Multi version of the same movie

Bobby121418

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Bobby121418 said:

I haven't yet, I got into trying to get the Extras, which for some reason does not happen for any of the LOTRs

Hence the suggestion, as if the movie was properly multi-versioned following supported naming convention, extras should show as well. 

10 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

see what gives, whether those extras will pop up.

Bobby121418
On 28/12/2023 at 10:42, GrimReaper said:

Yes, but that user has only stacked files whereas you'd like multi-versioning as well and have 2 Part 2 files, those are not same conditions. 

For test purposes, try naming your files:

see what gives, whether those extras will pop up. 

Yes, can confirm that on this way the Extras popped up.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

Have you thought about using mkvtoolnix (assuming it's an MKV) to append the multiple parts together - it will even re-do all the chapter points etc for you ... ;

image.thumb.png.4d67b60888b74710d0f0495586f9bbba.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
sjtuross

The thing I don’t get is why Emby requires such strict naming convention to merge multiple versions. If they are identified as the same movie in one library, what’s the use case to have them separate by default? In most cases, I think people want them merged instead.

8 hours ago, sjtuross said:

The thing I don’t get is why Emby requires such strict naming convention to merge multiple versions. If they are identified as the same movie in one library, what’s the use case to have them separate by default? In most cases, I think people want them merged instead.

HI, more options are certainly possible for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1