Apple TV 4k - Music Library

Crowleyisking

21 minutes ago, Crowleyisking said:

@Lukeno bud. I didn't understand it.

What did you try? How far did you get?

SamES
3 hours ago, Crowleyisking said:

@Lukeno bud. I didn't understand it.

Did you check the PM that where I sent you some detailed steps to complete? 

danarm

Hi,

I have the same issue on latest public server release (Windows) and latest emby apple tv app.

{"Items":[{"Name":"Music","ServerId":"d8bd4bd0247d4da192b70ec315fb8f1b","Id":"114333","IsFolder":true,"Type":"Folder","ImageTags":{},"BackdropImageTags":[]},{"Name":"Tv Film Recordings","ServerId":"d8bd4bd0247d4da192b70ec315fb8f1b","Id":"125154","IsFolder":true,"Type":"Folder","ImageTags":{},"BackdropImageTags":[]},{"Name":"Films","ServerId":"d8bd4bd0247d4da192b70ec315fb8f1b","Id":"125858","IsFolder":true,"Type":"Folder","ImageTags":{},"BackdropImageTags":[]},{"Name":"Tv Recordings","ServerId":"d8bd4bd0247d4da192b70ec315fb8f1b","Id":"584781","IsFolder":true,"Type":"Folder","ImageTags":{},"BackdropImageTags":[]},{"Name":"playlists","ServerId":"d8bd4bd0247d4da192b70ec315fb8f1b","Id":"765154","IsFolder":true,"Type":"Folder","ImageTags":{},"BackdropImageTags":[]}],"TotalRecordCount":5}

SamES

OK, I can reproduce this in tvOS 17 Beta.    Let me work on a fix, it shouldn't be a big issue to resolve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Nescobar
On 7/14/2023 at 9:27 PM, SamES said:

OK, I can reproduce this in tvOS 17 Beta.    Let me work on a fix, it shouldn't be a big issue to resolve.

It's doing it here using TvOS 16. Not sure how long this has been happening but there are no track lists on albums and the progress bar is static when playing a track. I so much wish the Apple TV version was anywhere near as good as the AndroidTV version.

danarm

"I so much wish the Apple TV version was anywhere near as good as the AndroidTV version."

I totally agree with you, overall the app is very disappointing compared to other platform versions like android, roku and Windows.

I've reverted to using Plex which at the moment is far better on apple tv.

It would be useful to know when the emby update will arrive, I'm hoping for some overall improvement. 

danarm

Thank you Luke,

So the album track listings are now present, however if you play tracks directly from within the album the seek bar does not progress or allow you to seek.

If you back out to the now playing tab the seek bar works as expected.

Hopefully you'll be able to replicate this, if not do let me know if I can provide you with further info.

Nescobar
On 7/31/2023 at 1:21 PM, danarm said:

"I so much wish the Apple TV version was anywhere near as good as the AndroidTV version."

I totally agree with you, overall the app is very disappointing compared to other platform versions like android, roku and Windows.

I've reverted to using Plex which at the moment is far better on apple tv.

It would be useful to know when the emby update will arrive, I'm hoping for some overall improvement. 

I'm with you on that. I abandoned Plex quite a while back when they took it in a direction in which I had no interest. But I'm thinking about putting it up again--just for audio, at least until Emby is developed as it has been for Android, IOS, etc.

danarm
13 minutes ago, Nescobar said:

I'm with you on that. I abandoned Plex quite a while back when they took it in a direction in which I had no interest. But I'm thinking about putting it up again--just for audio, at least until Emby is developed as it has been for Android, IOS, etc.

The only issue I've had with Plex for music is the Sweet fades option in the audio settings, if you leave it on it seems when you start a track and then go to another before the first one ends it will play it over the top of the first one, carry it on and you have multiple tracks playing all at once.

Otherwise it seems they have been able to get their app to do everything else as expected.

Nescobar
On 8/2/2023 at 1:08 PM, danarm said:

The only issue I've had with Plex for music is the Sweet fades option in the audio settings, if you leave it on it seems when you start a track and then go to another before the first one ends it will play it over the top of the first one, carry it on and you have multiple tracks playing all at once.

Otherwise it seems they have been able to get their app to do everything else as expected.

Thanks for the info. I don't think it had that function back when I quit and went to Emby.

On 7/31/2023 at 6:28 PM, danarm said:

Thank you Luke,

So the album track listings are now present, however if you play tracks directly from within the album the seek bar does not progress or allow you to seek.

If you back out to the now playing tab the seek bar works as expected.

Hopefully you'll be able to replicate this, if not do let me know if I can provide you with further info.

Hi, this is resolved in the next update to Emby for Apple TV. Thanks !