Add option to ignore matching folder or file names via the UI

MarkKelly70

MarkKelly70

I apologize if this has been requested before, but now that I've come over from a competing media server product, I'd like the option to be able to ignore specific folders, i.e., subfolders called "/Bonus" or "/Extras", in my case.

As far as I know, the only way to do this at the moment is to add an ".ignore" file. Since I have hundreds of these subfolders through thousands of folders, this would not be an efficient way for me to ignore my extras. (At the moment, I'm struggling with trying to figure out how to create a script to do this for me.)

I think adding an option to ignore specific files via pattern matching would be helpful as well (i.e., sample_file*.m*).

I think it would be most useful if these were an option on the Library itself, or at least globally if it's easier from a programming standpoint. Perhaps a listbox with an 'add' button, or even just a textbox with the files/folder separated by semi-colons.

Although I'm already a premiere user, I'd be willing to pay additional if it helps to get this included.

Thanks in advance!

jaycedk

Guess you will have something more to think about, if this ever gets into stable from current beta.

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: