Emby Server Running on Debian 11 Errors After Synology 7 Upgrade

yodajones
Go to solution Solved by yodajones,

yodajones
11 hours ago, Luke said:

It is displayed in advanced library settings.

OK, Thank you.

Regarding all my playlist.xml files being empty: Why would the playlists lose their content?  If this happened because access to the Synology NAS shared folders was denied then I think Emby ought to provide some manner to backup the playlist.xml files to avoid losing them.  I think I spend a couple/few hours creating some of my playlists and it is a shame that I cannot get them back.

If this happened because access to the Synology NAS shared folders was denied then I think Emby ought to provide some manner to backup the playlist.xml files to avoid losing them.

Hi, yes this is probably the reason.

yodajones
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes this is probably the reason.

@LukeThanks for the reply, and it's too late now I guess to recover those playlists.

After thinking about this a while it seems to me this is a bug.  I've used plenty of music media players that can create playlists over the years and I've never known one to delete content from it's playlist if the file cannot be found or accessed.  Sometimes an error message will popup, I've even seen some that simply skip any files it cannot find and if none can be found end playing, but I've never seen a player that wipes the playlist if it cannot find or access a file.

I've used plenty of music media players that can create playlists over the years and I've never known one to delete content from it's playlist if the file cannot be found or accessed.

In most cases this won't happen. It's only because it happened simultaneously while it was also being newly imported into the library.

For example in normal everyday use if a file goes missing, it won't get removed from the playlist file.

yodajones
3 hours ago, Luke said:

In most cases this won't happen. It's only because it happened simultaneously while it was also being newly imported into the library.

For example in normal everyday use if a file goes missing, it won't get removed from the playlist file.

@LukeMaybe I misunderstand your statement, or I am just confused.

If I had playlists that were created months before I encountered any of the above situation (Synology DSM update to 7.x) how can that be considered "Newly imported into the library"?

In fact, I can't think of any situation whereby the Emby Server should remove anything from a playlist on it's own.

In fact, I can't think of any situation whereby the Emby Server should remove anything from a playlist on it's own.

Yes agreed.

• Thanks 1

yodajones

@LukeThank you.  I hope my comment didn't come off as angry or ungrateful, I'm not.  I am happy everything is working again and appreciate all the hard work that folks have put into this project.

On 1/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, yodajones said:

@LukeThank you.  I hope my comment didn't come off as angry or ungrateful, I'm not.  I am happy everything is working again and appreciate all the hard work that folks have put into this project.

No, all good. Thanks !

• Thanks 1