FIX: Emby Theater (Electron App) Window Is Invisible

PNWForestKing

PNWForestKing

Issue

Emby Theater is running, but no longer visible.  Clicking the Window in the Taskbar does not restore the window.

How-To Resolve

1. Close Emby Theater

2. Delete the windowstate.json file in the following (default) location on Windows:

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron

3. Restart Emby Theater

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
carpenter2003

I've been having similar issue this past week or so.  If Emby Theater is closed or crashes, it won't reload. Then in Task Manager Electron Process is using 2GB+ memory and wont close and you can't kill it. I left it once for a while and it did FINALLY close on its own apparently.   

Just tried the above suggestion and that did seem to force it closed.

I've also noticed recently that the PC my server is on is using/locking up a ton of memory.  

Hi, we are working on a new windows app with better window management and no electron, so stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
carpenter2003

Any rough ETA for the new app?  Weeks?  Months?  Next year?  Not pushing or complaining, just generally curious when to watch out for it.

I've started closing Emby Theater down when I'm not actively using it because of the memory issue. My system goes from about 25-30% memory usage to above 90% in a 24 hour window if I leave Emby Theater running. Once I close it and make sure all the Electron processes are ended it quickly settles back into 25-30% range.