Corruption When streaming to Samsung Smart TV

jblotka

jblotka
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, please attach the Emby server log as well. Thanks.

This is it, correct?

embyserver.txt

Edited by jblotka
Confirmation question.

• 2 weeks later...
jblotka
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, does this video have Dolby Vision?

The content itself is standard HDR. The audio is dolby Atmos. 

jblotka

Upon further inspection, corruption occurs only with Disney files, both torrented and ripped. Although using emby on amazon fire TV results in perfect picture no matter publisher. 

1 hour ago, jblotka said:

How would I go about doing that in a way that helps you best?

dropbox or google drive would be great. thanks.

jblotka
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

dropbox or google drive would be great. thanks.

Sure thing, how do I make a sample video? Do I simply trim the .mkv?

12 hours ago, jblotka said:

Sure thing, how do I make a sample video? Do I simply trim the .mkv?

Yes, just please make sure to verify that the problem also occurs with the smaller sample. Thanks !

jblotka
On 8/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, Luke said:

Yes, just please make sure to verify that the problem also occurs with the smaller sample. Thanks !

What do you recommend for trimming the footage?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is resolved in the current beta server with newer ffmpeg, so when it becomes the standard release you might find that this doesn't occur anymore.

It is/was a common issue when remuxing UHD content.  Normally I would suggest that you play another audio track to avoid remuxing, but it looks like the TrueHD track is the only one in your file.

You can try using this command to add an AC3 track from the TrueHD track (ignore that it says LG/DTS - it will do what you need).  

On 8/26/2023 at 2:46 PM, Luke said:

mkvtoolnix is what i would suggest.

thanks, sent that trim to you directly with google drive link

10 hours ago, SamES said:

think this is resolved in the current beta server with newer ffmpeg, so when it becomes the standard release you might find that this doesn't occur anymore.

It is/was a common issue when remuxing UHD content.  Normally I would suggest that you play another audio track to avoid remuxing, but it looks like the TrueHD track is the only one in your file.

Just to clarify, changing the audio will fix the picture? The audio played fine for me, it was the picture that became corrupt somewhere between the tv receiving it and displaying it.

7 minutes ago, jblotka said:

Just to clarify, changing the audio will fix the picture? The audio played fine for me, it was the picture that became corrupt somewhere between the tv receiving it and displaying it.

Correct. The audio plays fine, but it’s the process of converting the audio and putting it in a new container that’s corrupting the video. By avoiding the audio conversion from TrueHD you will avoid the video corruption

Last time I tested with the beta server this problem was resolved but for now adding another audio track is your only option until the next major release. 

2 hours ago, jblotka said:

@SamESI'm stuck at finding the server system directory. I can't find it in the Emby web application. Could you provide a path for me?

What are you trying to do? 

On 10/26/2020 at 3:00 AM, rbjtech said:

For those with the DTS problem, the best solution is to simply add a non DTS track to the original media.  That way, the issues goes away and you now have a file that can be played by any system - you can opt to play the DTS Audio if you can - this script does not replace it.

Go to your emby server system directory and find ffmpeg

Then at a command window use the following to ADD an AC3 track and make it the default track :-

ffmpeg.exe -i input.mkv -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a -map 0:s?  -c:v copy -c:s copy -c:a copy -c:a:0 ac3 -disposition:a:0 default -disposition:a:1 0 output.mkv

It copies all the existing tracks (original quality) and just adds an AC3 track, derived from the 1st Audio track.

This will work on any mkv file incl 4K - it will not touch the original 'input.mkv' file.

I'm trying to follow these directions. Starting with finding where to enter the code. 

2 hours ago, jblotka said:

@SamESI'm stuck at finding the server system directory. I can't find it in the Emby web application. Could you provide a path for me?

It depends on your operating system, but from your log file, try here 

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg

17 minutes ago, SamES said:

It depends on your operating system, but from your log file, try here 

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg

I'm on a windows PC, running my server off a QNAP TS-453Be NAS. Apparently in order to get to the .qpkg I'd need to get root access to the NAS and that's a whole process on it's own. should I just update to Emby beta?

54 minutes ago, jblotka said:

I'm on a windows PC, running my server off a QNAP TS-453Be NAS. Apparently in order to get to the .qpkg I'd need to get root access to the NAS and that's a whole process on it's own. should I just update to Emby beta?

I wouldn’t just for this. 

Do you have premier license?  You could use the convert feature to create a copy with the original video and a new audio track.