45 Device (Lifetime) Gone?

Shattered

LifeIsStrange

@ebr

I would also like to upgrade my existing Lifetime license to 45 devices to further support Emby. Customer since 2019 here and I might not need this upgrade but don't want to miss out (FOMO).

What I would not like to do is to purchase a second Lifetime license, this makes it complicated to handle for me personally. I think the change was not communicated well since the purchase option was removed silently, so people didn't have the chance to upgrade in time.

Could you probably offer the upgrade option again at least for a specific time range that is communicated well?

Edited by LifeIsStrange
  • Agree 3

davedick
8 hours ago, LifeIsStrange said:

@ebr

I would also like to upgrade my existing Lifetime license to 45 devices to further support Emby. Customer since 2019 here and I might not need this upgrade but don't want to miss out (FOMO).

What I would not like to do is to purchase a second Lifetime license, this makes it complicated to handle for me personally. I think the change was not communicated well since the purchase option was removed silently, so people didn't have the chance to upgrade in time.

Could you probably offer the upgrade option again at least for a specific time range that is communicated well?

Why didn't you purchase it when it was available ?

LifeIsStrange
2 hours ago, davedick said:

Why didn't you purchase it when it was available ?

Because I didn’t know about this option so far.

With a short announcement about the removal I would have purchased the extended Lifetime immediately.

I really hope it comes back at least for a short time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Dreakon13

I know this isn't the venue for this, and it'll probably never happen... but I'm kinda itching to donate some more money to the cause but have no use for increased device limits.  How about an additional, several hundred dollar lifetime expansion to make my Emby server totally offline and never need to phone home?  I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 😄

Besides that, this thread has been amusing between the people splitting hairs trying to be cheap and the Emby team trying to make an extra buck.  Thanks for that.

EDIT: The post necroing this thread was deleted (rightfully so imo) but now it looks like I did... I promise I didn't dig this thread up just to say that lol

Edited by Dreakon13

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'd buy that in a heartbeat

Unfortunately, so would every single operator wishing to run a large illegal streaming site.

• Agree 1

Dreakon13
9 minutes ago, ebr said:

Unfortunately, so would every single operator wishing to run a large illegal streaming site.

The bad eggs always gotta ruin our good time.  What if I super duper promise to not do that. 😄