Emby Hangs at 99% Starting Playback of Known Good Movie

Major_Minor

Major_Minor

I have Emby apps running on windows, lg tv, iphone and samsung tv

When Emby (ON SAMSUNG TV) attempts to play this one movie, it hangs at 99%

However it seems to play every other movie just fine. I have tried changing resolutions and switching from dolby 7.x to 5.x

There is no message. I just see the swirling circle with 99% showing.

SamES

It might just be an issue with the encoding, or that specific file has a small corruption.  Probably nothing to worry about.

Major_Minor

I suspect it might be that emby on samsung has a decoding bug because the file plays on all other emby players and i have used several converters and they process the file without issue.

It would be great to be able to upload logs and get this fixed for the community.

Major_Minor

Hi

The failed attempts at playback occured around 21:09. Nothing else was viewed that day (i think)

The line # I believe is relevant is #49944.

There is nothing on the screen to screenshot except the standard completely blank screen with 99 in a circle in the middle. The standard icon show its 99% downloaded.

When I start the playback i see it count up like 30, 55, 84, 99 and then it hangs. I never see even the first frame of the movie

Emby Log.txt

SamES

Can you post the media info for that file? 

Sorry, I misunderstood your original question.  I thought you meant at 99% of playback completed.  I don't see the percentages in the loader on my TV - maybe it's only on newer models

I've seen something like this in some movies where the internal player never completes loading.  Press play (or pause then play) and it should trick it into completing. 

I've only seen this in very rare occasions and I have never been able to resolve it.   I suspect it is a minor file format incompatibility or a format that is on the edge of the player specs

If this a fairly high-bitrate file?  

SamES

Sorry, are we referring to a Samsung or LG TV - I can't see any Samsung TV connections in your log

Major_Minor

Hi,

I was fiddling around with other settings in the interim and realized if i disabled subtitles, then playback ran fine.

I thought maybe something was non-standard about the recording and when I transcoded it, the resulting video caused kmplayer and powerdvd to have difficulty turning on/off subtitles. I would also have trouble changing languages, ... Just general wierdness.

Since this is the only movie from many I have ever had a problem with, Im chalking it being somehow non-compliant.

Thanks for your help, but I dont waste everyone's time chasing this. Now that multiple players are having issues and its localized to something about subtitle support, Ill just move on.

It wasnt that good a movie anyway. 

Thanks

• Thanks 2