Pseudo TV for Emby

VicMoore

VicMoore

Here is where I am with the code today (Sunday night).  The bulk editor for Tags and Genres is finished. The Smart Playlist is mostly finished. I am currently adding pre-built channels now. I hope to have it finished soon.  I will also be adding the ability to bulk edit the "favorites" and "played" tags.

@nuentesplease look at this plugin to see if I have improved it from your perspective. 

I need feedback to make things better. If you have a wish list, let me know.

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

I added to the code a bulk editor for changing "Played" and "Favorite" for media. You can change a single media item or a group of items. I added earlier a bulk editor for changing "Tags and genres.  This should cover most of what a user would want to edit to build a desired playlist.

I am now turning to building pre-built playlists.

Please pass on any ideas or changes you might have.

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

nuentes
On 4/7/2024 at 7:26 PM, VicMoore said:

Here is where I am with the code today (Sunday night).  The bulk editor for Tags and Genres is finished. The Smart Playlist is mostly finished. I am currently adding pre-built channels now. I hope to have it finished soon.  I will also be adding the ability to bulk edit the "favorites" and "played" tags.

@nuentesplease look at this plugin to see if I have improved it from your perspective. 

I need feedback to make things better. If you have a wish list, let me know.

Vic

PseudoTV.zip 1.82 MB · 2 downloads PseudoTV.dll 543.5 kB · 2 downloads

I'd still really like to see a channel list. I feel like it just needs 3 columns - channel number, channel name, media type (TV/Movie/Music/Mixed). And next to those 3 columns, a 3 dot menu where you can select between 3 choices: Edit, clone, delete. That would make navigation a lot better.

I clicked into a smart playlist and selected "Pre-built Playlists", and it's completely empty. So does this mean that I can't use existing playlists that I have in Emby? Only playlists that I've generated in PseudoTV?

I added a single TV series to a channel (manually, not a smart playlist), and don't see a way to limit it to only watched episodes. So I clicked on Smart playlist, and it's just confusing. Under Media Names, what does this refer to in a TV show? Does it refer to the TV show name? Episode name? Also, it seems that watch status isn't available as one of your criteria. It seems like this is more for selecting series, but I'm never able to narrow content down more to specific episodes. For example, I have smart playlists that search the episode overview for all my tv episodes for the word "christmas" to have a christmas playlist. So with your current config, I don't see any way to create a Christmas channel. Even though I have a playlist in Emby for exactly this. This is just an example. But it seems like the smart playlists feature have been built more with Movies in mind.

Every now and then, when I open it, I get an infinite loading screen like this. The red boxes never go away. I need to back out and try again:image.png.9cf0ca8184fee3bd941c30654fe9903e.png

I have never had any success with these buttons. Nothing happens when I click Change or Edit (Firefox).image.png.12cac7a359111a8084d191e661c410ff.png

Hope this is helpful!

feerlessleadr

@VicMooreJust wanted to stop in to say thanks for developing this. I updated to what I think is the latest version and everything seems to be working great. 

VicMoore

@nuentesThe pre-built screen is blank because I am writing the code,  I finished today the code to analyze the Emby library.  With it you can auto build channels with 

1) most popular Genres or Tags or both

2) from played and favorite attributes

2) Emby playlists or Collections.

3) and so on.

It will be ready to show in a few days. You can then tell me the weaknesses and what needs to be added.

The bug you pointed out I am aware of. I will fix it soon. I want to get the code I am currently working on finished.

Vic

VicMoore

@feerlessleadrThanks for the kind words.  Let me know what needs to be changed or added.

Vic

feerlessleadr

Question as I'm playing with this some more. I'd like to create a couple of channels that contain both movies & TV shows, but I'd like the order of the EPG to be in release date order. 

So for example, for Stargate, I'd like to start with Stargate the movie, then have the EPG show SG1 episodes in order until Season 7, at which point it would alternate with SG1 & SG Atlantis (since they were shown back to back on Fridays), and then show the 2 Direct to DVD SG movies, and then show SG Universe episodes. 

Is there a way to accomplish that via the current plugin?

::Forgot to tag @VicMoore

::Edit 2:: I also just realized that when using the smart playlist, the option 'Is Played' for TV shows applies to the whole show, and not individual episodes. So for example, if I have TV shows with 50 episodes, and all of them are watched, that Series will show up in my smart playlist when I have the 'Is Played' set to true. However, if 1 of the episodes is not watched, but 49 are watched, the entire series would be removed from the smart playlist when 'Is Played' is set to true. 

Is it possible to have a separate filter for episode watched or something for TV shows? This way I can include episodes that are watched for Tv shows where there will be other episodes that are not watched?

Thank you!

Edited by feerlessleadr

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

@feerlessleadrYes this is possible - but I am working on the code at the moment - give me a few days to finish and I will try to implement your suggestions.  I am building a new engine for composing channels that is much easier to use.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

feerlessleadr
39 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

@feerlessleadrYes this is possible - but I am working on the code at the moment - give me a few days to finish and I will try to implement your suggestions.  I am building a new engine for composing channels that is much easier to use.

Vic

Excellent to hear, and no rush. Thank you!

VicMoore

@TZTZoroDo you have any time to help me with CSS?  I greatly value your help.

