How do I complete erase a profile?

Matts915

Matts915

I installed Emby Server, gave it access to my media files, and then attempted to play some videos on my television that were stored on my Synology NAS.  I noticed that on the server, scanning the library just sort of hung at like 80% and never finished.  Also, when I add a new folder it doesn't show up in the Library.  The videos that I tried to play on my television wouldn't play, I got this spinning blue circle.  I attached a couple server logs....I'm in a complete morass though, I have no idea if these are even the right ones.  I just want to delete everything and start over.  But when I uninstall Emby and then reinstall it on my Synology the user profile with all the data is still there.  How do I get rid of everything, user profile, library, etc.  I want it to be like a fully fresh install. 

embyserver-63829629707.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by Matts915

I noticed that on the server, scanning the library just sort of hung at like 80% and never finished.  Also, when I add a new folder it doesn't show up in the Library.

These are connected. When the scan completes, your content will show up. The first time getting through can take a little bit longer. It's not hung. I would just give it time and allow it to finish. Please let us know if this helps.

The videos that I tried to play on my television wouldn't play, I got this spinning blue circle

Hi, can you please provide an example? Was an ffmpeg log file generated when you tried to play?

Matts915

Also, scan completed overnight, it definitely didn't add any of the new folders...they're on the NAS, I can pull up the files, folder doesn't show up in Emby though.  The only things that show up are the files and folders that were there when I first made the account

Edited by Matts915

13 hours ago, Matts915 said:

Also, scan completed overnight, it definitely didn't add any of the new folders...they're on the NAS, I can pull up the files, folder doesn't show up in Emby though.  The only things that show up are the files and folders that were there when I first made the account

Can you please provide a specific example?

Matts915
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you please provide a specific example?

Oddly, when I added more files to the folder it showed up!  So that's solved. 

As for files not playing, I did some testing to see which files would/wouldn't play.  I haven't gotten any 8k resolution files to play, and SOME 4k files.  I noticed that that bit-rate on the files that won't play is much higher....so something that has a bitrate of 25 mbps plays fine....something with 200 mbps won't play.  I tried to find the cutoff, it appears to be in the 30s somewhere.  I can get things at 32 mbps to play, but 50 mbps won't, 45 mbps won't, etc.    I would think it was a network issue, BUT all the files play on other devices, for instance, my PC.  

On 9/9/2023 at 9:11 AM, Matts915 said:

Oddly, when I added more files to the folder it showed up!  So that's solved. 

As for files not playing, I did some testing to see which files would/wouldn't play.  I haven't gotten any 8k resolution files to play, and SOME 4k files.  I noticed that that bit-rate on the files that won't play is much higher....so something that has a bitrate of 25 mbps plays fine....something with 200 mbps won't play.  I tried to find the cutoff, it appears to be in the 30s somewhere.  I can get things at 32 mbps to play, but 50 mbps won't, 45 mbps won't, etc.    I would think it was a network issue, BUT all the files play on other devices, for instance, my PC.  

@Matts915

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!