Live Tv guide bug - beta V1.7.9 (1)

danarm

Start a program from the guide directly using the play/pause button on the apple remote (instead of using the select button, viewing details and then selecting play etc) then go back to the guide.

You can navigate around the programs on the guide but can't use the select button to open the program details - you can only play using the play/pause button.

If you open the guide and select a program using the centre button of the remote (I'm calling this the select button), you can open up the details of the program, play it from there and then using the back button you can go back to the guide and again select another program - get the details and select play from there. I would consider this normal/ expected behaviour etc.

If instead of the above you highlight the program and simply press the play button on the remote it will play the show - again I consider this a normal operation. Only now having used the direct play option, when you use the back button and go back to guide you can navigate and highlight a show but you can't open it by selecting it. The only thing you can do now is use the play button to start the stream.

To get back to being able to use the select button and being able to show program details etc you now have to go back to the home screen and select live tv and open the guide again from which point you can navigate and show the program details using the select button.