Server Playback Problems after a restore from backup on Truenas

jmail
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mediafamille

@jmailtu peux modifier la version présente comme ça 

pkg delete emby-server
pkg add --force https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.42/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.42_amd64.pkg
pkg install emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.42_amd64.pkg

4 minutes ago, mediafamille said:

@jmailtu peux modifier la version présente comme ça 

pkg delete emby-server
pkg add --force https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.42/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.42_amd64.pkg

Yes I did the standard install as I had noted above, then I tried these steps, but the emby server fails to start after this. I just keeps attempting to spawn the service and failing in the log. That is why I was hoping there was a more direct way to install it since this pkg delete and install does not seem to work reliably for me.

mediafamille

@jmailah d'accord c'était pareil pour moi toutes version supérieur à la 4.8.0.39 le service ne démarre pas j'ai pas tester la version 42 mais la 41 et 40 ne fonctionne pas chez moi 

• Agree 1

If you're on the beta channel can you please try redownloading the latest build and installing it on top of your existing version? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

@LukeI was able to get the upgrade done by performing a fresh install using the git clone iocage method. That got me a jail with 4.7.13.0 installed with the same issues that started this thread. I then performed an upgrade using this method:

pkg delete emby-server
wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.42/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.42_amd64.pkg

I restarted Emby to reflect the upgrade

The server them showed 4.8.0.42 beta in the console
I added a new folder/library and performed a scan.
After this scan, the behavior seems the same as before. I cannot play files, the console sometimes hangs when navigating elsewhere, no images on the files, and hitting the admin console often shows the user restricted menu until I hard refresh the page.

Let me know if I can do any troubleshooting or gather data on this.

image.png.d97e0a894abe54ce0bd71585c3ff116f.png

5 hours ago, jmail said:

@LukeI was able to get the upgrade done by performing a fresh install using the git clone iocage method. That got me a jail with 4.7.13.0 installed with the same issues that started this thread. I then performed an upgrade using this method:

pkg delete emby-server
wget https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.8.0.42/emby-server-freebsd13_4.8.0.42_amd64.pkg

I restarted Emby to reflect the upgrade

The server them showed 4.8.0.42 beta in the console
I added a new folder/library and performed a scan.
After this scan, the behavior seems the same as before. I cannot play files, the console sometimes hangs when navigating elsewhere, no images on the files, and hitting the admin console often shows the user restricted menu until I hard refresh the page.

Let me know if I can do any troubleshooting or gather data on this.

image.png.d97e0a894abe54ce0bd71585c3ff116f.png

Did you download a fresh copy of the beta package again today? Can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks.

5 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you download a fresh copy of the beta package again today? Can you please attach the emby server log? Thanks.

@LukeYes I did download a fresh copy as of the time of the writing. I performed the test a few mins before writing the post. If that was not soon enough, let me know and I can repeat.

Attached are the recent logs. I also enabled debugging and tried to play a file in case that helps.

embyserver_debug.txt embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63828203003.txt

On 8/21/2023 at 7:57 PM, jmail said:

@LukeYes I did download a fresh copy as of the time of the writing. I performed the test a few mins before writing the post. If that was not soon enough, let me know and I can repeat.

Attached are the recent logs. I also enabled debugging and tried to play a file in case that helps.

embyserver_debug.txt 40.73 kB · 2 downloads embyserver.txt 29.75 kB · 1 download hardware_detection-63828203003.txt 125.54 kB · 2 downloads

@LukeWere those log files of any help on this topic? Is there any other data I can get you to help?

• Solution
5 hours ago, jmail said:

@LukeWere those log files of any help on this topic? Is there any other data I can get you to help?

Have you installed 4.8.0.43?

On 8/28/2023 at 8:30 PM, Luke said:

Have you installed 4.8.0.43?

That seems to have done the trick on playback and general usability! Thanks for all that you and the Emby team do @Luke

As a side effect, the Server Backup plugin might need a look as I see few issues related to it (let me know if/where I should repost this information):

-I installed it after the upgrade from .42 to .43 and the pop up screen that confirms installation and says to restart the service had three phantom buttons below it that said undefined. One of them also showed up when doing a standard server restart from the main config screen (screenshot). 

-When restoring from a location, the browse window to browse the file structure has no ability to scroll so you are limited to clicking on the first four folder paths or manually entering the path. This issue I had seen on earlier versions throughout this recent journey, so I am not sure when the scroll window disappeared.

image.png.4dfa9dd7ea02dde669d72b6f91a9aff5.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jmail said:

That seems to have done the trick on playback and general usability! Thanks for all that you and the Emby team do @Luke

As a side effect, the Server Backup plugin might need a look as I see few issues related to it (let me know if/where I should repost this information):

-I installed it after the upgrade from .42 to .43 and the pop up screen that confirms installation and says to restart the service had three phantom buttons below it that said undefined. One of them also showed up when doing a standard server restart from the main config screen (screenshot). 

-When restoring from a location, the browse window to browse the file structure has no ability to scroll so you are limited to clicking on the first four folder paths or manually entering the path. This issue I had seen on earlier versions throughout this recent journey, so I am not sure when the scroll window disappeared.

image.png.4dfa9dd7ea02dde669d72b6f91a9aff5.png

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.