Multi version of the same movie

Bobby121418

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Bobby121418 said:

I haven't yet, I got into trying to get the Extras, which for some reason does not happen for any of the LOTRs

Hence the suggestion, as if the movie was properly multi-versioned following supported naming convention, extras should show as well. 

10 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

see what gives, whether those extras will pop up.

Bobby121418
On 28/12/2023 at 10:42, GrimReaper said:

Yes, but that user has only stacked files whereas you'd like multi-versioning as well and have 2 Part 2 files, those are not same conditions. 

For test purposes, try naming your files:

see what gives, whether those extras will pop up. 

Yes, can confirm that on this way the Extras popped up.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

Have you thought about using mkvtoolnix (assuming it's an MKV) to append the multiple parts together - it will even re-do all the chapter points etc for you ... ;

image.thumb.png.4d67b60888b74710d0f0495586f9bbba.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
sjtuross

The thing I don’t get is why Emby requires such strict naming convention to merge multiple versions. If they are identified as the same movie in one library, what’s the use case to have them separate by default? In most cases, I think people want them merged instead.

8 hours ago, sjtuross said:

The thing I don’t get is why Emby requires such strict naming convention to merge multiple versions. If they are identified as the same movie in one library, what’s the use case to have them separate by default? In most cases, I think people want them merged instead.

HI, more options are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
techbri
On 12/28/2023 at 10:15 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, how are your files named and organized? Have you compared to our movie naming guide?

Movie Naming

Hi @Luke

I currently have two movie quality folders as this has to do with sourcing and I map them as different libraries. I wonder if auto versioning would work if I used this method:

/movies

/hd

/Awesome Movie (1986)

Awesome Movie 1986 - 1080p.mkv

/4k

/Awesome Movie (1986)

Awesome Movie 1986 - 2160p.mkv

This would allow me to set the sourcing tools to treat the /hd and /4k folders as separate "libraries" but I'm hoping it would look like a single library in Emby and the versions would match. If this does work, and I set a max quality for a user in the Emby settings will they see the higher quality versions or are they hidden?

29 minutes ago, techbri said:

Hi @Luke

I currently have two movie quality folders as this has to do with sourcing and I map them as different libraries. I wonder if auto versioning would work if I used this method:

/movies

/hd

/Awesome Movie (1986)

Awesome Movie 1986 - 1080p.mkv

/4k

/Awesome Movie (1986)

Awesome Movie 1986 - 2160p.mkv

This would allow me to set the sourcing tools to treat the /hd and /4k folders as separate "libraries" but I'm hoping it would look like a single library in Emby and the versions would match. If this does work, and I set a max quality for a user in the Emby settings will they see the higher quality versions or are they hidden?

The quality setting is not a filter, so yes they will see them, but that will help Emby apps automatically close the most suitable version.

This is assuming that they are first merged in Emby server. Are they?

techbri
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Luke said:

The quality setting is not a filter, so yes they will see them, but that will help Emby apps automatically close the most suitable version.

This is assuming that they are first merged in Emby server. Are they?

Sorry, I have manually merged versions from a few movies. I was trying to find out if I use the folder structure I showed in my post above if Emby will automatically merge the versions under one movie. Currently I have two movie library folders as separate shares on my NAS and I will move the contents into the folder structure that I listed above and rescan to create a single library with versions if it’s expected to work that way.

Edited by techbri

techbri
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you use a supported folder structure for multi version then yes:

Movie Naming

I read this and it seems to want all versions to be in the same folder. This presents a problem when running two Arr apps, one for HD and a second for 4k. So I was trying to understand if this will also work as “supported”.

/movies/hd/Awesome Movie (1986)/Awesome Movie 1986 - 1080p.mkv

/movies/4k/Awesome Movie (1986)/Awesome Movie 1986 - 2160p.mkv

I would add /movies as one library. 

Edited by techbri

techbri
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, if you use a supported folder structure for multi version then yes:

Movie Naming

I think I answered my own question. I copied five movies from my HD library folder and the same five movies from my 4k library folder into a new movies folder with subfolders of 4k and HD. I created a new library using that folder and scanned the library files. There were 10 movies added and of course, I can manually merge them. Is it possible to add support for an alternate folder structure of some sort and still merge versions?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, techbri said:

I think I answered my own question. I copied five movies from my HD library folder and the same five movies from my 4k library folder into a new movies folder with subfolders of 4k and HD. I created a new library using that folder and scanned the library files. There were 10 movies added and of course, I can manually merge them. Is it possible to add support for an alternate folder structure of some sort and still merge versions?

The community plugin already does this.

Link to must up to date version

techbri
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

The community plugin already does this.

Link to must up to date version

Thank you! Prior to posting, I searched and found this plugin and went through part of the thread and I saw that versions were unavailable. I missed that there was a new/compatible version. Thanks for this.

Happy2Play
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, techbri said:

Thank you! Prior to posting, I searched and found this plugin and went through part of the thread and I saw that versions were unavailable. I missed that there was a new/compatible version. Thanks for this.

(AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip) v1.0.0.0 is still compatible it just has issue if you use other third party plugins like the "Top Picks", and the "New Releases".  And community member post a fix via that linked post.

@GrimReapercan you update first post in grouping plug with the 1.0.0.9.dll or link to that post on page 30 with current version compatibility.

Edited by Happy2Play

techbri
42 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

(AutoCollections-for-4.6.0.22-betaServer.zip) v1.0.0.0 is still compatible it just has issue if you use other third party plugins like the "Top Picks", and the "New Releases".  And community member post a fix via that linked post.

@GrimReapercan you update first post in grouping plug with the 1.0.0.9.dll or link to that post on page 30 with current version compatibility.

Yes found it and installed and it seems to work great. Thanks again.