Stutter media playback unlocked app.

averrkn0t
Go to solution Solved by averrkn0t,

averrkn0t

Android TV app, Nvidia Shield, Android 11, app v2.0.98g

I noticed intermittent media playback stutter/pause since I cancelled the premiere subscription and went with the app unlock instead, as the premier options aren't needed. The stutter never happened while using premier. The app playback, subtitles, layout settings are the same as before. I'm not sure what is causing this stutter. Is it a bug with the unlock feature or the app version? 

It's almost as the app thinks it's still locked with the 1 minutes of free playback. Then the media plays for a few minutes then pauses again. This behavior continues throughout playback. I have sent logs through the app because this version doesn't allow for downloading logs. 

Sideloading a different version doesn't allow playback without a premiere subscription. 

My Internet is more than sufficient. Please assist. 

Edited by averrkn0t

averrkn0t

Sent log to developer at 2:17 am Pacific time 12/03/2023

Account: MyEmbyUser

Edited by averrkn0t

GrimReaper
41 minutes ago, averrkn0t said:

It's almost as the app thinks it's still locked with the 1 minutes of free playback.

AndroidTV app doesn't have limited 1-minute playback, instead it has 2-weeks trial with full playback enabled. 

Android TV or Fire TV Free App Unlock Premiere
Limited Playback (two week trial)

Full Playback

Live TV    

https://emby.media/support/articles/Premiere-Feature-Matrix.html

41 minutes ago, averrkn0t said:

I noticed intermittent media playback stutter/pause since I cancelled the premiere subscription and went with the app unlock instead, as the premier options aren't needed. The stutter never happened while using premier.

It is possible that - as without Premiere you have no HWA - your server can't keep up, exact example would be required. Post server log and ffmpeg log(s), if any. 

Media Playback Issues

• Please create a topic in the community.
  • Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Make sure to indicate which Emby App you're using. If you're using a browser, then please indicate what browser you're using.
  • If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.
  • If you are using the Roku or Android TV specific app, please also follow the instructions below to send a log from the app.

Edited by GrimReaper

3 hours ago, averrkn0t said:

Sent log to developer at 2:17 am Pacific time 12/03/2023

Account: MyEmbyUser

Hi.  I can't see any playback in this log.  Did you send it right after playing something?

One thing I do see, though, is that your server was in the middle of running a library scan.  That could be significantly slowing it down...

averrkn0t
On 12/3/2023 at 6:20 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  I can't see any playback in this log.  Did you send it right after playing something?

One thing I do see, though, is that your server was in the middle of running a library scan.  That could be significantly slowing it down...

I will upload another log as soon as it happens again. 

averrkn0t
10 minutes ago, averrkn0t said:

The stutter just happened again, I uploaded the log to the developer.

3:11 pm  12/4/23

averrkn0t
24 minutes ago, averrkn0t said:

The stutter just happened again, I uploaded the log to the developer.

3:11 pm  12/4/23 

I will turn off library scan, to see if this resolves the stutter. Thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate the assistance. 

Hi.  Unfortunately, your log got compressed by Android so I can't really see much but the items are direct playing so I highly suspect either the server is very busy again or there may be an issue with the network.

There aren't any errors per se.

• Solution
averrkn0t
On 12/5/2023 at 6:56 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Unfortunately, your log got compressed by Android so I can't really see much but the items are direct playing so I highly suspect either the server is very busy again or there may be an issue with the network.

There aren't any errors per se.

Thank you. I'm not sure what has changed since the last updated log and yesterday, but the media hasn't stuttered and is now playing smoothly. Odd. 

• Thanks 1