Auto Convert Settings

brezzz

brezzz

Hi

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now, with no luck. I wanted to set my folders to auto convert to AAC audio, which I have been able to do. However, for compatibility reasons, I need AAC in stereo (2.0) rather than the default which is 5.1. Is there any way to achieve this using the auto convert feature?

Thanks in advance

Brezzz

Q-Droid

I haven't seen options to do more than change the codec and quality. If you want to downmix to stereo then processing the media outside of Emby might be your best approach. Then you can add a stereo stream to the media and preserve x.1 so multiple audio streams are available during playback.

• Like 1

brezzz

Most but not all unfortunately and I have any sort of transcoding disabled. Just wondered if it could be added that's all

• 4 months later...
xxAmigoxx
On 6/26/2023 at 12:30 AM, Luke said:

What issue? Most stereo devices can still play 5.1 via down mixing.

why are you changing topic instead of giving a solution?  do you have solution to just convert the audio to AAC( be it 5.1 or whatever) and save it deleting the original file, source is AC3 audio, some devices can not direct play it. 

9 hours ago, xxAmigoxx said:

why are you changing topic instead of giving a solution?  do you have solution to just convert the audio to AAC( be it 5.1 or whatever) and save it deleting the original file, source is AC3 audio, some devices can not direct play it. 

@xxAmigoxxhave you explored the convert media feature on the server? 

Convert Media