2 issues with my Emby app for Android TV

Nabukodonosor

Nabukodonosor

The first issue, on my first screenshot...When I open some episodes, it plays a wrong episode. I didn't know why until I saw several file names under the Video section. On my other screenshots you can see my file struction on my server, and where these files are. I think in this case the issue comes fom the S01E03 part of the both names. This is not good, at all. How can I solve this? Of course without renaming the files. On the other hand, I had the same issue with this same series, but with specials. There were 4 different specials episodes under the Video section, and in that case the issue couldn't be that season and episode numbering.

My other issue is on my second screenshot. As you can see on the rest of my screenshots, I have all subtitles in Serbian. But when Serbian is selected in the Subtitles menu, nothing is displayed, no subtitle. I have to choose that English option, and only then the Serbian subtitle is showed. But the problem is, it's out of sync. The timings are correct, because when I play the same show on my PC in MPC player, the sync is good. I think it shows the Serbian subtitle, but it uses that English timing. Any idea why is this happening?

My device is Mi Stick 4k with AndroidTV.

IMG_20230821_172552.jpg

MVIMG_20230821_172532.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Nabukodonosor

Tried renaming the file, the sam thing, it shows it again, only renamed this time. And on this screenshot, you can see the same situation with to specials. There is no way we can now talk about similar names

MVIMG_20230821_201342.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

pwhodges

Because the "Story of" episodes have the episode identification in them, they are seen as other versions of the episode, and so get merged - even though they are in a separate folder.  Emby currently tries to merge specials in with the season, however inappropriate (there used to be an option to control that behaviour, but now they've decided they know better, and removed it).  In this instance I would try overriding that behaviour by putting fake season 0 numbers before the episode number (e.g. s00e101) - using high numbers that won't exist in the metadata database.

Your newer example I cannot explain.

Paul

3 hours ago, Nabukodonosor said:

The same thing, only uglier interface.

Hi, why do you think it's uglier?

6 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

I don't know, it just is. And it's way slower. I went back to the latest beta for the AndroidTV.

Curious, If it wasn't slower, would you still have thought it was uglier?

Nabukodonosor

I don't know. For me, it just is. The AndroidTV version is much better suited for the TV. Looks nicer.

3 hours ago, Nabukodonosor said:

Tried renaming the file, the sam thing, it shows it again, only renamed this time. And on this screenshot, you can see the same situation with to specials. There is no way we can now talk about similar names

MVIMG_20230821_201342.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Can you show the latest complete directory structure rather than snippets? This way we can see everything, folder names, file names, hierarchy. Thanks.

Nabukodonosor

Well, you can see it above. That last screenshot. Those are the specials and I have the problem with them.

5 hours ago, Nabukodonosor said:

Well, you can see it above. That last screenshot. Those are the specials and I have the problem with them.

Hi.  That screenshot only shows a list of files not the entire folder structure.  Thanks.

rbjtech

Ideally you should do that for all the normal seasons as well - as your naming/numbering could be confusing things.

Just use the tvdb link above - it will show all Seasons and what they should be named.

Emby will try and do it's best if you don't use Season/Episode numbering - but I've always found using SxxExx to be solid.

Nabukodonosor

The problem with multiple episodes in the Video section is solved with this new naming pattern. But the subtitle issue still remains.

• Like 1

rbjtech
14 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

The problem with multiple episodes in the Video section is solved with this new naming pattern. But the subtitle issue still remains.

As they are only small standard defination files - can you post just one of them via private messaging, with it's serbian subtitle file for me to look at ?

Nabukodonosor

I have a very weak upload. :) But let me tell you this. When I play those files on my PC in a media player, they work just fine, the sync is perfect. So I don't think it's the subtitle issue. One more thing. Before I posted thing question a few days ago, I had this show in a different video format...the whole season in only 2 files. You can see it on my screenshot. And even with those I had subtitle sync issues. In the meantime, I have downloaded the whole show with proper files, and still the same issue. But only with this show. :D

Screenshot_2.jpg

rbjtech

Without the files I would just be guessing I'm afraid.   It's possible the PC player is maybe looking at the internal (DVDSUB) files are syncing the Serbian SRT file (that is probably out of sync) but emby does not do that.   You can fix the sync yourself with Applications such as subsync.  

Nabukodonosor

In the meantime, how do you explain the thing that when Serbian subtitle is selected (and it's selected by default), it doesn't show anything, but when I select english it shows Serbian subtitle, out of sync?

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, Nabukodonosor said:

In the meantime, how do you explain the thing that when Serbian subtitle is selected (and it's selected by default), it doesn't show anything, but when I select english it shows Serbian subtitle, out of sync?

No idea - that's why I need the files .. ;)