Stop extras from merging with episodes when they are properly named

RanmaCanada

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, RanmaCanada said:

Oh and just to be clear, I am using mainline, not beta.  4.7.14.0

Just a warning: Mainlining Emby is VERY dangerous. You should stick with eating it or smoking it or sniffing it. Emby does NOT mix well directly with blood. 😜

• Haha 1

jaycedk
5 hours ago, Luke said:

The featurettes folder underneath a series is not supported in 4.7, so in general I would expect the unexpected with it.

@Luke Where should I put them ?

Its extras, so can't well put them in Specials or Season 0. 

2 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

@Luke Where should I put them ?

Its extras, so can't well put them in Specials or Season 0. 

In 4.7 they should be in specials or season 0. Obviously you might not like that answer and so you're going to do what you're going to do, but that's the answer based on what 4.7 supports.

/Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/Season 02/Cobra Kai - S02E10 - No Mercy WEBDL-720p.mkv

/Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/featurettes/No mercy for Miguel (Teaser).mkv

This particular merge was caused by the tvdb plugin being a little too aggressive with episode matching by title. I pushed out an update to the tvdb plugin to resolve that.

• Thanks 1

jaycedk
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

This particular merge was caused by the tvdb plugin being a little too aggressive with episode matching by title. I pushed out an update to the tvdb plugin to resolve that.

Ok the helped with /Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/Specials/No mercy for Miguel (Teaser).mkv

But this /Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/Specials/The Karate kid Is all grown up (Teaser).mkv is still being 

identified as https://thetvdb.com/series/cobra-kai/episodes/6713529 which is the movie.

jaycedk
1 hour ago, Luke said:

After the update to tvdb plugin it is solved for me.

I did have to move my extras out of folders, rescan / refresh, and put them back in again.

@RanmaCanadaDid this solve your issues ?

And sorry for hijacking your Topick.

Edited by jaycedk

Junglejim
34 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

After the update to tvdb plugin it is solved for me.

I did have to move my extras out of folders, rescan / refresh, and put them back in again.

@RanmaCanadaDid this solve your issues ?

And sorry for hijacking your Topick.

Glad you got is sorted out! What did you end up doing? Putting the extras into the specials folder without season/episode numbering?

jaycedk

@JunglejimYes I moved /Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/Specials/No mercy for Miguel (Teaser).mkv to specials without sXXeXX that helped.

Not really sure if it was that, plugin update or a combination of both 🤔

This 1 /Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/other/The Karate kid Is all grown up (Teaser).mkv  

got sorted after the plugin update rescan / refresh meta.

• Like 1

Junglejim

@LukeSo if I'm understanding this right... the 4.8 release will have the option to put extras in a "extras" folder and leave the specials folder for specials? 😕

Will the update in 4.8 just separates the two (specials/extras)? If that's the case, cool!

Also I read that you removed "Display specials within seasons they aired in" in the beta... So that option is baked in now? Will always be true/enabled?

Edited by Junglejim

55 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

@LukeSo if I'm understanding this right... the 4.8 release will have the option to put extras in a "extras" folder and leave the specials folder for specials? 😕

Will the update in 4.8 just separates the two (specials/extras)? If that's the case, cool!

Also I read that you removed "Display specials within seasons they aired in" in the beta... So that option is baked in now? Will always be true/enabled?

It doesn't separate them in the display at this point. It mainly just gives you extra storage options.

• Thanks 1

jaycedk
4 hours ago, Junglejim said:

@JunglejimYou can read more about it here 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Bigmack3000

This seems like the right thread for me to post this.  I really hope combining every extra as a special is reversed.  It just appears to be a backwards way of solving what to do with extras.  And Now things like this are happening:

ScreenShot2023-08-20at2_29_18PM.png.4a381df0708974267c26546849b56280.png

The extra should Never be the auto selected option.  This change has just made extras cumbersome instead of smoothing anything out.

17 hours ago, Bigmack3000 said:

This seems like the right thread for me to post this.  I really hope combining every extra as a special is reversed.  It just appears to be a backwards way of solving what to do with extras.  And Now things like this are happening:

ScreenShot2023-08-20at2_29_18PM.png.4a381df0708974267c26546849b56280.png

The extra should Never be the auto selected option.  This change has just made extras cumbersome instead of smoothing anything out.

Hi there, how are your files named and organized?

1 hour ago, Bigmack3000 said:

ScreenShot2023-12-31at4_43_01PM.png.cae1f7f48c45bf88cbc474582f22265b.png

Maybe the nfo file for the making of mangrove contains incorrect season and episode numbers?

Bigmack3000
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Maybe the nfo file for the making of mangrove contains incorrect season and episode numbers?

Where would emby even pull that information from though? Since the file name has no season or episode number in it.  

Either way, it should never prioritize a file like this over one in a season folder. This is one of the base flaws with the new extras design. They should never be in a pull down with the actual episode.  It either hides the extras out of sight, or disorganizes them, like this.  

• Agree 1

Ok well this should be improved in the upcoming 4.8 server release. Thanks.

tedfroop21
On 01/12/2023 at 23:30, jaycedk said:

@JunglejimYes I moved /Mediaunraid/Series/Cobra Kai (2018) [TvdbId=332858]/Specials/No mercy for Miguel (Teaser).mkv to specials without sXXeXX that helped.

Not really sure if it was that, plugin update or a combination of both 🤔

That is a good method of dealing with "specials" that have been "inserted" in season order that you would prefer as stand alone specials.  I did that for Futurama,  as they had some specials that are listed as movies that aired between Season 5 and 6.  They can be named as movies,  or as TV episode "specials", or named as you did. 

I went half and half and added nfo files and edited them so they would show as specials (named S00Exx)  but I took out the episode data from the meta and locked the meta.  So now the meta is all there and they do not play after season 5 like the meta originally said they should, and re-scans won't change the data.

• Like 1