate, Accept-Language=en-NZ,en;q=0.9,en-GB;q=0.8, Content-Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8, Origin=host20, Referer=http://app.emby.media/, Content-Length=22, DNT=1
2024-02-22 18:16:08.074 Debug AuthenticationRepository: GetInternalId reportedDeviceId: TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgNi4xOyBXaW42NDsgeDY0KSBBcHBsZVdlYktpdC81MzcuMzYgKEtIVE1MLCBsaWtlIEdlY2tvKSBDaHJvbWUvNzUuMC4zNzcwLjEwMCBTYWZhcmkvNTM3LjM2IE9QUi82Mi4wLjMzMzEuNzJ8MTU2MzcxNDA5MTA0Mw11
2024-02-22 18:16:08.074 Error DefaultAuthenticationProvider: Invalid username or password. No user named ?????? exists
2024-02-22 18:16:08.074 Error UserManager: Error authenticating with provider Default
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.1.0
	Command line: C:\Windows\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Framework: .NET 6.0.26
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Windows/Users/******/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Windows\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Windows\Users\******\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Invalid username or password.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.DefaultAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(String username, String password, User resolvedUser)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.AuthenticateWithProvider(IAuthenticationProvider provider, String username, String password, User resolvedUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.Authentication.ProviderAuthenticationResult] Authenticate(System.String, System.String, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User)

2024-02-22 18:16:08.075 Warn Server: AUTH-ERROR: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx- Invalid username or password entered.
2024-02-22 18:16:08.075 Error Server: Invalid username or password entered.

adrianwi

Any progress on the aTV App?  This really should have been ready before the 4.8 update and yet 3 weeks after we are still waiting.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Exor85 said:

Any News?

Hi, what is your question? All of our apps support the new profile pin feature.

Exor85

The question is when the app updates for the Nvidia Shield TV and the FireTV Stick will be released. Because at least five minutes ago, registration was not possible on either device.

As a reminder: before the update, you could secure adult profiles with a PIN, while the child profile could be started without a PIN. Since the update, the PIN no longer works for any profile. Instead, the password is always requested, which is not practical.

The apps on common smartphones work without problems. It just doesn't work where it is important, i.e. Nvidia Shield and FireTV. @ebr

On 4/23/2024 at 12:42 PM, Exor85 said:

The question is when the app updates for the Nvidia Shield TV and the FireTV Stick will be released

Hi.  The update for the Shield went out quite a while ago. It has supported the new Profile PIN for some time now.  On the Fire, you can install the app "Emby" to gain full functionality.