Vic

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

@mickle026@feerlessleadr and @nuentesI have given making a simple channel creator a try.   Click on the "Quick Start" button and give it a try.  I have disabled, for now, the "Update the EPG" for the quick start code.  Let me know where I am moving in the right direction and where I am not.  I have tried to implement many of your ideas.  

Vic

p.s. I have not yet implemented everything.  For example, the top genres and top tags only work for movies.  There are several other short cuts I took to quickly test the GUI concept.  I will fill in the holes tomorrow or Saturday.

I fixed several bugs and added more functionality to the GUI.

PseudoTV.dll

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I hope to finish "quick start" this weekend.  Then you will be able to build the Emby EPG from the "quick start" menu.  I plan to use this GUI to build "pre built" channels for users to use.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I just added to PseudoTV a way to quickly and easily add channels.  It allows you to build channels from Emby Collections, Playlists, Favorites, top genres, top tags, any genre, and tag, artist names, player names, year produced and much more.  When you build a channel and Update the EPG, the channel or channels created will appear in the main channel GUI. You cannot edit channels with the Quick Start GUI, just create them. You edit them (if required) in the main GUI. The code was just written and may have bugs, so proceed with caution. Notify me about any bugs encountered. I will fix them ASAP.  Also let me know of additions or changes that may be required.

Vic

image.png.4ea627019f1e58a76cfea2a728aff950.png

image.png.cef872b2521ff1b210b34553babee283.png

PseudoTV.dll

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

This is excellent, thank you!

I will test this extensively this week.

VicMoore

I know the top genres and top tags are specific to the chosen media type.  At the moment they are always the selections for movies.  I will fix this tomorrow.

Vic

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

I just added the code to keep the top genre and tags pull downs in sync with the chosen media type.  In my initial pass through writing the Quick-Start code I left this capability out. 

Vic

I corrected a few bugs and added the error and help message code.  I will be filling in error messages over the next few weeks.

PseudoTV.dll

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

@VicMooreJust did some initial testing. 

When using the quick start, I'm not sure how to add multiple items when filtering by name. For example, if I wanted a channel that included both Big Bang Theory and Modern Family, if I wanted to add them by name (rather than say tagging them, or something similar, and then just adding the tag), how would I go about doing that? 

The other item that would be great to add to the quick start is a way to include a 'Mix' option to include movies & TV. In my previous example, I want to have a channel that is just looping Stargate. I have a collection that includes all of the Movies & TV shows, but as it stands, in the quick start, I'm only able to specify whether the channel should be either Movies or Series, not both, so not all of the content from the collection is included in the channel. I do love that I can now sort th content of the channel by premiere date using the quick start!

VicMoore
Posted (edited)

I think that field allows a comma delimited list. Try entering both names separated by a comma. This may work. I have not tried it.

I will look into mix.  I was trying to keep things simple.

Vic

P.S. I am adding a way to create collections and playlists.  This may be a way to solve your problem.

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

@feerlessleadrI don't think Collections and Playlists are working properly in "quick-start".   Have you been able to use them to build channels?  

I hope everything is going OK with your testing.  I expect to have many bugs that need to be fixed.

Vic

feerlessleadr

@VicMooreso please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have to use the quick start to create a channel based on playlists or collections, correct? If so, aside from what I mentioned earlier (where mixed TV & Movie collections like the MCU & Stargate can't show both TV & Movies on the same channel yet), it seems to be working ok for me. 

One other thing that would be super helpful, in the smart playlist builder, it would be nice to be able to edit an existing smart playlist used to select the movies/shows, rather than needing to delete all of the movies or tv shows on the channel, and then re-creating the smart playlist to adjust the criteria, etc.

VicMoore

@feerlessleadrI agree with your suggestion about saving both smart playlists filters and quick-start filters.   I will implement this when the code for what we have is more stable. I designed the code with this idea in mind.

The problem with collections that I mentioned earlier was not really a problem.  

Please keep testing if you have the time. I am also interested in any other ideas about improving the GUI.

Vic

feerlessleadr

@VicMooreSounds great. So far I have created a few channels and haven't really encountered any bugs or issues. On occasion, the buttons will not work and I will need to refresh my page, but the refresh always fixes it. 

I did notice that this morning my guide data ran out and I had to go into the program to update the guide data again, but I'm not sure if that was because I did a whole bunch of upgrades without refreshing the guide data in between at all. 

Flippz
13 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

@VicMooreSounds great. So far I have created a few channels and haven't really encountered any bugs or issues. On occasion, the buttons will not work and I will need to refresh my page, but the refresh always fixes it. 

I did notice that this morning my guide data ran out and I had to go into the program to update the guide data again, but I'm not sure if that was because I did a whole bunch of upgrades without refreshing the guide data in between at all. 

Iv had the same two problems also...

VicMoore

You can now bulk edit Tags and Genres, Change Played and favorite status, and create playlists and collections...

image.png.d3a9eeb130bb573dfced7038851b9251.png

image.png.9e56eff422468424f0121b35eb58df93.png

image.png.9bd3813028f0e8600775303ef5fd547c.png

Vic

PseudoTV.zip PseudoTV.dll

• Like 1