Can't delete server from Emby Connect

thevoidatlas

thevoidatlas

image.png.dd90e3a8522af8c4fbcf47ca0c5ff0ba.png

No matter how many times I right click on the server and try to delete it, nothing happens. This was a server that was shared with me and no longer works. I want to remove it but I can't. What do I have to do to remove it? 

Hello thevoidatlas,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

thevoidatlas
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what Emby app are you trying to do this with? Do you get a menu when you right click?

I get a menu when i right click, yes with three options (connect, delete and view info). I'm using the web browser (webapp) 

thevoidatlas
On 9/14/2023 at 5:54 PM, Luke said:

HI, what Emby app are you trying to do this with? Do you get a menu when you right click?

I've since tried the desktop app and again, i am unable to delete that server. 

20 hours ago, thevoidatlas said:

I've since tried the desktop app and again, i am unable to delete that server. 

What exactly happens when you try?

thevoidatlas
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly happens when you try?

Nothing, no errors or response/feedback. Just doesn't delete. When i right click and select "connect" i get an error as the server is shut down. I can also view server info. I just can't delete it. 

Edited by thevoidatlas

calmcacil

same issue here, i have an old server from a while back stuck in my connect list and delete does nothing except create a script error when clicked.

/#!/startup/selectserver.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) undefined
setTimeout (async)		
(anonymous)	@	dialoghelper.js?_sw-…26652b32aa729976c:1
onCloseAnimationFinish	@	dialoghelper.js?_sw-…26652b32aa729976c:1

/#!/startup/selectserver.html:1 Uncaught (in promise) undefined
Promise.then (async)		
executeAction	@	shortcuts.js?_sw-prea2269b6752cd77169:1
onClick	@	shortcuts.js?_sw-prea2269b6752cd77169:1
onClick	@	emby-itemscontainer.…5af95d1e9b29d2063:1

• Thanks 1

calmcacil

Error is slightly different if i clear cookies and try without cache.

baseitemcontroller.js?_sw-precache=48d46b8dfce742e143b50e648d0b0b70:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getCurrentUser')
    at BaseItemController.deleteItems (baseitemcontroller.js?_sw-precache=48d46b8dfce742e143b50e648d0b0b70:1:30441)
    at Object.deleteItems (itemmanager.js?_sw-precache=1010cc23f3c0a07a1be8b7ff13b3030a:1:4138)
    at Object.executeCommand (commandprocessor.js?_sw-precache=3cf2486235546b935062b0b2c2970476:1:12104)
    at executeCommand (itemcontextmenu.js?_sw-precache=ff05d3d3605b2a84a0b163a93f0dd970:1:532)
    at itemcontextmenu.js?_sw-precache=ff05d3d3605b2a84a0b163a93f0dd970:1:1442

21 hours ago, calmcacil said:

Error is slightly different if i clear cookies and try without cache.

baseitemcontroller.js?_sw-precache=48d46b8dfce742e143b50e648d0b0b70:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getCurrentUser')
    at BaseItemController.deleteItems (baseitemcontroller.js?_sw-precache=48d46b8dfce742e143b50e648d0b0b70:1:30441)
    at Object.deleteItems (itemmanager.js?_sw-precache=1010cc23f3c0a07a1be8b7ff13b3030a:1:4138)
    at Object.executeCommand (commandprocessor.js?_sw-precache=3cf2486235546b935062b0b2c2970476:1:12104)
    at executeCommand (itemcontextmenu.js?_sw-precache=ff05d3d3605b2a84a0b163a93f0dd970:1:532)
    at itemcontextmenu.js?_sw-precache=ff05d3d3605b2a84a0b163a93f0dd970:1:1442

Good catch. I can't reproduce but I can see how that would happen. I've pushed an update to our hosted web app and to Emby Theater. Thanks.

calmcacil
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Good catch. I can't reproduce but I can see how that would happen. I've pushed an update to our hosted web app and to Emby Theater. Thanks.

Thanks, i had to clear my cookies and log in again for it to work but i was finally able to remove my 3 year old install from the list. 

I seem to be having a similar problem.
Managed to get rid of the old servers from the app.emby by clearing cookies
But I still have old ones on my iphone and in the mac Emby app and deleting them does nothing on either of those.

(the ones I cannot delete are not active and were installed on old equipment that I no longer use)
How can I get rid of them?

• Agree 1

I have just tried deleting and reinstalling the emby app from my mac to see if that would fix it, but nope did not.
I cannot find any preferences or other emby related stuff in my user Library or main Library folder, are they stored somewhere else?

thevoidatlas

Likewise, the problem seems to be resolved in the web app but dead server still shows up in emby theater and the mobile apps. Unable to remove it. 

I have just downloaded the emby macos app from github, updated 2 days ago. (Shows as v2.2.13 when i do a get info on the app) Is the fix in that version?
As I can still not delete an old inactive server.

5 hours ago, blim5001 said:

I have just downloaded the emby macos app from github, updated 2 days ago. (Shows as v2.2.13 when i do a get info on the app) Is the fix in that version?
As I can still not delete an old inactive server.

HI, yes it does. What exactly happens when you try to delete?

I'm having this problem but it looks like I'm accessing someone else's data. I changed my password and made sure but it just randomly started showing up Friday or Saturday.

Also @LukeI PM'd you about it. I'm worried its a security concern.

Edited by BenDover

12 minutes ago, BenDover said:

I'm having this problem but it looks like I'm accessing someone else's data. I changed my password and made sure but it just randomly started showing up Friday or Saturday.

Also @LukeI PM'd you about it. I'm worried its a security concern.

I believe someone simply mistakenly granted you access to their server. Try using the hosted web app to delete the server, http://app.emby.media

38 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, yes it does. What exactly happens when you try to delete?

It does nothing

Well it did nothing on my iMac (I tried it a few times), but I have just installed the same emby app version on my laptop, tried it and it worked.
Laptop is running Monterey (12.6.8) I think the iMac is same, but I will need to check.