Unable to Sign In

smich222

smich222

I’m trying to sign into my Emby connect on my Fire TV by navigating to emby.media.pin, entering my username and password, and the PIN code displayed on the screen, however when I select ‘Next,’ it redirects me to the login screen again, requesting I select a method of sign in again, despite the page displaying “Pin confirmed.” Please advise. 

smich222

I’m not that savvy. I’m not sure how to do that. May you please provide direction on how I could attempt this?

Edited by smich222

On the screen on the TV with the PIN, click the "Skip and enter manually" button and then enter your server address and port.

I'm having the same issue. I've used the Fire TV app for years, but earlier this week it started not acting right. At first the app wasn't connecting to my server, so I uninstalled the app on my Fire TV stick, then re-installed.

It will load to the login screen and then I click "SKIP AND ENTER IP ADDRESS", enter my local IP address, click "OK, then it just goes back to the login screen. It is as if nothing changed. It just sits on the login screen. I've tried clicking "SKIP AND ENTER IP ADDRESS" and filling in my info, over and over again, and nothing happens.

I check the server logs, and it's not even registering any event from the Fire TV.

Basically the current version isn't able to connect to servers from the login screen.PXL_20231221_053951237.thumb.jpg.5440af37700d32af32c5a946f2a64b6d.jpg

Edited by mote2

13 minutes ago, mote2 said:

I'm having the same issue. I've used the Fire TV app for years, but earlier this week it started not acting right. At first the app wasn't connecting to my server, so I uninstalled the app on my Fire TV stick, then re-installed.

It will load to the login screen and then I click "SKIP AND ENTER IP ADDRESS", enter my local IP address, click "OK, then it just goes back to the login screen. It is as if nothing changed. It just sits on the login screen. I've tried clicking "SKIP AND ENTER IP ADDRESS" and filling in my info, over and over again, and nothing happens.

I check the server logs, and it's not even registering any event from the Fire TV.

Basically the current version isn't able to connect to servers from the login screen.PXL_20231221_053951237.thumb.jpg.5440af37700d32af32c5a946f2a64b6d.jpg

HI, can you try putting http:// in front of the ip address?

• 2 months later...
train_wreck

Still unusable on a 3rd gen Fire TV, is side loading the only “solution” here? Far too much of a headache to try to walk my cousin through over the phone…….

On 2/28/2024 at 12:23 AM, train_wreck said:

Still unusable on a 3rd gen Fire TV, is side loading the only “solution” here? Far too much of a headache to try to walk my cousin through over the phone…….

Hi, what version of the Emby app do you have on the Fire TV now?