Can't delete server from Emby Connect

thevoidatlas

thevoidatlas
On 9/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, Luke said:

The update was pushed to Emby Theater. Please try restarting the app. Thanks.

My version is showing 3.0.21. is that the correct one? Does emby theater auto update? Anyway, deleting the server in this version doesn't work. 

10 minutes ago, thevoidatlas said:

My version is showing 3.0.21. is that the correct one? Does emby theater auto update? Anyway, deleting the server in this version doesn't work. 

It has the fix and should work just fine. Try using the hosted web app to delete the server, http://app.emby.media

Just now, thevoidatlas said:

I had to uninstall / reinstall the desktop client for it to work.

OK thanks for the update.

thevoidatlas
3 hours ago, Luke said:

OK thanks for the update.

So the only thing I noticed is that upon reinstalling the application, it seems to be version 3.0.20 and not the latest one. Do you know why that might be?

Edited by thevoidatlas

22 hours ago, blim5001 said:

Well it did nothing on my iMac (I tried it a few times), but I have just installed the same emby app version on my laptop, tried it and it worked.
Laptop is running Monterey (12.6.8) I think the iMac is same, but I will need to check.

Just tried on my iMac as the old sever is still there when using the app on my iMac.
Re-installed it again, but it still will not remove the old server and the iMac is running Monterey as well.

Clicking the delete option does nothing. just closes the modal and the server remains.

So don't know what is going on, I can not find any logs to look at to see if there any errors. Does the Mac app not log anything?

30 minutes ago, blim5001 said:

Just tried on my iMac as the old sever is still there when using the app on my iMac.
Re-installed it again, but it still will not remove the old server and the iMac is running Monterey as well.

Clicking the delete option does nothing. just closes the modal and the server remains.

So don't know what is going on, I can not find any logs to look at to see if there any errors. Does the Mac app not log anything?

Is the device on the same local network as the server?

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is the device on the same local network as the server?

It is a server that was on my Nas which broke, so it is not available at all
The iMac and laptop are on the same local network, 
so just seems odd that it removed it using the emby app on my laptop, but not the emby app on the iMac

The iMac has both ethernet and wifi enabled, the laptop only has wifi. So I will try disabling ethernet on the iMac and see if that makes any difference.

Nope, tried just wifi and just ethernet, sadly made no difference. it just does nothing when I try and delete it

Edited by blim5001

2 minutes ago, blim5001 said:

Nope, tried just wifi and just ethernet, sadly made no difference. it just does nothing when I try and delete it

If they are on the same local network then the app will just rediscover it right after you delete it.

So that's probably what's happening, right?

4 minutes ago, blim5001 said:

The old server is not shown there.

It only appears on the app on my iMac

Have you updated the app to 2.2.13? It seems to be working just fine in my testing with that version.

Yep, I have updated the app on both my laptop and iMac.

That's why it so odd. 

I deleted it on the app on my laptop, but it will not delete it on my iMac

2 minutes ago, blim5001 said:

Yep, I have updated the app on both my laptop and iMac.

That's why it so odd. 

I deleted it on the app on my laptop, but it will not delete it on my iMac

OK we'll take another look at it. Worst case scenario you can always clear app data.

Any chance you could let me know where to find the app data that I need to delete.
As I still cannot get rid of the old server on the app on my iMac

Ok, so I finally found some stuff to move/delete

Just in case anyone find themselves in the same situation, this is what I did

I quit the emby app

in my ~/Library folder there were 2 folders in there, Containers and Group Containers:

In Containers, I found a com.emby.mobile
In Group Containers, I found group.com.emby.mobile

Moved both of those out of the directories, restarted the emby app and got back to a clean slate with no servers.

I could then sign back in my live servers.

(Don't know if both folders were being used, I am just doing a search to see if both got re-created EDIT, looks like just the one in the Group Containers folder got re-created)

Edited by blim5001
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 11:14 AM, blim5001 said:

Ok, so I finally found some stuff to move/delete

Just in case anyone find themselves in the same situation, this is what I did

I quit the emby app

in my ~/Library folder there were 2 folders in there, Containers and Group Containers:

In Containers, I found a com.emby.mobile
In Group Containers, I found group.com.emby.mobile

Moved both of those out of the directories, restarted the emby app and got back to a clean slate with no servers.

I could then sign back in my live servers.

(Don't know if both folders were being used, I am just doing a search to see if both got re-created EDIT, looks like just the one in the Group Containers folder got re-created)

Thanks for following up ! We'll try to get to the bottom of why you couldn't delete it earlier.

I was able to delete a test server I have been reviewing in the Windows Emby client app, but I am unable to remove it from https://app.emby.media/

I even cleared cookies for the same web address, but the deleted server still shows on https://app.emby.media/ when I sign in again. I also confirmed this behavior in Incognito mode (up to date Chrome stable).

image.png.1c570b4bf7bcf41f41896caf3fa7ccb3.png

Web:

SNAG-0006.thumb.png.81e63e7182127df851825ef3bd9dceea.png

Windows app:

SNAG-0007.thumb.png.eafbcc555d8794d58a31948bf83d2c37.png

In addition to that, for feedback. I added my Emby Premiere key to the test server F2-212 because I wanted to test hardware decoding and it was accepted in the settings, I also got an email to verify the server, but everywhere in the settings it still said "Get Emby Premiere" and the gold coin icon did not appear in the Dashboard settings page next to the Server name and shutdown/restart choice.

I have reset the F2-212 now, so i can't do any troubleshooting, but I thought I would share my experience.