Notation for Commentary in Episode Titles

WyattZirbel

WyattZirbel

I would like an easy way to see if an episode has audio commentary or not with a checkbox under Metadata settings.

When I copy my tv shows, a lot of times, the pilot episodes have commentary audio but it's not easy to keep track of which ones do or don't without manually editing the title itself or looking for the audio button every time an episode plays.

I attached an image of what I have in my head. A 'C' symbol or something next to it would work too, something along the lines of that. Let me know what you think!

Audio Commentary Concept.png

Edited by WyattZirbel

WyattZirbel
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, how would the server determine this?

it may not. it could just be an option in the metadata settings for each episode to be manually switched on/off or the audio itself could be selected as “audio commentary” rather than a general setting for an episode (i assume that’s possible since it can parse both audios from MKVs for selection).

but, if it has the ability, it could look for the “director’s comments” flag in an audio track

Edited by WyattZirbel
  • Thanks 1

crusher11

You might want to look at the Iconic Image Enhancer plugin. If your audio tracks are named appropriately, it can be used to add an icon to the thumbnail indicating the presence of a commentary. 

WyattZirbel
Just now, crusher11 said:

You might want to look at the Iconic Image Enhancer plugin. If your audio tracks are named appropriately, it can be used to add an icon to the thumbnail indicating the presence of a commentary. 

i could but i feel like this would make a great native feature regardless