Teaser: WMC is back!

softworkz

5 minutes ago, ttgapers said:

but this sub-forum is visible for non-logged in users versus all other subs under "Testing Area".

Yes, we know, it meant to be this way. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Velwark said:

Will this be it‘s own Software or just something integrated in the Emby App?

For the beta, it's separate (too many differences). The plan is to integrate tightly with the core client code, but whether it will be separate or unified packages is not clear yet and it also depends on the target platform.

I've lost a few hours because YouTube rejected the launch video for copyright matters, but it will happen today! (i.e. before midnight, US eastern time).

• Thanks 1

Haubrija

Hi - Eager to try this out.  Looks amazing and can't wait to have this interface back.  

I'm not having a luck connecting to my server.  The server is up and running and I can view it on my HTPC but the new WMC Web app is giving me a connection failure, saying we're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  I tried from another computer and the Web App won't connect either.  On both computers, I'm able to access the Emby server normally.  Any ideas?  Thanks.  

Haubrija

I tried both.  Same result.  Connection Failure.

Just checked and Emby Theater can access the server so it definitely seems like an issue with the Web App.  Anything I should try? 

1 minute ago, Haubrija said:

I tried both.  Same result.  Connection Failure.

Just checked and Emby Theater can access the server so it definitely seems like an issue with the Web App.  Anything I should try? 

Does it work with app.emby.media ?

GrimReaper

Encountering same issue.

image.thumb.png.f6066513a9b2634ea3886bc77b20f42f.png

image.thumb.png.c307de74011756c46bd67fcdab16795e.png

image.png.5da5608a742bc0cfb1e8ea81df0eb975.png

Edit: To note: both WMC Theater Click Once installed and WMC Theater portable install connecting successfully.

Edit2: Ditto for WMC Android, both on mobile and AndroidTV, connection successful.

Edit3: https connection through my domain working.

image.thumb.png.e06d1099e32b4720d297f6666cb2d18c.png

Edited by GrimReaper

BrianSDX2

I wasn't able to get into my server via the webapp either but the apk works fine.  I love the UI but the first thing I miss right off the bat is continue watching. We honestly use that more than anything else. image.thumb.png.287c7a4fdb7f12594b051c4a840d5f34.png

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, BrianSDX2 said:

the first thing I miss right off the bat is continue watching. We honestly use that more than anything else.

It's under each library "suggestions" tab.

For me I have to use the HTTPS version even locally. Is it because I'm using a RP with this setting?

image.png.a998f3b8e3bc30f6f5fed0d91b1319fc.png

Edited by TMCsw
PR-->RP

Haubrija

I got it work on my primary machine the server runs on by skipping emby connect and just writing in localhost in the address bar with the existing port.  Works and good to go.

So on a computer on the same network, accessing the server on another computer - Yes, I can access app.emby.media fine but not the wmc.emby.meda - Same connection failure.

But nevertheless, I'm up and running and checking it out.  Thanks!

Chrome needs an Origin trial registration for "Private Network Access from non-secure contexts" (https://developer.chrome.com/origintrials/#/view_trial/4081387162304512001

The public beta URL is different and I need to update it.
The problem is that I cannot log in there (https://developer.chrome.com/origintrials/#/trials/active), neither Chrome nor FF. Can anybody of you log in there?