Apple TV 4k - Music Library

Crowleyisking

Crowleyisking

Hey guys. Until yesterday everything was working fine but now Emby will not display the track list in my albums. Everything plays fine but I can't see the individual tracks per album. 

Ive made sure everything is updated on the server end, did I shutdown and restart, I even reset my apple TV. Any thoughts what could be causing the issue all of a sudden?

Crowleyisking
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, how does the Emby web app compare?

Hi Luke

Yeah, that works just fine too. It's really got me stumped.

• Thanks 1

SamES
18 hours ago, Crowleyisking said:

Hey guys. Until yesterday everything was working fine but now Emby will not display the track list in my albums. Everything plays fine but I can't see the individual tracks per album. 

Ive made sure everything is updated on the server end, did I shutdown and restart, I even reset my apple TV. Any thoughts what could be causing the issue all of a sudden?

Can you please let me know the app and server version? 

Can you please post a server log with debug logging enabled when you try and view an album? 

Thanks

Crowleyisking
25 minutes ago, SamES said:

Can you please let me know the app and server version? 

Can you please post a server log with debug logging enabled when you try and view an album? 

Thanks

Hi, im not sure what ive attached is what you require, for some reason i couldnt download the log directly.

Apple TV app version is 1.7.4

Server version is 4.7.13.0 running on windows 11.

Emby Log.txt

SamES

Thanks, that looks fine.

Is it a problem with every album?  Do any work?

Crowleyisking

They all work, just don't have a track list, but tracks will appear when you play the album. I've attached a couple of pics as an example. It does this for every album.

16879549184742132854956361369241.jpg

1687954947787953196434117478624.jpg

SamES
2 minutes ago, Crowleyisking said:

They all work, just don't have a track list, but tracks will appear when you play the album. I've attached a couple of pics as an example. It does this for every album.

Is the 'Included In' and 'More like this' sections always blank as well?

SamES
12 minutes ago, Crowleyisking said:

Yeah and it's only been like this for the last few days, it was previously all fine. 

It is odd, I can't reproduce it at all.

I can't think why it would make a difference, but can you try force closing the app on AppleTV, then reload it?  (Double click the TV/Home button, then scroll to the Emby app and swipe up to force close)

Crowleyisking

I did that when it first happened and then done a factory reset of the apple TV, same thing. 

SamES
26 minutes ago, Crowleyisking said:

I did that when it first happened and then done a factory reset of the apple TV, same thing. 

OK, not sure then.  Maybe @Lukemight have an idea.  I'll keep thinking about it.  I don't know if anyone else is seeing this same issue

Crowleyisking

Appreciate your time bud. I've asked on Reddit but no one else seems to be having this issue 🤷

SamES

In the web app, can you make a music playlist and add a few tracks, then try the playlist in AppleTV to see what happens?

It's built from the same screens so I'm curious if it works

SamES

What specific year/model is the AppleTV?  Does it have the latest tvOS version?

Crowleyisking
4 minutes ago, SamES said:

In the web app, can you make a music playlist and add a few tracks, then try the playlist in AppleTV to see what happens?

It's built from the same screens so I'm curious if it works

Yeah this worked and I have a track list if I use a playlist. They also show in my previously made playlist. 

Crowleyisking
4 minutes ago, SamES said:

What specific year/model is the AppleTV?  Does it have the latest tvOS version?

I'm running Apple TV OS 17 beta. I have removed myself from that program but it keeps reinstalling the same version of the OS. Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that earlier.

SamES
7 hours ago, Crowleyisking said:

I'm running Apple TV OS 17 beta. I have removed myself from that program but it keeps reinstalling the same version of the OS. Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that earlier.

OK, that's interesting.  Not quite sure why that should be having an impact, but it's possible.

Good to know that the playlist works - so something about the albums that is odd

SamES

If you're slightly adventurous, you can try this for me.

On the server generate an API Key from the Advanced tab in server management

In a web browser, enter the full url below, but you must replace the api key from above in the last part of this url, ie: replace [api_key]

http://192.168.3.120:8096/emby/Users/2e02c51385e5491f80a68376aec503b6/Items?ParentId=110101&LocalSortBy=ParentIndexNumber,IndexNumber,SortName&Fields=ProductionYear,PremiereDate,OfficialRating&api_key=[api_key]

Please post the full text returned in the browser window (feel free to PM me if you prefer)

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Crowleyisking said:

@Lukeis there a full release update or is it a beta? I'm not signed up for beta releases.

1.7.4 is available to all now.

On 6/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, SamES said:

If you're slightly adventurous, you can try this for me.

On the server generate an API Key from the Advanced tab in server management

In a web browser, enter the full url below, but you must replace the api key from above in the last part of this url, ie: replace [api_key]

http://192.168.3.120:8096/emby/Users/2e02c51385e5491f80a68376aec503b6/Items?ParentId=110101&LocalSortBy=ParentIndexNumber,IndexNumber,SortName&Fields=ProductionYear,PremiereDate,OfficialRating&api_key=[api_key]

Please post the full text returned in the browser window (feel free to PM me if you prefer)

@Crowleyiskingwere you able to do this?