Fast sliding seek bar to fast forward just like YouTube,Plex, Jellyfin

kakashi55

SamES
19 minutes ago, kakashi55 said:

What model is your Samsung TV ?

2017 and 2023 models

20 minutes ago, kakashi55 said:

Btw, there should be Android TV like FF/Rw as described by @FrostByte

We can do this, but it would need to be added to the core app first, then we can implement it with Tizen

• Like 1

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SamES said:

but it would need to be added to the core app first, then we can implement it with Tizen

Ok. So would you do this ? 🤩

Edited by kakashi55

KayBe

I would like to clarify something about the "Slow Sliding" issue.

This just started. Prior to about 2 weeks ago, sliding during playback and while browsing the library worked fast. If you held the button down it went fast. This isn't working anymore.

I think it started about the time the app was updated by Samsung. But I don't know. 

Can we try the previous app version somehow?

• Sad 1

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, KayBe said:

I think it started about the time the app was updated by Samsung. But I don't know. 

In which version, seeking  the videos and scrolling the library was working fast while holding down the buttons ?? 

I have tried 1.6.4, 1.6.9 and recently released 1.7.0 and all versions have slow seeking and slow scrolling issue while holding down the buttons.

Edited by kakashi55

KayBe

I can't tell you. I have no way of knowing what the previous version was. I am currently on 1.6.4 and it is labeled as "Latest". So can we assume it was before that?

It also shows that 1.6.4 was installed in October 2023. So I think this may not be the right place to look. Something happened to Emby and I assumed it was an app update. But maybe it was a TV firmware update. It says I'm on 2501 but there is no date. So I can't tell you anything about the firmware except that it's 2501. 

I can also say with absolute certainty that this slow scrolling issue is new to me.

So how do you load different versions of the app? Where do you get them?

• Like 1

kakashi55
4 hours ago, KayBe said:

So how do you load different versions of the app

Samsung store currently has version 1.6.4. 

And latest version can be installed from USB which is 1.7.0 now. 

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, SamES said:

2017 and 2023 models

On which Emby version were you testing ?

Edited by kakashi55

SamES

Sorry, I tested on 2017 and 2022 (not 2023) model.

My 2022 TV is on firmware 1602.

I have tested around 1.6.7 and 1.7.0 with both the current beta and release servers.  I can't reproduce this issue.

Can you please both confirm which server version you are on and provide a server log (with debug turned on) showing a test?  Please let me know what time you do the test so that I can find the sample in the log.  Thanks

KayBe

Server version 4.7.14

I restarted the server so the log is only 2 minutes long. I started here:

2024-01-04 12:38:45.227

I just held the FF button down and it only made 10 second jumps. 

embyserver.txt

SamES
28 minutes ago, KayBe said:

I just held the FF button down and it only made 10 second jumps. 

Thanks.  Did the video pause in between each jump, or did it keep playing smoothly until you released the button?

At the moment, the problem I'm trying to reproduce is not the 10 second jumps, it's the video pausing between each jump.

KayBe

I was watching a different video and when I used FF it didn't pause. It continued to play normally as the timer skipped ahead by 10 seconds. But when I released the button, it didn't jump to that spot. It just kept playing as if I never pressed the button.

Then, later in that same video, it did pause between skips. But it still didn't jump ahead like it should have.

Very strange.

SamES

Can you please share a link to me via PM so that I can download and test one of your files that you know has an issue?

kakashi55
5 hours ago, KayBe said:

when I released the button, it didn't jump to that spot

Same thing happens with me.

5 hours ago, KayBe said:

But it still didn't jump ahead like it should have

Same here.

kakashi55
16 hours ago, SamES said:

At the moment, the problem I'm trying to reproduce is not the 10 second jumps, it's the video pausing between each jump.

Video pausing between 10 seconds jumps is not the problem. The Real problem is 'only 10 seconds jumps'.

SamES
15 minutes ago, kakashi55 said:

Video pausing between 10 seconds jumps is not the problem. The Real problem is 'only 10 seconds jumps'.

Yes, I agree that there should be more options than 10 second jumps, but it also shouldn't be pausing between jumps - that is a problem, but not one that I can reproduce.

Luke would need to first need add support for changes to the jump amount in the web app, then it can be picked up in the Tizen app.

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SamES said:

but it also shouldn't be pausing between jumps

Hey! Earlier I said, it pauses for about 500 ms between jumps. It might not actually be pausing, but the slow seeking creates the perception of a pause. So, I think we should leave the issue of pausing.

It would be great if we had Android TV like FF/Rw in Tizen also.

The TV mode in web app in a browser on PC seeks fastest when we hold down 'Shift + Right Arrow' and it is faster than seeking on Desktop mode. So, I think the desired feature is already there, but not implemented for Tizen only.

Edited by kakashi55

KayBe
13 hours ago, SamES said:

Can you please share a link to me via PM so that I can download and test one of your files that you know has an issue?

I can't see how it's file related but I sent you a link.

SamES
5 hours ago, kakashi55 said:

It might not actually be pausing, but the slow seeking creates the perception of a pause.

From the video provided earlier, it does look like it is pausing. It doesn't look like it is seeking the way I would expect it to.

49 minutes ago, KayBe said:

I can't see how it's file related but I sent you a link.

I want to test and see if it is a problem with the file that might be causing seeking issues.  If I can reproduce it then I might be able to improve the performance.

The TV mode in web app in a browser on PC seeks fastest when we hold down 'Shift + Right Arrow' and it is faster than seeking on Desktop mode. So, I think the desired feature is already there, but not implemented for Tizen only.

True, but using a remote control, we don't have a way (yet) of triggering this faster scrolling.  In desktop mode we need the arrow keys to switch (without the shift key) to become adaptive in the speed selection, then we can do this in Tizen.

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, SamES said:

to become adaptive

By this you mean -- "seeking starts out slow and then gradually increases in speed the longer you hold down the button?"

If you are going to implement this, that would be awesome. Thanks. Now, I will just wait for the release of an update of Tizen app.

Edited by kakashi55

SamES
17 minutes ago, kakashi55 said:

By this you mean -- "seeking starts out slow and then gradually increases in speed the longer you hold down the button?"

If you are going to implement this, that would be awesome. Thanks. Now, I will just wait for the release of an update of Tizen app.

Yes, something like that would be good, but as I said, it really needs to be updated in the web app first.

kakashi55
1 minute ago, SamES said:

it really needs to be updated in the web app first.

Or just assign the function of 'Shift + Left/Right Arrow' of the TV mode of web app to the Left/Right button of Samsung TV Remote. I think It should be easy to implement for Tizen because it's already there in Web app. Maybe in next update for Tizen app, we could see this.

KayBe

2 hours ago, kakashi55 said:

1 hour ago, SamES said:

Yes, something like that would be good, but as I said, it really needs to be updated in the web app first.

I have seen this behavior in the Roku Emby app already.

kakashi55
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KayBe said:

I have seen this behavior in the Roku Emby app already

This type of of FF/Rw is also available in Android TV and Fire TV clients except for Samsung TV Emby app.

Edited by kakashi55

SamES

Or just assign the function of 'Shift + Left/Right Arrow' of the TV mode of web app to the Left/Right button of Samsung TV Remote. I think It should be easy to implement for Tizen because it's already there in Web app. Maybe in next update for Tizen app, we could see this.

So you're suggesting rew/ff should always be 30 second increments, never 10 seconds?