Emby for Kodi Next Gen strm file playback error

jeroenjura

jeroenjura

Good evening, I have a problem with the ‘Emby for Kodi Next Gen’ plugin.

The main problem is that it either doesn’t want to start playing and/or giving me a ‘Playback error’.

My library only contains .strm files in which are paths to video files on a mounted Rclone drive (using RealDebrid and Rclone_RD). When trying to play these files there is no loading symbol the screen flickers a bit, screen goes black (almost as if it wants to start playing) but then instantly exits out and goes back to the home screen.

I use the Kodi skin: Titan Bingie Mod (but tested multiple).

I’ve ran multiple tests:

. Playing the .strm files from the Emby WebUI and from Android works fine

. When using Kodi’s base skin (Estuary) the video does eventually start playing

. Running ‘Emby for Kodi Next Gen’ in native mode works fine (so the problem for me lies in Add-on mode)

. I tried using .strm files that have the RealDebrid generated links directly inside them (so not linked to my Rclone mounted drive). These files do show the loading symbol, but sadly don’t start playing aswell.

So since it does work (kind of) in the Estuary skin I thought it could have been the problem of ‘Titan Bingie Mod’. But like mentioned, native mode does work. Additionally, I tested Jellyfin’s Kodi plugin in addon-mode and this one works fine too. So maybe it’s not directly the skins fault but something else going on?

quickmic

I think the issue is related to that:

2023-08-03 19:05:14.233 T:33768    info <general>: DXVA::CProcessorHD::InitProcessor: supported deinterlace methods: blend:yes, bob:yes, adaptive:yes, mocomp:yes.
2023-08-03 19:05:14.270 T:33768    info <general>: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2023-08-03 19:05:14.285 T:33768 warning <general>: CRendererHQ::CheckVideoParameters: chosen scaling method 1 is not supported by renderer

Seems you use a special renderer or custom player? Try disable this feature in Kodi and run again. The plugin doesn't report anything odd, the Kodi player just struggles with the content.

Also you could try transcoding.

Edited by quickmic

jeroenjura

Thank you for the quick response,

I tested transcoding but sadly this doesn't fix the issue I'm having. Also like I mentioned before, running add-on mode and the Kodi default skin (Estuary) works fine. But with the skin Titan Bingie Mod there seems to be a problem. Running the Emby Next Gen in native mode does work fine with this skin, so maybe that would be my solution.

quickmic
46 minutes ago, jeroenjura said:

Thank you for the quick response,

I tested transcoding but sadly this doesn't fix the issue I'm having. Also like I mentioned before, running add-on mode and the Kodi default skin (Estuary) works fine. But with the skin Titan Bingie Mod there seems to be a problem. Running the Emby Next Gen in native mode does work fine with this skin, so maybe that would be my solution.

I sent you a PM